Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who was your man of the match v Ipswich Town at home?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:10 pm

David Marshall
No votes
John Brayford
1%
Sean Morrison
No votes
Bruno Manga
4%
Fabio
34%
Craig Noone
9%
Aron Gunnarsson
6%
Peter Whittingham
36%
Anthony Pilkington
3%
Kiko Macheda
1%
Adam Le Fondre
4%
Nicky Maynard (sub)
No votes
Joe Ralls (sub)
No votes

Total votes : 96

' VOTE MOTM v Ipswich Town (h) '

Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:10 pm

Another great result tonight, two wins from two games for Russell Slade :ayatollah: pushing up the table slowly :bluescarf:

But who was your man of the match?

Don't forget, the player from each match with the most MOTM votes will go into a Player of the Month poll. The winner will be who gets the most POTM votes, and this forum will be presenting an award to the winner :ayatollah:

48 hours to vote :ayatollah:

Bruno Manga was the winner against Forest :thumbright:

Re: MOTM v Ipswich Town (h)

Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:16 pm

Whitts for me.
His positioning tonight was excellent. He is starting to win more challenges and headers

Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:40 pm

Craig noone or Whitts for me also Fabio had a awesome game

Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:45 pm

Fabio for me :thumbright:

Re: ' VOTE MOTM v Ipswich Town (h) '

Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:46 pm

Fabulous Fabio for me.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:50 pm

We are starting to look a proper unit defensively , surprising what a consistent selection can do?
This to me is giving our midfield more confidence, Whitts excellent again tonight, but Gunner for me! :notworthy:
He looks leaner, and seems to have a real appetite for the game. He's making tackles, interceptions, running with the ball and looks the real deal at the moment.
Our unsung hero & I have to admit to wanting him nowhere near the side last season :thumbup:

Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:52 pm

castleblue wrote:Fabulous Fabio for me.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Maybe there should be an option to vote for Slade. :lol:

What a difference a week makes. If Millwall works out, that'll be 9 from 9 in a week!!

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:55 pm

Fabio, skill and effort, closely followed by the entire team the last 2 games have made up for the start of the season as we now have hope and expectations again

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:03 pm

Think people underestimate how pivotal gunnarson is to our side just the same as he was under Malkys promotion season

He may not have the quality of whitts with the end product but he is a battler, a real warrior in the middle of the park he was everywhere today and really made the difference for us if he is off his game which on occasions he is then whitts will also have a poor game that's why his role is pivotal for us

I personally think he is a slade type player and will be pretty much ever present barring injury and suspension for us and think he should be our captain, been doing it for Iceland for years and one thing you get with him is 110% effort every game

Was a close call with Fabio for me, guy was also everywhere and Pilkington could have made him shine even more if he'd have actually played some overlaps when he'd made runs through

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:12 pm

There should be an option this week for the whole team because they were all fantastic imo

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:16 pm

Cardiff City vs Ipswich Town ratings: The best and worst as Bluebirds win again -

The Cardiff City team is an improving outfit but just who was their best player on Tuesday night?

Both Peter Whittingham and Federico Macheda got on the score sheet for the second successive matches.

Alfie got off the mark and there were a number of solid performances at the back, including from the returning Fabio.

But just who were the very best performers as Cardiff ran out 3-1 winners over Ipswich, who were in sixth place in the Championship before kick-off?

Terry Phillips was at the Cardiff City Stadium and gives his verdict below.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... wn-7975954?

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:23 pm

Creigiau bluebirds wrote:Fabio, skill and effort, closely followed by the entire team the last 2 games have made up for the start of the season as we now have hope and expectations again

this, there hasn't been a single bad performer, I feel bad for not being able to vote more.

Brayford is the most consistent player I've ever seen

Manga is oozing class

Morrison is solid and has a good understanding

Fabio is Fabio

Noone is dynamic and essential at relieving pressure

Whitts has been scoring for fun from range, my favourite kind of whitts

Gunnar has been covering so many bases and suring up the defense, I didn't think we could play a four man midfield until he stepped up

Pilkington has been underrated but is brilliant if he can get into the pitch, works well on the break with Noone

Le fonder is working hard, nice to see him get his well deserved goal

Macheda has been quiet at times but pops up with some great plays and cool finishing.

when Slade was said to be able to get the best out of his players I now see what exactly that meant.

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:24 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:Think people underestimate how pivotal gunnarson is to our side just the same as he was under Malkys promotion season

He may not have the quality of whitts with the end product but he is a battler, a real warrior in the middle of the park he was everywhere today and really made the difference for us if he is off his game which on occasions he is then whitts will also have a poor game that's why his role is pivotal for us

I personally think he is a slade type player and will be pretty much ever present barring injury and suspension for us and think he should be our captain, been doing it for Iceland for years and one thing you get with him is 110% effort every game

Was a close call with Fabio for me, guy was also everywhere and Pilkington could have made him shine even more if he'd have actually played some overlaps when he'd made runs through

Agree, posted positive remarks above about Gunner and whilst I know it's not likely to happen, I'd consider him as a captain as I still believe strongly in the captain being an outfield player. When they scored tonight it was evident that nobody said a word of encouragement.
He captains his country, why not City?
I know I've gone off topic but thought he was excellent tonight and to me no coincidence we struggled big time on Sat v Forest when he went off(followed by Adeyemi).

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:34 pm

Valley Lad wrote:
smakerzthebluebird wrote:Think people underestimate how pivotal gunnarson is to our side just the same as he was under Malkys promotion season

Agree, posted positive remarks above about Gunner and whilst I know it's not likely to happen, I'd consider him as a captain as I still believe strongly in the captain being an outfield player. When they scored tonight it was evident that nobody said a word of encouragement.
He captains his country, why not City?
I know I've gone off topic but thought he was excellent tonight and to me no coincidence we struggled big time on Sat v Forest when he went off(followed by Adeyemi).

Totally agree think he's a key player once again for this championship campaign a level he is very good at which was proven in last promotion campaign

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:56 pm

Very surprised at the lack of Le Fondre votes right now, he was absolutely brilliant tonight :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:02 pm

Fabian played well but at fault for the goal in my opinion

Bradford and whitts very good

Le fondre getting better each game

But today Pilkington for me.....had his best game in a city shirt

Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:40 am

Hardest decision for me all season.

Only player I didn't consider was Marshall due to a solid defensive effort.

Brayford again showed we needed him last season, what a recovery from the corner to halt jonny williams countering.
Manga was as ever quality.
Morrison I'm not fully convinced but alongside manga I thought he looked like he was improving and constant aerial threat.
Fabio enough said. As ever one of the most commuted and so much quality defensively and getting forward.

Noone was so fired up! Kicked like f**k argued every decision not ever seen him like this, caused them a lot of problems.
Gunnarson great battling performance and got back and forward constantly, back to his best?
Whitts again controlled the middle of the park and what a strike under pressure.
Pilkington thought it was his best game so far. Caused a lot of trouble for them and ran himself into the ground. 2nd MoTM for me.

Macheda ran a lot and tried to cause the defence problems and got a deserved goal even if it was luck.
Le Fondre shocked by how much ground he covered! He was down both channels, helping defend, pressing defence, he even caused the defence problems when long balls were aimed at him which he should never win and got the luck for his goal for his work rate, MoTM for me.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:19 am

Good to see so many different opinions for MOM.
Proves there were so many great performances.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:48 am

Noone for me - again.

Worked himself into the ground, danced past a fair few of their players, tracked back when needed and kept possession well. :bluescarf:

Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:42 pm

Closest its ever been on here, between 2 City players :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Closest its ever been on here, between 2 City players :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That can only be good Annis, shows that it was a good team performance :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:51 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Closest its ever been on here, between 2 City players :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That can only be good Annis, shows that it was a good team performance :ayatollah:

Very True Ned :thumbright: :thumbright:

Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:52 pm

Can't give it to Fabio because he was at fault for their goal, other than than another good performance. Whitts for me though :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:31 pm

Whitts 32 Fabio 31

Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:31 pm

CantonJack wrote:Can't give it to Fabio because he was at fault for their goal, other than than another good performance. Whitts for me though :ayatollah:

I realise Im swimming against the tide but I just dont get this Fabio love in every week. As stated above, he was at fault for the goal, got needlessly booked and fell over when thru on goal. Just seems that some players get away with poor touches more than others as the fans forgive some players and not others. My mates have all told me Im talking shite but I maintain Brayford is a better fb. Cant fault his effort tho

Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:12 pm

Three hours to go and one vote separates two players :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:17 pm

Good to see the praise being spread around. Looks like Russ has sorted the right 1st eleven out very quickly. I look forward to some more consistency.