Please tell me Jones isn't injured an Slade see's he's awful

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby sloper_road_legend » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:13 pm

I see he's not even on the Bench.
As far as I know he's not injured? This can only be a good thing and so far since saturday this already seems to have come into effect positively
sloper_road_legend

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Please tell me Jones isn't injured an Slade see's he's a

Postby NIBluebird » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:49 pm

The guy was on international duty , he`s being rested.

He`ll be back Saturday ...................
NIBluebird

Postby nubbsy » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:38 pm

sloper_road_legend wrote:I see he's not even on the Bench.
As far as I know he's not injured? This can only be a good thing and so far since saturday this already seems to have come into effect positively

Clueless.
nubbsy

Postby NIBluebird » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:46 pm

nubbsy wrote:

Clueless.

Yep
NIBluebird

Postby KWest » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:48 pm

Whilst I appreciate his contribution so far, we play better football without him in our team
KWest

Postby griff105 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:00 pm

NIBluebird wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Clueless.

Yep

Nope.
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor
griff105

Postby sloper_road_legend » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:07 pm

Clueless?

We've just beaten two top 6 sides without Jones the most dangerous thing about Kenwyne Jones is he chips in with a goal at this level and it disguises our problems.

You see the difference today (and last week for an hour) against a quality team when we have two quality goal scorers on the pitch and not a Target man with poor footballing ability?
sloper_road_legend

Postby piledriver64 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:24 pm

sloper_road_legend wrote:Clueless?

We've just beaten two top 6 sides without Jones the most dangerous thing about Kenwyne Jones is he chips in with a goal at this level and it disguises our problems.

You see the difference today (and last week for an hour) against a quality team when we have two quality goal scorers on the pitch and not a Target man with poor footballing ability?

Are you seriously claiming that Macheda contributes more than Jones ?

If so, then clearly we have a different view on football :?
piledriver64

Postby EL JEFE » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:33 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

My mother-in- law contributes more than jones !
EL JEFE

Postby nubbsy » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:47 pm

sloper_road_legend wrote:Clueless?

I agree with you in the sense we play better now, I'd keep macheda and le fondre up front too. But I just don't agree that he is useless, you need target men in this league. Remember he's played this year when City have been under ole in a completely unorganised squad humping the ball up, bar 15 mins sat and IMO made massive improvements on last year and scored goals from sod all. It's no surprise whitts has come to life and jones may look a different player in a 442 with this structure. When we are hanging onto leads he wins everything in the air and holds up the ball well. People are just very quick to use words like useless and shit (whittingham gets called it all the time) and it frustrates me, he may not be a regular starter under slide this year but mark my words he will be a very useful asset this year.
nubbsy

Postby Gavin » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:57 pm

I heard that RS first choice pairing after the correct level of fitness is achieved was to be Alfie and Maynard, obviously Macheda has stepped up the plate in the meantime.
Life passes most people by while they're making grand plans for it.
Gavin

Postby DandoCCFC » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:03 am

Imagine slating your top scorer, moronic fan base.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby sloper_road_legend » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:09 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Imagine slating your top scorer, moronic fan base.

Sometimes you have to read beetween the lines, every striker has his day, any championship striker can go through a hot streak.
what you need to assess is the impact it has on the whole team, we look a side without him, in the last two games we've been a team something we haven't for most of the previous games, even in the last half hour saturday him coming on was not in any way positive to our shape or effectiveness.
And it's been the same story for the most part, at times he works hard and causes problems but that's not a championship winning tactic and we want promotion

Theirs no doubting the type of player he is but in my opinion he's not a striker who will win you titles or fit in well in an attacking dominant style
sloper_road_legend

Postby DandoCCFC » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:59 pm

sloper_road_legend wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:Imagine slating your top scorer, moronic fan base.

Sometimes you have to read beetween the lines, every striker has his day, any championship striker can go through a hot streak.
what you need to assess is the impact it has on the whole team, we look a side without him, in the last two games we've been a team something we haven't for most of the previous games, even in the last half hour saturday him coming on was not in any way positive to our shape or effectiveness.
And it's been the same story for the most part, at times he works hard and causes problems but that's not a championship winning tactic and we want promotion

Theirs no doubting the type of player he is but in my opinion he's not a striker who will win you titles or fit in well in an attacking dominant style

He scored 5 goals in 2 months.. could easily get 15.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Return to General Chat