Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' £3,960 FINE '

Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:49 pm

Euro 2016: Uefa fines Wales over pitch invasion in Andorra

Monday 20th Oct 2014.

Uefa has fined the Football Association of Wales (FAW) £3,960 (5,000 euros) for the pitch invasion following Gareth Bale's late winner against Andorra last month.

The Andorran Football Federation has also been fined £7,920 (10,000 euros) for insufficient organisation inside the Estadi Nacional on 9 September.

Chris Coleman's side won 2-1 and are top of Group B after three games.
Wales' next game is away to Belgium on Sunday, 16 November.

The FAW has accepted the decision by Uefa, European football's governing body, after it was charged with a breach of article 16.2 (field invasion by supporters).
Under article six of Uefa's disciplinary regulations, there are a wide-range of possible punishments for a pitch invasion, including a warning, a fine and a points deduction.

Andorra were charged for breaches of articles 15.4 (improper conduct of the team) and 16.1 (organisation) of its disciplinary regulations.

Crowd problems broke out after the 81st-minute strike from Bale completed a Welsh turnaround.
The visitors went behind when Ildefons Lima converted a sixth minute penalty - Andorra's first goal in a competitive fixture since 2010.
A first-half header from Bale brought Chris Coleman's side level before he completed his brace after substitute George Williams was fouled 25 yards from goal.

The match was played on a 3G pitch, which Bale described as "the worst I have ever played on".

The artificial surface at Andorra's new national stadium had only been deemed suitable to stage the opening match of the Euro 2016 qualifying campaign six days earlier.

Wales have since beaten Cyprus 2-1 and drawn 0-0 with Bosnia-Hercegovina at the Cardiff City Stadium.

Re: ' £3,960 FINE '

Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:51 pm

What do they get for the horrible pitch and not getting their stadium done in time?

Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:36 pm

all goes into the uefa christmas party fund :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:54 pm

Crazy... I was there, they just couldn't stop the fans.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:12 pm

This always seems strange to me that the FAW are fined yet they have little or no influence over the fans.

It's a bit like fining the vicar if a marriage ends in divorce.

Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:50 am

Woodville Willie wrote:This always seems strange to me that the FAW are fined yet they have little or no influence over the fans.

It's a bit like fining the vicar if a marriage ends in divorce.

This is correct but it's a bit idiotic to run on the pitch these days!

Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:50 am

DandoCCFC wrote:What do they get for the horrible pitch and not getting their stadium done in time?

:thumbup: exactly!

Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:39 pm

Oh god! We're guna be skint now :roll: