Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Did Cardiff cheat?

Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:03 am

Had a look at the Forrest forum to get a take on what they thought of the game and noticed this thread about our use of the a towel to clean the ball when taking a long throw. A number of them seem to suggest that we went out to waste time using this tactic and that it was cheating when we refused to give their player a towel in the last few minutes of the game.

Personally I thought we were well within our rights to clean the ball and didnt think gunnarson took that long. When their player wanted a towel, first thing that came to my head was "why is he taking so long to find a towel, it's his time he's wasting".

Should we have supplied them with the towel, or was it cheating not giving them one straight away?

here is the link and some very bitter comments from them.

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=42390

It was irritating and towards the end time-wasting. Antonio quite rightly made a fuss near the end and a towel suddenly 'appeared' for him.

Antonio can deliver an excellent long throw - a completely understandable tactic with only minutes remaining. How was he to know that the towel wouldn't be immediately available for him as it should have been? Deliberate gamesmanship by Cardiff and the ref should have intervened and added on the time for their time wasting.

It's cheating, against the rules, contrary to the spirit of the game.
Whose job is it to ensure that a team doesn't benefit from the above?

The business with the towel was out if order. Massive delays and time wasting. Then to have no towel for us is just blatant cheating. Ref was out his depth and didn't deal with either. Thing is you need to be smart. The 9 3rd min was not the time to raise the issue. Same with Assombalonga who should've been dismissed. However ref was a disgrace. 0 out of 10.

Well, they've wasted time by not having the towel available for us like they did for themselves. That isn't fair and isn't correct.

What do people expect from those cheating Welsh fuckwits? They shouldn't even be playing in the English leagues.

Re: Did Cardiff cheat?

Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:07 am

I wouldn't give those scabs a dose let alone a towel. If they can't afford a towel with their millions there's something wrong.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:11 am

Bitter in defeat :sleepy2:

Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:31 am

No - the ref will add on extra time if he feels a team has been time wasting. The claims are nonsense.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:50 am

They are all just very bitter in defeat, it would have made no difference to the result!

Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:57 am

Dry your eyes Forest.... You can even lend our towel to do so! :laughing6:

Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:01 am

Gamesmanship, well done Slade do whatever it takes, I really like that !!!

f**k the FairPlay awards :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:11 am

No it was not cheating. No different to shortening the pitch or not cutting the grass.

Why would there be a towel there anyway?
The towel would have been requested by Cardiff at the end they are attacking, not in our defensive area.
If Florist wanted a towel they should have asked. It was the only time in the game they wanted one.

It is just an excuse and bad losers. Why didn't he use his shirt as Gunnar did earlier when they were slow getting him the towel?
He wasted almost a minute (with the incident later when Assombobongo threw the ball down and should have been sent off).
So they wasted the time not Cardiff.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:19 am

I think the general protocol is that if a towel is being used then it should be available for both teams......tough! :lol:

Who was really cheating? Us? Or Forest for kicking up a storm over nothing when they know they're beaten? Funny how they took a short throw after all the fuss...

Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:07 am

Well when he eventually took the throw after all the fuss it was only about 5 yards back.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:08 am

Did he throw it short after all that fuss ?

Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:33 am

The towel was there, it had just fallen behind the advertising board.
No cheating here.
End of story !

Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:37 am

From my point of view, I'd say tough! There's been away games in the past where Gunnarsson hasn't been able to use his long throw because the home team hid it.

But, I can see it from Forest's point of view. Although i'm pretty sure he could have gone straight to the bench to get a towel off one of the staff.

No big story here.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:43 am

The towel was there, it had just fallen behind the advertising board.
No cheating here.
End of story,

Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:59 am

All bollox!
I would have thought as said previously we would place a towel behind the ad boards at the end we are attacking.And at half time would then change them over to the other end. I cannot see why Forest couldn't do the same. ( Unless we've told our ball boys to nick them if they do! :thumbup: )If we put towels at both ends we are just helping the opposition,which we we are not obliged to do, and would be stupid if we did. f**k em I say :laughing6:

Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:13 pm

Forest should have been more p1ssed of with Gunnarsson's long throws all being foul throws. His feet were well over the line and the linesman didn't seem bothered in the slightest.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:18 pm

" Well, they've wasted time by not having the towel available for us like they did for themselves. That isn't fair and isn't correct."

What the f**k do they expect?, maybe they would have liked us to clean their boots at half time or valeted their coach for the return back to Nottingham!.

This is the worse case of sour grapes in defeat I have heard ,no dignity in defeat and no class. :thumbup:

Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:31 pm

Slades no fool, knows all the tricks players took an age to walk off the pitch when subbed also :ayatollah:

About time we were a bit smarter :ayatollah:

Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:55 pm

:shock: :lol:

Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:58 pm

image.jpg

:lol: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:28 pm

Don't think we're under any obligation to provide them with a towel. Don't they have any of their own?

Should we also provide them with their shirts, shorts and maybe some clean undies at half time?

Perhaps they should be having a go at their own coaching staff for not putting a towel at the end Forest were attacking in the second half?

Time wasting? Up to the referee to decide how much time to add on for time wasting I'm afraid Forest fans - our players had no control over that.

All in all - :wave: :wave: :wave:

Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:32 pm

Cheating? those dirty bastards cheated us out of our jobs in 1984/85, bitter? yes I am. Go and find your own towels, it's called planning not cheating.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:56 pm

" They shouldn't even be playing in the English leagues."

Wow that's a new one I've never heard an English team saying that before

:lol:

Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:27 pm

the towel was behind the hoarding, its just our ball boy didnt leap off his chair to bring it to him like he did with gunnarsson.

in any case, the player himself didnt even need the ball to be dried as he threw it short. total non story.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:47 pm

What a whining bunch of scabs :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wave:

Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:05 pm

image.jpg

:ayatollah: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:34 pm

It was irritating and towards the end time-wasting. Antonio quite rightly made a fuss near the end and a towel suddenly 'appeared' for him.

A towel didn't suddenly appear. It was a sweater from one of their staff.

Then he threw it short.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:49 pm

Towels were still visible on the Ninian side of the ground. All that fuss then he threw it short :laughing6:

Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:36 pm

They lost their first game and will go to find any excuse.

It's like when they come to the stadium, they supply the team and coaches with drinks such as lucozade and so on so they should bring their own towel. :thumbright:

Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:40 pm

Fair play that was a great read!, :laughing6: