Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE HONEYMOON IS OVER

Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:59 pm

Just landed at Heathrow, well done Cardiff a superb win, I see the Jacks have lost again.

After 3 games played the Jacks started to get a little carried away. Now it appears they are struggling, Newcastle and Stoke have now got results against them.

They are sinking faster than the Titanic.

Along with QPR and Burnley I really believe Swansea will be relegated.

I've said it before, but this time I am serious :D :D

Re: THE HONEYMOON IS OVER

Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Just landed at Heathrow, well done Cardiff a superb win, I see the Jacks have lost again.

After 3 games played the Jacks started to get a little carried away. Now it appears they are struggling, Newcastle and Stoke have now got results against them.

Agree annis they are on freefall qpr are going down

Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:10 pm

Probably far too soon to make any predictions about Swansea's season, but I said that they'd go down with Monk in charge and I bloody hope I get proven right.

Would stop my entire Swansea following family taking the piss out of me too :D

Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:12 pm

Wouldn't go that far to say they'll get relegated!

They are on a bad run, which every team in the premier league goes through, but they have a good squad and should stay up easily!

That said, it's nice seeing them struggle :D

Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:18 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Just landed at Heathrow, well done Cardiff a superb win, I see the Jacks have lost again.

i said before season started monk gone at xmas and they will struggle! if you listened to stoke players they changed way they approached swans 2nd half and nullified them with there subs, if they see it so do others i have said they are one dimentional dont have basically any subs to change game as keep playing swansea way!! :thumbup:

Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:27 pm

Not a chance of being relegated.

Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:29 pm

RFMH wrote:Not a chance of being relegated.

sorry always a chance didnt escape until late last season :thumbup:

Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:41 pm

They got lucky v Man Utd. Anyone can beat burnley. Monk is feeling the heat given his toys out of pram antics today. Fabianski is an average keeper. Rangel is past it. Taylor average. The Argie is struggling to settle.

They do have good players in bony, siggurdson and Williams. I don't think they'll go down as qpr, burnley and Sunderland are worse but they are bottom 6 at best.

Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:44 pm

Can't see it myself. I think they will finish mid table no problem

Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:00 pm

Mid table probably as long as they keep their key players fit. Lose the likes of Sigurdsson, Bony, Williams and routledge and they will be in trouble, but that seems unlikely. Fingers crossed it happens though ;)

Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:18 pm

If you keep saying it Annis you will be right eventually.

I'll make a charity bet with you they won't go down this year. Too much quality.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:43 am

Unfortunately I think there are def 2 cert this season, burnely and qpr leaving just one place. I doubt they will fill that as Sunderland or Leicester will. They will be close like last season but not close enough.....after the next home game mind they have a tough run coming up......

Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:07 am

Sorry Annis, can't see it myself! Their squad is stronger than last year

Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:15 am

Roathblue33 wrote:Can't see it myself. I think they will finish mid table no problem

I hate them but they played some superb stuff in the first half yesterday, got done with a very dodgy penalty when Stoke had run out of ideas, and while I hope thy go down, I don't think they will have any problem staying up.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:03 am

Wishful thinking as it would be nice to see them drop down. They have a better squad than last year and are a lot better than a good half dozen teams at least. Just can't see it myself.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:02 pm

The team is more than good enough to stay up, their problem may well be Monk?

Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:05 pm

as much as I want them to get relegated they are a decent side and there are worse teams in he prem than them

Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:06 pm

Valley Lad wrote:The team is more than good enough to stay up, their problem may well be Monk?

Yes think he could be weakest link! Pressure may get to him, :thumbup:

Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:10 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Valley Lad wrote:The team is more than good enough to stay up, their problem may well be Monk?

I have to agree with you both Allan,Monk could be their down fall. On twitter it looks like I have upset a few Jacks :lol:

Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:46 pm

Monk was crying, it's not fair, he's chaeting the refs don't give us anything :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

It was feckin hysterical :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:55 pm

Bluebina wrote:

Monk was crying, it's not fair, he's chaeting the refs don't give us anything :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

It was feckin hysterical :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

:laughing6: :laughing6: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I have to agree with you both Allan,Monk could be their down fall. On twitter it looks like I have upset a few Jacks :lol:

as you know annis i stated he will be gone at xmas at begining of season. :thumbup:
Last edited by pembroke allan on Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:45 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
RFMH wrote:Not a chance of being relegated.

sorry always a chance didnt escape until late last season :thumbup:

Still escaped comfortably. As much as I want them to crash and burn my head tells me differently, they got too much quality in that side and they've done it for a few years now.

Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:52 pm

Why are we laughing at the jacks? It's embarrassing when those that do. :geek:

Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:33 am

KWest wrote:Probably far too soon to make any predictions about Swansea's season, but I said that they'd go down with Monk in charge and I bloody hope I get proven right.

Monk was/is always a "stop-gap" manager in my eyes, because he "knew" the squad and the Swansea philosophy that Huw Edwards tries to instil ;)

However, THIS season it is all down to him to buy, gel, select and motivate his team/squad for their promised assault on a Champions League place and after a bit of a 'jump start' he and his team are being found out...and I loves it, I does! :lol:

The way I look at it is that what Swansea have (creditably) achieved is simply unsustainable in the longer term and once their (even more creditable) benefactor, Huw Edwards walks away (considerably richer than when he arrived) there will be a return to the status quo :D

Tip: For Swansea Town FC c.2014/15 read Wimbledon FC c.1987/88 and look where they ended up! :thumbup:

Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:26 am

I think it's just wishful thinking by those who think the gypo's will get relegated this season.
Can't see it happening at all.

Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:52 pm

Sven wrote:
KWest wrote:Probably far too soon to make any predictions about Swansea's season, but I said that they'd go down with Monk in charge and I bloody hope I get proven right.

Monk was/is always a "stop-gap" manager in my eyes, because he "knew" the squad and the Swansea philosophy that Huw Edwards tries to instil ;)

However, THIS season it is all down to him to buy, gel, select and motivate his team/squad for their promised assault on a Champions League place and after a bit of a 'jump start' he and his team are being found out...and I loves it, I does! :lol:

The way I look at it is that what Swansea have (creditably) achieved is simply unsustainable in the longer term and once their (even more creditable) benefactor, Huw Edwards walks away (considerably richer than when he arrived) there will be a return to the status quo :D

Tip: For Swansea Town FC c.2014/15 read Wimbledon FC c.1987/88 and look where they ended up! :thumbup:

Said long time ago that you can only be lucky so many times by changing managers so often, there are only so many managers with same philosophy , also way they buy players with Jenkins having say who manager can buy did it with laudrup ect. eventually it will go wrong always does! :laughing6:

Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:18 pm

Annis. Please can you predict that we wont win the double and then go on and win the Champions league? At the moment there is no chance of that actually happening, but with your predictions, well who knows eh! :laughing6:

Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:20 pm

64JACK wrote:

Annis. Please can you predict that we wont win the double and then go on and win the Champions league? At the moment there is no chance of that actually happening, but with your predictions, well who knows eh! :laughing6:

:lol:

Ive just admitted on twitter ive got it wrong again :lol: :thumbright:

So next season, I guarantee you will stay up :lol:

Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
64JACK wrote:

:lol:

Ive just admitted on twitter ive got it wrong again :lol: :thumbright:

So next season, I guarantee you will stay up :lol:

NO! PLEASE! :shock: