Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I wonder if Jordon Mutch...

Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:49 pm

I wonder if he has any regrets about joining QPR to stay in the PL? Let's be honest, they're certs to go down on their current form (unless they do a Palace), and when you think of Cardiff in the Prem this time last year, we were doing way better with a less experienced manager...

Re: I wonder if Jordon Mutch...

Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:58 pm

Matt D wrote:I wonder if he has any regrets about joining QPR to stay in the PL? Let's be honest, they're certs to go down on their current form (unless they do a Palace), and when you think of Cardiff in the Prem this time last year, we were doing way better with a less experienced manager...

Maybe not Mutch, he wanted to play in the PL and its not like there was a long list of top clubs that were trying to sign him. QPR was pretty much it.
Caulker though, could have gone to a better club and spared himself the misery of being in a relegation battle yet again.

Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:42 pm

LonCar wrote:
Matt D wrote:I wonder if he has any regrets about joining QPR to stay in the PL? Let's be honest, they're certs to go down on their current form (unless they do a Palace), and when you think of Cardiff in the Prem this time last year, we were doing way better with a less experienced manager...

Maybe not Mutch, he wanted to play in the PL and its not like there was a long list of top clubs that were trying to sign him. QPR was pretty much it.
Caulker though, could have gone to a better club and spared himself the misery of being in a relegation battle yet again.

Caulker was a match winner today ;) :lol:

Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:31 pm

Mutch been injured most of the season so far, good bit of business selling him IMO.

Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:42 pm

Suppose he can always sign for another promoted team ffom the champuonship next summer, same as caulker and campbell lol

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:54 am

mr'mogreenz wrote:Suppose he can always sign for another promoted team ffom the champuonship next summer, same as caulker and campbell lol

:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:57 am

there are good players at QPR, they are probably capable of finishing 15th-12th if they play to their full potential.

plus they are a london club, and he'll be earning more money, whereas we languish in mid table.

if he would have backed himself he could have gone on a free transfer and earned even more money, but theres no guarantee the same clubs would have come calling.

Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:01 am

griff105 wrote:
LonCar wrote:

Caulker was a match winner today ;) :lol:

Hurtful. But funny. :laughing6:

Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:19 pm

We done the right thing cashing in.. we did spend a million or so on him so profit on him for what I thought was nothing short of based on his goals.