Postby troobloo3339 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:12 pm

sorry to piss on your chips
but imo it was the same old Cardiff city
first half played well just like the Norwich game
second half sat back and invited them to attack us just as we usually do
no pressing and too deep just waiting for them to get back in the game
slades decision to put no one at fullback nearly cost us
how many clear cut chances did we actually create
second half we could not hold on to the ball or put more than two passes together
and lets not forget or be surprised at being 2 up with this team/squad on paper probably the best in this league
but we keep on letting teams back in the game due to playing too deep
however looking at our next few fixtures we can get back on track if we can put it together for 90 miutes and not just 45 minutes
next up Ipswich home millwall away leeds home Bolton away Birmingham away and reading home these games look very winnable to me so lets hope weve turned the corner :bluescarf:
troobloo3339

no real change

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: no real change

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:50 pm

Several people saying similar things! But got to say vast improvement overall, stats wise we were equal if not better than forest! No pleasing some people. :old:
pembroke allan

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:56 pm

The main change i saw today was - We left a player up top,when defending a corner - not done under MM & OLE .
TopCat CCFC

Postby City Slicker » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:59 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Several people saying similar things! But got to say vast improvement overall, stats wise we were equal if not better than forest! No pleasing some people. :old:

Good points but Forest were very very poor today. Obviously a good team, their results so far have proven that but very sub srandard today. We are sure to meet stronger opposition as the season progresses
City Slicker

Postby City Slicker » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:03 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Several people saying similar things! But got to say vast improvement overall, stats wise we were equal if not better than forest! No pleasing some people. :old:

Good points but Forest were very very poor today. Obviously a good team, their results so far have proven that but very sub srandard today. We are sure to meet stronger opposition as the season progresses
City Slicker

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:24 pm

Forest are not a poor team, they didn't look great today because we played well and made it difficult for them.

I also totally disagree, I thought today was totally different to how we played under ole. Noone to left back not the best decision but we were unlucky with the injury before that.
2blue2handle

Postby smakerzthebluebird » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:54 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Forest are not a poor team, they didn't look great today because we played well and made it difficult for them.

I also totally disagree, I thought today was totally different to how we played under ole. Noone to left back not the best decision but we were unlucky with the injury before that.

Exactly forced subs didn't help and Declan John also ha a thigh strain think some people should read and understand te facts before they comment didn't have much option but to chuck noone there
Founder of the forum whopper thread! Don't talk bollocks or you'll be added to the thread!!
smakerzthebluebird

Postby stuey1965 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:13 pm

Declan John had complained about being ill before the game,they got too deep because they had enforced changes
stuey1965

Postby Bluebird1983 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:23 pm

People need to wake up best they played in a long time all looked happy an in good spirits onwards an upwards negativity must stop
Bluebird1983

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:43 pm

Bluebird1983 wrote:People need to wake up best they played in a long time all looked happy an in good spirits onwards an upwards negativity must stop

Agree but it's not just this, the whole structure was much better yesterday.
Anybody that can't seen the difference & thinks there was no real change must be blind or not understand football at all.
There was a structure & a pattern. We pressed & played higher up the pitch when we were up against it later in the second half whilst against Norwich we camped out on our 18 yard box.
Whitts played a lot higher up & had probably his best game of the season.
Gunnarsson played in his correct position & was much better.
We had a lot more commitment & determination.
There was a huge difference yesterday.
The only question is - can we keep it up & improve? Let's hope so.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Welsh Exile » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:26 pm

Have to disagree with the OP
The difference came about on 60 minutes, gunner injured and on came TA to only get injured himself within 3 minutes, due to this and the Fabio and John incidents in the warm up we were forced to play a few out of position.
Slade or anyone else could not have prepared for 4 of the match day squad to get injured on the day.
IMO they played so much better as a unit up until 60 minutes against a good side, of which we pressed out of the game, then after the subs around 65 minutes they all showed a glimps of a character/spirit that we haven't seen in a while which was equally as rewarding.

It wasn't the best but it was a start in the right direction which surely is encouraging.
Welsh Exile

Postby Barry Chuckle » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:49 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Forest are not a poor team, they didn't look great today because we played well and made it difficult for them.

Spot on. It was totally different.
Barry Chuckle

Postby Blue Legend » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:57 pm

Bluebird1983 wrote:People need to wake up best they played in a long time all looked happy an in good spirits onwards an upwards negativity must stop

There's no pleasing some people. Looking at various comments on the board you might think we had just lost to bottom of the table Blackpool and not just beaten top of the table Forest :sad7:

Anyway its just one game but there were a lot of positives. We controlled possession first half and passed the ball quicker and more accurately. We had a better shape to our team even though the majority of players remained the same. 2 strikers made a difference because our midfield actually had players to pass to ahead of them instead of hoofing to Kenny. Leaving a striker up-field on opposition corners gave us an option when clearing the corner for a change. :thumbright:

Yes we sat back after the substitutions and allowed Forest to get on top but we defended well and retained our shape. Previously we would have capitulated into another shambolic defeat, as shown versus Norwich but we didn't, and that's a corner turned in my opinion.
I don't care about Vincent,
He don't care about me.
All I care about is CCFC......
Blue Legend

Postby piledriver64 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:58 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:

Spot on. It was totally different.

Yep, we made them look ordinary because we pressed and kept our shape.

So we beat the 2nd placed, unbeaten team and still that's "no real change" and not good enough :shock:

It doesn't make our season, nor does it mean we'll be promoted, but it is certainly an improvement and the organisation and shape showed enough to suggest some cause for optimism :ayatollah:
piledriver64

Postby eighty_8 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:02 pm

No real change?!
I saw one, a big one and that was getting three points and deserving them
BLUEBIRDS
eighty_8

Postby troobloo3339 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:56 am

but my point cannot be denied we backed off and let them have easy possession just like we have been doing all season :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
troobloo3339

Postby piledriver64 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:59 am

troobloo3339 wrote:but my point cannot be denied we backed off and let them have easy possession just like we have been doing all season :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

The difference this time being that any sitting back was as a result of being knackered due to the effort put in which is something that hasn't been the case previously this season. Considering all the unexpected changes we also had to cope with we did pretty well.
piledriver64

Postby Barry Chuckle » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:04 am

troobloo3339 wrote:but my point cannot be denied we backed off and let them have easy possession just like we have been doing all season :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Nothing to do with the fact that we had players playing in unfamiliar positions due to unfortunate injures and subs. :roll:
Barry Chuckle

Postby Depressed Blue » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:16 am

That was the most organised, enjoyable game of football I've seen cardiff play for about 9 months.

Give me that over Oles long ball, clueless football any day.
Depressed Blue

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:16 am

A top team like Forest are always going to come back at us. You can't expect us to control the game for 90 minutes on the front foot ffs.
We didn't camp out on our 18 yard box as per the Norwich game looking completely knackered!
Your point is nonsense. This was not the same old Cardiff City - there was a huge difference on Saturday to the previous games in so many aspects.
The question is can we repeat it again & again whilst also improving?
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby krabb » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:14 pm

i dont like stats,but a very much improved performance by city and deserved the 3 points. :ayatollah:
krabb

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:48 am

No Real Change??!! LOL ............. :lol: :lol: :lol: :bluescarf:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Return to General Chat