Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' TUESDAY OCTOBER 14th 2014 UPDATE CCFC '

Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:08 pm

Early September Ole Gunnar Solskjaer moved into a new home in the Vale of Glamorgan, previously he had been staying in an apartment at the Vale resort. Ole's children had started in a new school in September and one of his son's were in our academy.

Up to Friday September 12th Ole was going about his job as normal, he was respected hugely by the academy staff and loved by the kids, Solskjaer would spend hours down the training ground with the academy staff and youngsters, taking his time to speak with them.

A few academy coaches have said that Ole was a total opposite to Malky as far as the acdemy was concerned, Malky didn't show anywhere near the level of interest hardly for those involved from the kids to the coaches but Ole would make it his business to get to know those involved, some of the coaches genuinely believed Ole would turn the results around and be successful.

On Thursday September 18th the acdemy coaches had a massive shock, they were called in and told to go straight down the Vale and take the training of the senior squad, these coaches had been training the academy kids up to this point and never dealt with multi million pound players before.

It was explained today that when they entered the training ground dressing room they were confronted with a squad who were "dejected, shocked and glum", the players were as shocked as the coaches by what was happening.

These 5 academy coaches had the job of lifting moral, motivating the players after Ole was given his orders.

The club wasn't prepared for the wipe out of a manager and 7 other coaches at first team level, the academy coaches who were the 'experienced' ones were rapidly moved into coaching the first team who had no experience at this level and the junior coaching members of the academy took over the coaching of the academy kids.

With Scott Young and Danny Gabbidon leadng the way, the coaches had to turn the chaos on its head and lift the players through a turbulent time.

A few will question did Ole walk or was he sacked? Ole had just bedded his family in to a new life and right up to the Norwich and Middlesbrough games there was no inkling of his impending departure.

Vincent Tan received reports on the players fitness levels and as a result I understand it was Tan who instructed that the players receive more training to improve their fitness so that's where the double training sessions came from.

Tan now believes that having seen two managers before Ole leave and their coaches leave as a result, Tan is insistent that the club choose the coaches and not the manager so that if the manager does leave for whatever reason then the coaches remain as they are chosen by the club's hierarchy and not the manager. Maybe 4 years too late but better late than never I believe.

Kevin Nugent has been offered a contract to become an assistant manager to Russell Slade but Nugent is not interested in signing on the terms offered.

Tony Pulis 'agent on two occasions made contact with the club but had Pulis had no interview, apparently Pulis was very disappointed at not having the opportunity to speak to the club.

Neil Lennon was another whose agent expressed an interest in the then vacant managers position but we didn't give him the benefit of an interview either. Vincent Tan already had his target in mind and the names that come forward didn't matter, it was Russell Slade and no-one else for Tan.

We weren't the only club who declined Lennon, Southampton, Crystal Palace, Leeds and Norwich were other clubs who Lennon's agent contacted after he left Celtic.

Due to current success of the Welsh games being played at the CCS, the FAW are in talks with Cardiff City officials on a deal to play future matches at our stadium.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=149282 :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: ' TUESDAY OCTOBER 14th 2014 UPDATE '

Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:26 pm

Cheers Carl!

Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:35 pm

Cheers Carl, I'm glad Tan has stopped any future clear outs by all our back room staff, but its taking him over 4 years for him to realise :shock:

Were going to need more than just Scott Young with Russell Slade in my opinion.
I'm not for Nugent and I gather Tan is not either(Bloody hell I agree with him :lol: ) nor do Orient Fans.

Ole was loved by the staff and many fans, i really liked him as a person, thats why he lasted so long,for me he should of gone in May.

Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:38 pm

12 months ago we had similar feeling amongst the staff before the Malky sacking. It seems to me the club have no direction regarding running itself.

Re: ' TUESDAY OCTOBER 14th 2014 UPDATE CCFC '

Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:08 pm

Russell Slade has got a hell of a task ahead of him and he will need City fans to have a lot of patience and I mean a lot of patience, if we make the top 6 under him, he will deserve a medal in my opinion as to manage our club seems to be quite impossible.

I certainly will never turn on him at matches if it all goes wrong, Good Luck Slade :thumbright: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:22 pm

f**k it russel slades barmy army

Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:23 pm

CCFCdrew wrote:f**k it russel slades barmy army

Thats the Spirit weve got to have and give him a chance :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Thats the Spirit weve got to have and give him a chance :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I honestly believe this guy will work wonders for us but he needs a lot of time and patience after the mess solskjaer left us in, I think only now it's becoming apparent just how bad things got, hopefully slade will stick with a solid 5/7 players to get the squad firing and will offload a lot of deadwood which we have in abundance at the minute and all on very high wages

If slade is the motivator and man manager we are led to believe he is then things can only get better looking forward to forest Saturday to see if any changes have occurred although in fairness most of our first team are out on international dity

Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Players upset and dejected when Ole left as they were having it easy on the training pitch by the look of it Annis, Hope everyone gives Slade a chance including Mr Tan lol.

Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:04 pm

Oh dear, does anyone not see that we need a better coach/assistant manager than Scott young? if VT is picking the coach who has nothing to do with Sladey, then boy are we in trouble :thumbup:

Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:13 pm

Great to have the updates back :thumbup:

Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:33 pm

griff105 wrote:Great to have the updates back :thumbup:

^^^^THIS^^^^^ :thumbup: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :notworthy:

Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:02 am

Just suppose results don't go our way..... Will he get the backing off all the fans?.

I'm not sure what to make of this.. Lots hope we do turn results around.... We made an Imidiate change when results were poor... What if the results stay poor? We may as well have stayed with ole...

If u sack someone for under performing and expect an immediate return on your new appointment then u need someone who has a proven track record at doing that.. It win don't manage single win in our next 4 or 5 games it will be seen as the wrong appointment...... Tough job this for slade... If we don't beat forest so be it, but as long as we can see commitment from the players and a change in approach and attitude to the game.. I wouldn't want to be in slides shoes though for one minute...

I hope city haven't made a huge mistake and that slade can really bond this team.because I personally think we don't have that much time if we don't want to get sucked into another relegation battle... We don't have the fight for it....

Huge gamble ............... Will it pay off??.

Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:22 am

Good post I totally agree!! Slade is probably a very nice guy but a top Championship manager he is not. The club has gone for the Premier League to an amateurish laughing stock when managers with the calibre of Lennon & Pulis are not even interviewed

Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:48 am

Apols for the bad grammar above! Multi tasking!

I have to agree Chris, I'm still baffled even today by the appointment but we have to give him a chance! I'm just worried as to how long a chance he will be given though if we go from
Bad to worse I don't know.....

I'm also worried by our background staff! We should really be looking at a top number 2 to help slade! But then could we have a number 2 earning more wages than the manager??? For what we are paying slade we are not going to attract much of a coaching team!

Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:51 am

griff105 wrote:Great to have the updates back :thumbup:

Nah, they're rubbish.

Much prefer that Staff bloke. He really had his finger on the pulse.

Anyone know where he's gone?

:thumbup:

;)

Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:38 am

Forever Blue wrote:

I agree with this. Poor bloke. Might as well stick one of us in charge

Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:13 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:Apols for the bad grammar above! Multi tasking!

I have to agree Chris, I'm still baffled even today by the appointment but we have to give him a chance! I'm just worried as to how long a chance he will be given though if we go from
Bad to worse I don't know.....

I'm also worried by our background staff! We should really be looking at a top number 2 to help slade! But then could we have a number 2 earning more wages than the manager??? For what we are paying slade we are not going to attract much of a coaching team!

I don't see that as a necessity with Slade who is long enough in the tooth to look after a team himself with some help, but with hindsight it was folly to appoint OGS without an experienced no 2.

I do agree that Young is nowhere near experienced or indeed good enough to be a no2 at this level.

Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:38 am

DannyboyBluebirds wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Danny,I honestly do fear for City and even Russell Slade.

Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:47 am

Forever Blue wrote:
DannyboyBluebirds wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

The update makes it clear that even at training level it is tan calling the shots. That for me is worrying

Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:51 am

DannyboyBluebirds wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
DannyboyBluebirds wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

The update makes it clear that even at training level it is tan calling the shots. That for me is worrying

Danny, Thats why Tan chose Slade, not Pulis,Houghton,Lennon etc etc

Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:16 pm

Carl Dont forget Slade was not Tans first choice, Paul Hartley from Dundee, who turned Tan down without hesitation.

Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:47 pm

Jules wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Players upset and dejected when Ole left as they were having it easy on the training pitch by the look of it Annis, Hope everyone gives Slade a chance including Mr Tan lol.

I am pretty sure the players have ambitions as sportsmen and only want to become as good as they can. No? You donĀ“t think so?

Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:51 pm

Cheers Carl :bluescarf: