Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' The 7 Players that could be on their way out of CCFC '

Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:09 pm

' The Players that could be on their way out of CCFC '

" 7 Cardiff City Players "

The players that could leave: Juan Cala, Kim Bo-Kyung, Magnus Eikrem, Guido Burgstaller, Kadeem Harris, Javi Guerra, Etien Velikonja.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=149103 :ayatollah:

Remember though they will be on high wages, So City will have to take a loss once again.

Re: ' The Players that could be on their way out of CCFC '

Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:16 pm

Kimbo could have been class ..... dunno what went wrong ?

Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:17 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:Kimbo could have been class ..... dunno what went wrong ?

Martyn, I always thought Kimbo would make it big time, I honestly dont know what went wrong??

Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:17 pm

Harris - the guy does so well in development... Would be great if he was given a chance - we are crying for pace on wings!

Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:20 pm

In the second half of the promotion season Kimbo stood out. I tuly thought he'd be gone by Christmas.
He did go but not to a premier league team. Just went!

One of the most baffling drops in form in years.

We need to invrease the tempo and losing players is the only way. Tough choices for Russel.
Nice position to be in though compared to malky taking over a squad of seven or whatever it was!

Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:29 pm

I would be surprised if Kadeem was on his way out. Although we have lacked pace at various stages throughout the past year or two he has not been given an opportunity.

Presumably he has not shown up well for the Development Team which is contrary to what is reported. I have watched the Development team, but not on a regular basis so I cannot give an opinion on how good he has been other than the little I have seen and the good reports. Still surprised if he goes. Although a little lightweight I thought that Kimbo would have been snapped up by a 'bigger club'.

Re: ' The 7 Players that could be on their way out of CCFC '

Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:48 pm

Harris we should keep and surly Burgstaller is better than whitts at cm? Madness

Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:17 pm

Keep Harris and Burgstaller and give Both a chance tey both awesome players IMO!

Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:17 pm

Keep Harris and Burgstaller and give Both a chance tey both awesome players IMO!

Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:28 pm

I hope this is wrong.

My 7 players to get rid of would be:-

Cala
S Morrisson
Whittingham
Velikonja
Maynard
Eikrem
John

Oh and Digkachoi unless he gets fit fast!

Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:44 pm

You can't judge any of those players until they've had a couple of months under a decent manager.

Obviously Solskjaer had absolutely no clue so who knows how that affected all the new players and frankly the old ones too.

All I'll say about Solskjaer is he was worse than has come out yet on here.

Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:59 pm

Damned Yank wrote:You can't judge any of those players until they've had a couple of months under a decent manager.

Obviously Solskjaer had absolutely no clue so who knows how that affected all the new players and frankly the old ones too.

All I'll say about Solskjaer is he was worse than has come out yet on here.

How could he be worse than being an absolute disaster for the club?!

Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:05 pm

Maynard COULD be out Connelly COULD what nonsense that's now 9 COULD leave all guesswork again

Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:25 pm

There's about 20 that could go. We need to start again. We are years away from challenging again.

Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:02 pm

I'd laugh if slade sees something in velikonja and he becomes a massive player for us, he's got great finishing as been shown in development squad maybe slade will give him the chance that he wants

Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:20 pm

The squad needs pruning. That's for certain. It's who to lose is the issue. I share the disappointment re. Kimbo but could the new boss see something in him?? You never know because his potential was huge on arrival. Maybe a change in management will give him a new vigour.

The one I would definitely ship out is Cala for the good of the club. I've heard strong rumours that he can be a negative influence in the dressing room. No time for that sorry if it's true.

The main problem is that the squad is strong. Everyone was saying that before the season started. I don't envy Slade in his decisions but he seems to have a firm idea of what he wants. :thumbup:

:bluescarf:

Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:29 pm

Nicky Maynard would be on my list to go.

I would like Joe Mason to come back :thumbright:

Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:50 pm

I agree Maynard can go.

Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:35 pm

Guerra, Harris and Burgstaller should stay IMO.

Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:39 pm

Guerra has hardly had a sniff, no wonder he is pissed off :bluescarf:

Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:40 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:Guerra has hardly had a sniff, no wonder he is pissed off :bluescarf:

Simon, Totally agree and hie Quality :thumbright:

Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:50 pm

Scored goals in the Spanish top league last year, but our former Norwegian tactician decided not good enough to play in the English second tier :oops:

Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Nicky Maynard would be on my list to go.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:07 pm

Always thought our squad was far too large on the basis that a player is liable psychology to think he may have no chance of first team football when he has 2 or even 3 players available in his position.
Thus the carrot being to give him the appetite and belief by allowing him to vie for an accessible opportunity to make the starting Eleven which in my opinion would give that player the chance to flourish.
Two talented players for each position should provide a good balance in squad terms.

Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:11 pm

T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY wrote:Always thought our squad was far too large on the basis that a player is liable psychology to think he may have no chance of first team football when he has 2 or even 3 players available in his position.
Thus the carrot being to give him the appetite and belief by allowing him to vie for an accessible opportunity to make the starting Eleven which in my opinion would give that player the chance to flourish.
Two talented players for each position should provide a good balance in squad terms.

agreed, no planning has been given at all to the squad....5 strikers for 1 position is barmy

Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:22 pm

Keep Eikrem, better Whittingham. Keep Burgstaller

Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:22 pm

ThomasC wrote:
T-G-I-ROBINFRIDAY wrote:Always thought our squad was far too large on the basis that a player is liable psychology to think he may have no chance of first team football when he has 2 or even 3 players available in his position.

agreed, no planning has been given at all to the squad....5 strikers for 1 position is barmy

Yep and also a waste of money.

Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:33 pm

Watch someone come along and say Jones should go, shocks me how our fans can knock him
so far :roll:

Players which should leave IMO:

Burgstaller
Maynard
Velikonja
Eikrem
Kim
John
Cala

Then loans for:

Harris
Ralls

Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:' The Players that could be on their way out of CCFC '

" 7 Cardiff City Players "

The players that could leave: Juan Cala, Kim Bo-Kyung, Magnus Eikrem, Guido Burgstaller, Kadeem Harris, Javi Guerra, Etien Velikonja.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=149103 :ayatollah:

Remember though they will be on high wages, So City will have to take a loss once again.

I would keep Harris, as for the 2 Spanish players I believe they want out and I also think Kimbo is happy just to pick up his salary.

Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:38 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Nicky Maynard would be on my list to go.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Agree :thumbup: