Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' CCFC MINI UPDATE TUESDAY 7TH OCTOBER 2014 '

Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:02 pm

Those of you who read or viewed the press conference with Russell Slade, there is something that impressed the waiting media and it is that Slade never avoids one question, whatever question is posed to him he answers everything.

What was said today is that Slade may come across as a nice guy and approachable but when he needs to be he is tough and a no nonsense type of manager, it was a point that was strongly explained to me and I believe that is the type of manager we need at this time.

Scott Young has been offered a position to work alongside Russell Slade and he is wanted by Slade but the reason I am told it has not been announced is Young is looking over the contract on offer, Young would come away from working with the U18's which he was happy doing and this is a big step for his career and he most definitely wants the job but it is a big decision that he wants to make sure he gets right for him and his family.

Slade had a one to one meeting with David Marshall which was then followed by a positive meeting with the whole squad to discuss moving forward after recent events.

The Two Spaniard's, Cala and Guerra, it is being said that both will be shipped out unless there is a major change of attitude of attitude, apparently they are both unhappy at the club.

It is true that Vincent Tan asked Scott Young and Gabbidon to play Cala in the Bournemouth game as there were scouts there to watch Cala, I believe this has already been said previously.

Slade has been promised by Vincent Tan that there will be no pressure this season and even if there is no promotion his job will not be the line according to Tan, but Tan is hopeful of a top six finish.

The company that laid the pitch at Cardiff City Stadium once applied to lay the pitch at the Millenium Stadium but we're not given the contract, there has now been a new pitch laid at the National Stadium by this company and the pitch at our stadium has played a major factor, it is that good.

Re: ' CCFC MINI UPDATE '

Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:10 pm

The two Spaniards will be no great loss. If there were scouts watching Cala at the Bournemouth game, they would have been as appalled as the rest of us.

Otherwise, all very positive :thumbup: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:11 pm

Will be a bit disappointed if Guerra leaves, not really had a fair crack of the whip imo.

Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:14 pm

Not staff tonight then carl lol if players are not happy get rid of them

Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:17 pm

wez1927 wrote:Not staff tonight then carl lol if players are not happy get rid of them

Probably not happy as not playing.

Would like Guerra at least to be given another crack, up front with Kenwyne maybe.

Cala has been really unlucky, since Sunderland he's not had a real look in, and thrown in rusty for the cup game with scouts there, alongside Danny (I haven't played for 9 months) G. Not the greatest move by Tan !

Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:22 pm

I think we need to get rid of a few wage packets anyhow!! It's sensible for VT not to put any pressure on Slade, lets hope he can shape our players up :thumbright:

Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:22 pm

wez1927 wrote:Not staff tonight then carl lol if players are not happy get rid of them

I can if you want me to be Wez, if it floats your boat :lol:

Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:24 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:Will be a bit disappointed if Guerra leaves, not really had a fair crack of the whip imo.

I would like to see more of Guerra as the little we have seen looks good apart from the Bournemouth game.

I do wonder if the unhappy Guerra came after that game or before but whichever it is then earn your corn or get out is my view.

Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:32 pm

Guerra and Cala are both signings by Tan, Manga was another, the other is obviously Velikonja.

Hopefully Tan will look at these failed signings and realise that he is best off ignoring his Malaysian advisers.

Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:33 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:Will be a bit disappointed if Guerra leaves, not really had a fair crack of the whip imo.

I hope he WAS unhappy before the Bournemouth game because he looked seriously disinterested. I don't mind players having off days but I expect them to make it look like they are trying at least.

Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:43 pm

Guerra is a class act and he may look disinterested because he has not had a look in. When he came on against Huddersfield he was by far the best player on the pitch.

This season he has had the following league game time:

Huddersfield - 22 mins

Wigan - 2 mins

Boro - 17 mins.

In total he has played 41 minutes which I find amazing. It has to be bad management when your best striker plays 41 minutes out of 11 games!

Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:47 pm

Gavin wrote:Guerra and Cala are both signings by Tan, Manga was another, the other is obviously Velikonja.

Hopefully Tan will look at these failed signings and realise that he is best off ignoring his Malaysian advisers.

I wouldn't call Manga a failed signing....to be honest he's probably our best centre half right now !!

Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:48 pm

"The two Spaniards will be no great loss. If there were scouts watching Cala at the Bournemouth game, they would have been as appalled as the rest of us." ??????

Pardon? Neither have been given a chance at CCFC. Guerra is the best attacking passer of the ball whilst Cala the most composed defender who should have been in midfield all season based on the Whittingham plus one has not worked. Let us not forget that Cala had the impossible job of playing alongside Gabbs (who had a mare) against Bournemouth. That neither have played so little says more about the manager than the players.

StT.

Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:54 pm

Guerra for me is a quality player and I would like to see him be given a chance :thumbright:

Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:55 pm

citygardens73 wrote:
Gavin wrote:Guerra and Cala are both signings by Tan, Manga was another, the other is obviously Velikonja.

I wouldn't call Manga a failed signing....to be honest he's probably our best centre half right now !!

Sorry I didn't mean to imply that, just that he was one of Tan's boys

Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:57 pm

They are Gavin and Tan has always had a put in,when it comes to signing our foreign player, but I do rate Guerra.

Manga looks good.

Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:59 pm

Dalman definitely signed Manga, Solskjaer signed Cala and Guerra, Tan only signed Velikonja :thumbup:

Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:59 pm

I thought guerra may have had other problems. He's obviously a decent player but standard city fans moaning constantly when they don't consider the bigger picture

Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Guerra for me is a quality player and I would like to see him be given a chance :thumbright:

Yes, No denying his class, Would like to see him start as a striker at least once. :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:02 pm

Kanester wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Guerra for me is a quality player and I would like to see him be given a chance :thumbright:

Yes, No denying his class, Would like to see him start as a striker at least once. :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

So would I :thumbright: :thumbright:

Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:04 pm

Cardiffcitymad wrote:

Dalman definitely signed Manga, Solskjaer signed Cala and Guerra, Tan only signed Velikonja :thumbup:

Malky signed velikonja and that's a fact ,or is malky a lier lol

Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:06 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Cardiffcitymad wrote:

Malky signed velikonja and that's a fact ,or is malky a lier lol

Did he text his contract to him ? :lol:

Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:07 pm

Squad is too big. Players cant get a decent run and that is bound to effect performances and morale.

Slade needs to make the choice and stick with it. :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:09 pm

griff105 wrote:Squad is too big. Players cant get a decent run and that is bound to effect performances and morale.

Slade needs to make the choice and stick with it. :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Exactly I how I see it :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:19 pm

Slade has been promised by Tan there will be no pressure this season,yeah OK :roll:

Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:19 pm

I think the sheer size of the squad as actually set us back this season. That has to be down to Zole for bringing in so. Any and not shipping enough out. Look at the number of players used this season.

There has been no consistency and hence I am sure many are not happy. Some have not been given a fair crack at the whip!
Some have been Ole's favourites whilst others have been ignored. Too much chopping and changing.

Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:43 pm

Did Carlos get a text with all of this information, perhaps from 'Staff' :laughing6:

Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:52 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Guerra is a class act and he may look disinterested because he has not had a look in. When he came on against Huddersfield he was by far the best player on the pitch.

Huddersfield - 22 mins

Wigan - 2 mins

Boro - 17 mins.

In total he has played 41 minutes which I find amazing. It has to be bad management when your best striker plays 41 minutes out of 11 games!

Great post! :thumbup:

Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:31 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:
Guerra is a class act and he may look disinterested because he has not had a look in. When he came on against Huddersfield he was by far the best player on the pitch.

Huddersfield - 22 mins

Wigan - 2 mins

Boro - 17 mins.

Absolutely spot on. Guerra looks very impressive in the short time he's been given. :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:39 am

Guerra is obviously no mug looking at his history and I hope he's given a chance but could it be his head isn't right. Didn't He sign for us when we still had a fighting chance of staying up. If it was he might not just fancy the championship. I'm not saying this is the case but ole and Scott and gabbs both gave him limited time on the pitch. Well soon see under slade I suppose.