Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' MORE WORRIES FOR BLACKPOOL ON & OFF THE PITCH '

Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:23 pm

Blackpool's injury problems are once again mounting up as the side propping up the Sky Bet Championship welcome Cardiff to Bloomfield Road and Blackpool fans are intending to protest and walk out during the game.

Thursday 09/10/14.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=148738 :thumbright: :thumbright:

'Jose Riga: Has injury problems to contend with and Blackpool fans are to turn their back on their club.

Blackpool fans intend to walk out on the 54th minute of the game, while many others are boycotting the game,so its expected to be a near empty Bloomfield road.

Costa Rica international Jose Miguel Cubero was forced off against Middlesbrough in midweek with an ankle problem while fellow midfielder Andrea Orlandi also had to be substituted because of a foot issue.

Experienced defender Peter Clarke is continuing to battle against illness, while Bobby Grant and Gary MacKenzie (both knee), as well as striker Steven Davies (groin), all have long-term problems.

Boss Jose Riga, who could hand debuts to Andre Blackman and Formose Mendy, must decide whether to welcome Nile Ranger back into the fold after he appeared to vent his anger at being left out of the squad at the Riverside on Twitter.

Re: ' MORE WORRIES FOR BLACKPOOL ON & OFF THE PITCH '

Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:38 pm

Blackpool bottom off the Championship, worse/weakest squad of players in the Championship, has to be 3pts for the BLUEBIRDS :thumbright: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Blackpool bottom off the Championship, worse/weakest squad of players in the Championship, has to be 3pts for the BLUEBIRDS :thumbright: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That or a huge kick in the teeth! No easy games in this league! :(

Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:05 pm

2-0 to Blackpool tomorrow night then!

:lol:

Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Blackpool bottom off the Championship, worse/weakest squad of players in the Championship, has to be 3pts for the BLUEBIRDS :thumbright: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

They may well be weak. But if they start the game wanting it more than we do, they could walk all over us...

If our boys go out there to win, with focus and some passion... We can do it... I'm just worried what's going to happen if they come out like we did against boro.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Blackpool's injury problems are once again mounting up as the side propping up the Sky Bet Championship welcome Cardiff to Bloomfield Road and Blackpool fans are intending to protest and walk out during the game.

Thursday 09/10/14.

'Jose Riga: Has injury problems to contend with and Blackpool fans are to turn their back on their club.

Blackpool fans intend to walk out on the 54th minute of the game, while many others are boycotting the game,so its expected to be a near empty Bloomfield road.

Costa Rica international Jose Miguel Cubero was forced off against Middlesbrough in midweek with an ankle problem while fellow midfielder Andrea Orlandi also had to be substituted because of a foot issue.

Experienced defender Peter Clarke is continuing to battle against illness, while Bobby Grant and Gary MacKenzie (both knee), as well as striker Steven Davies (groin), all have long-term problems.

Boss Jose Riga, who could hand debuts to Andre Blackman and Formose Mendy, must decide whether to welcome Nile Ranger back into the fold after he appeared to vent his anger at being left out of the squad at the Riverside on Twitter.

You have pm.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:15 pm

GSO Cardiff City wrote:

They may well be weak. But if they start the game wanting it more than we do, they could walk all over us...

If our boys go out there to win, with focus and some passion... We can do it... I'm just worried what's going to happen if they come out like we did against boro.

Agree. And will this be a game where we actually get more of the ball than the opposition?

The more possession a team has, and the more they are allowed to dictate the pace of the game, and when they start to have a few attempts at goal, then confidence grows and they begin to realise that they can get something from the game.

I'd love us to boss the game from start to finish but I can't see it. If we can't win away against the bottom team in the league who are in absolute disarray at the moment, who can honestly think that we can get anywhere near promotion this season?

Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:30 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Blackpool's injury problems are once again mounting up as the side propping up the Sky Bet Championship welcome Cardiff to Bloomfield Road and Blackpool fans are intending to protest and walk out during the game.

Thursday 09/10/14.

You have pm.

Elliot, I will pm u now :thumbright:

Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:31 pm

GSO Cardiff City wrote:

They shouldnt be able to walk all over the quality of players we have compared to them, I will be shocked and disgusted if they do.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
GSO Cardiff City wrote:

They shouldnt be able to walk all over the quality of players we have compared to them, I will be shocked and disgusted if they do.

All it takes is a lack of enthusiasm... Unfortunately, we've seen that before...

But we've seen them play well recently... Sonic am hopeful.

I agree, they shouldn't be able to. But Bournemouth shouldn't have been able to score three in the first half an hour...

Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:56 pm

GSO Cardiff City wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
GSO Cardiff City wrote:

All it takes is a lack of enthusiasm... Unfortunately, we've seen that before...

But we've seen them play well recently... Sonic am hopeful.

I agree, they shouldn't be able to. But Bournemouth shouldn't have been able to score three in the first half an hour...

Thankfully since Ole went our players have got back their enthusiasm and are playing in their right positions :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:58 pm

It bugs me that the lads are where they are in the league. There just doesn't seem to be the motivation to play. Could be and probably is due to the off field antics but it's irritating.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:01 pm

And they'll still manage to beat us. Watch. :lol:

Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:11 pm

JonCCFC wrote:And they'll still manage to beat us. Watch. :lol:

I'm not overly confident either. :laughing6:

Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:48 pm

Annis, don't be too over confident as we've seen it all before with City. These are the games that we should outclass the opposition but they're also the games that we don't turn up for. I hope we've turned the corner to enjoy the international break.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:09 pm

City 4-0 :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:29 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:And they'll still manage to beat us. Watch. :lol:

I'm not overly confident either. :laughing6:

It's just typical Cardiff. We always seem to lose to the team that hasn't won a game in 10 games or whatever. Blackpool haven't won a single game this season, it's bound to happen. :lol:

Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:19 pm

Blackpool v Cardiff Preview
Thursday, 2nd Oct 2014 20:54 by Editor
First of all, thank you Cardiff City. Had you not have loaned us Joe Lewis this season then I doubt we'd have got to the 3 points we've reached so far. However, that clause about not allowing him to play against you makes a win at the 11th attempt all the more difficult. Just as Blackpool start to get a performance together which was arguably worthy of three points at Middlesbrough, it's back to square one at Bloomfield Road on Friday night.

Riga must be pulling some of those fine silver/grey locks out. Not only does he have a Chairman ready to give his job to another man, a team that hasn't yet given him a win and a budget you couldn't get a weekly shop at Iceland with, but now the team which he was starting to assemble is falling apart. First, Joe Lewis is unavailable and so in comes Elliot Parrish, then Peter Clarke, who has apparently lost half a stone - and there wasn't much to lose, is only just back in training and Andre Orlandi and Jose Cubero are both doubts after picking up knocks at the Riverside. Whether this game is too soon for Fermose Mendy and Andre Blackman remains to be seen.

Cardiff are still in a state of flux at the moment with caretaker managers Danny Gabbidon and Scott Young in charge whilst Russell Slade waits to take over having left Leyton Orient. The Bluebirds have yet to win away from home with 4 draws and one defeat and so unless this is another draw then one of these sides could break a winless duck. Cardiff will assess defender Matt Connolly (hamstring), but Ravel Morrison could make his first start.

Sky TV and Blackpool haven't been happy bedfellows of late and hopefully we'll finally get some luck in front of the cameras in the same way it did the last time these two teams met. Oh and then there's the small matter of what will happen in the 53rd minute .. maybe more unpredictable than the outcome of the game.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:41 pm

Anything less than a win is unacceptable.

Win and that's 8 points from four games :thumbright:

Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:02 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Anything less than a win is unacceptable.

Win and that's 8 points from four games :thumbright:

Agreed, win tomorrow then we're back on track :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:43 pm

That Joe Lewis clause sounds ominous for them by the sound of it! I don't rate their chances but this is City!

Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:14 pm

Blue Steel wrote:Annis, don't be too over confident as we've seen it all before with City. These are the games that we should outclass the opposition but they're also the games that we don't turn up for. I hope we've turned the corner to enjoy the international break.

True, but honestly I would be so disappointed with anything less than 3pts, a 1 nil win will do :thumbright: :thumbright:

Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:17 pm

I knew it. Typical Cardiff. :thumbright:

Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:07 pm

JonCCFC wrote:I knew it. Typical Cardiff. :thumbright:

:cry: