Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Who thinks we should or should not?

Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:46 pm

At some point negotiations will happen with Isis just like its happened with the Taliban. The Taliban will probably take control of Afghanistan at some stage in the future. Isis will have their state in the middle East somewhere just like the Jews formed theirs many years ago. Borders have changed throughout history, so maybe giving these organisations their own state that they've fought for is the answer to the terrorist problem we face. :ayatollah:
Cos they ain't going away :ayatollah:

Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:37 am

A block wrote:My opinion is stay out of it and this is why:

The birth of ISIS is a result of the Iraq war. We went to Iraq, killing millions, ruining families, friendships, homes and leaving people with no sense of value. This made it easy to brainwash vulnerable people into becoming terrorists.

By going over there and bombing them with air strikes we are just starting the same cycle again. We are feeding the ideology and making it easier for them to recruit new fighters.

As harsh as it sounds, I think we should leave the Middle East to fight ISIS. Hopefully, they win. If not the people will be suppressed for years and it will be up to them to change things through a revolution. Through suppression people will want change, the ideology will eventually fade out.

War is never the answer.

All valid points, and I agree it is a dilemma. If we attack them, they might hate us more. But who are "they"?

"They" are not the Persians, not the Kurds, not the Palestinians and not the average Arab. If we, the west, or the UN, takes the back seat in this conflict, I think it will bring us more new enemies than if we intervene. There has to be one standard when it comes to genocide: It cannot be allowed. Not to anyone. The Arabs, and the other people down there, needs to see that also they have the protection from the international society when there is crime committed against human kind. People in Africa still blame us (UN, the west) from letting Rwanda happen. We hesitated because they were just some black Africans. That´s the way they see it.

Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:34 am

The same old left wing garbage, and to compare Israel with IS is an insult

Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:07 am

angelis1949 wrote:The same old left wing garbage, and to compare Israel with IS is an insult

Wouldn't say it's an insult, but agree it is ridiculous to compare ISIL with JSIL. JSIL has WMDs and is bankrolled by the US, for a start. :wave:

Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:48 pm

angelis1949 wrote:The same old left wing garbage, and to compare Israel with IS is an insult

don't quite understand how opposing war based on what pervious wars in the region have yeilded (nothing positive!) is left wing garbage...care to elaborate...?

Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:57 pm

1922 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
1922 wrote:It is a tricky one isn't it?

The biggest problem for ages is the fact we think that our culture is the ONE. We think others should be the same. It is hard for us to understand that cultures of Africa, Middle East, and other continents are just different then ours... The biggest problem is we fail to understand - IT'S FINE.

For years we were killing, stealing, in the name of 'our god' our culture and we tried to change people for all the bad reasons.

All I am trying to say is, we created the mess, we can't clean anymore.

(Un) Islamic 'State' clearly is the most shocking outcome of wars started by Western World. We are responsible.

Question, what do we do with this responsibility? For me A block speaks a lot of sense. I remember welcoming news that USA will bomb ISIS with applause, but more and more I think about it. I'm not so sure... I mean, wasn't UIS created in aftermath of wars in Iraq and Syria? Who are we creating now?

If not bombing, what then? Arming other groups in the region? But, don't UIS get their money from US and us, wasn't they shown as 'good guys' rebels who fight an evil dictator in Syria? Who would we support now?

Leaving this circle is quite difficult thing to do.

I would lie if I would say I have an clear opinion on what should we do... I think I am still trying to understand more for myself.

But I think the closest I am to opinion of A block who says:
A block wrote:
As harsh as it sounds, I think we should leave the Middle East to fight ISIS. Hopefully, they win. If not the people will be suppressed for years and it will be up to them to change things through a revolution. Through suppression people will want change, the ideology will eventually fade out.

War is never the answer.

Bart, Correct we keep creating the mess and the problems by interfering in other countries and their laws and religions, none of our business.

The most scary fact is that Britain helped to create USA :shock:

And Isreal :o :o :o :o :o :o

Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Protect Palestine Annis who are run by a terrorist organisation called Hammas. We should not of gone into Iraq full stop. Saddam was an evil dictator but kept those that are was very dangerous under control. Now we have created a monster and they need to be wiped out. They are dangerous and do you think they are going to stop in Iraq ? No and they need to be dealt with. Unfortunately we now have to deal with what Blair and Friends have done.

Nukes, they are not terrorists they have been elected by the people of Palestine :thumbright:
In this Country, freedom of speech no longer exists as you for one very well know.
We Britain and the USA have created a monster and caused most of the problems in Iraq by invading it in the first place.

OK they are a terrorist organisation that was elected. Fairly or unfairly I have no idea.