Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who thinks we should or should not?

Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:58 am

be involved in the latest troubles in the Middle East?

I wish we could stay out of it,but if USA says jump we say " yes sir,how high " :roll:

But we dont protect Countries like Palestine, why because no Oil and nothing to gain for us.

Re: Who thinks we should or should not?

Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:35 am

Forever Blue wrote:be involved in the latest troubles in the Middle East?

I wish we could stay out of it,but if USA says jump we say " yes sir,how high " :roll:

But we dont protect Countries like Palestine, why because no Oil and nothing to gain for us.

we got involved for all the wrong reasons,i have never backed this war but fully back our servicemen and woman that risk their lives for the fat pigs we call politicians.... :ayatollah:

Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:41 am

isis need to be stop i dont think it will be long untill they start beheading more people in the streets of britain

Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:43 am

I don´t think it´s fair to compare the Israelis to IS, to be honest. IS is committing genocide on a large scale and they are educating terrorists with concrete plans for attacking the democratic world. Honestly, I don´t think USA is there for the oil, and after the last years experiences from Afghanistan and Iraq, I´m pretty sure USA would rather prefer not to get involved in any new conflicts. And don´t forget that USA also have support from numerous neighboring arabian states. They are not jumping because USA says "jump". They are simply reacting to the totally inhuman behavior in their own back-yard which also represent a threat to themselves.

If USA, NATO and UN don´t react on the progress of IS, they will have no credibility in any other conflicts they might need to get involved in in the future. This is simply the worse we have seen since Hitler. And don´t forget that NATO also reacted when the Serbians were committing genocide in Kosovo, and certainly there is no oil there.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:44 am

Agree with wez

Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:17 am

Kanester wrote:Agree with wez

I agree with this as well.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:27 am

Protect Palestine Annis who are run by a terrorist organisation called Hammas. We should not of gone into Iraq full stop. Saddam was an evil dictator but kept those that are was very dangerous under control. Now we have created a monster and they need to be wiped out. They are dangerous and do you think they are going to stop in Iraq ? No and they need to be dealt with. Unfortunately we now have to deal with what Blair and Friends have done.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:33 am

My opinion is stay out of it and this is why:

The birth of ISIS is a result of the Iraq war. We went to Iraq, killing millions, ruining families, friendships, homes and leaving people with no sense of value. This made it easy to brainwash vulnerable people into becoming terrorists.

By going over there and bombing them with air strikes we are just starting the same cycle again. We are feeding the ideology and making it easier for them to recruit new fighters.

As harsh as it sounds, I think we should leave the Middle East to fight ISIS. Hopefully, they win. If not the people will be suppressed for years and it will be up to them to change things through a revolution. Through suppression people will want change, the ideology will eventually fade out.

War is never the answer.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:34 am

Dve wrote:

I don´t think it´s fair to compare the Israelis to IS, to be honest. IS is committing genocide on a large scale and they are educating terrorists with concrete plans for attacking the democratic world. Honestly, I don´t think USA is there for the oil, and after the last years experiences from Afghanistan and Iraq, I´m pretty sure USA would rather prefer not to get involved in any new conflicts. And don´t forget that USA also have support from numerous neighboring arabian states. They are not jumping because USA says "jump". They are simply reacting to the totally inhuman behavior in their own back-yard which also represent a threat to themselves.

If USA, NATO and UN don´t react on the progress of IS, they will have no credibility in any other conflicts they might need to get involved in in the future. This is simply the worse we have seen since Hitler. And don´t forget that NATO also reacted when the Serbians were committing genocide in Kosovo, and certainly there is no oil there.

This is a good point - we jumped right into Kosova when many wouldn't - no oil, no Christians, no Jews, just there protecting loads of Muslims from the Russian-supported Serbian army. I for one was proud of Britain's part in that operation, even proud of bloody Tony Blair for a change!

For me the biggest crime (and let's face it there have been plenty to choose from) in the Middle East is the appalling lack of collective leadership shown by the Arab countries themselves - I guess it should come as no surprise when so many of them are run as private family dictatorships, run on ethnic lines. Perhaps it is our ignorance - we label these countries as Arabs, but they are far more tribal than that crude label.

There, said my piece on that one, tried to stay away from these Middle East threads you put up Annis from time to time, but you lured me eventually :x

Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:38 am

Not an oil issues, but I agree that we shouldn't be involved yet. Any military maneuvers should be worked with and through NATO and the UN to ensure a joint offensive.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:39 am

Pointless war as ever getting scared of a bunch of shepards and being children as a retaliation then wondering why the west is hated. It's an infinite and pointless war.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:51 am

It is a tricky one isn't it?

The biggest problem for ages is the fact we think that our culture is the ONE. We think others should be the same. It is hard for us to understand that cultures of Africa, Middle East, and other continents are just different then ours... The biggest problem is we fail to understand - IT'S FINE.

For years we were killing, stealing, in the name of 'our god' our culture and we tried to change people for all the bad reasons.

All I am trying to say is, we created the mess, we can't clean anymore.

(Un) Islamic 'State' clearly is the most shocking outcome of wars started by Western World. We are responsible.

Question, what do we do with this responsibility? For me A block speaks a lot of sense. I remember welcoming news that USA will bomb ISIS with applause, but more and more I think about it. I'm not so sure... I mean, wasn't UIS created in aftermath of wars in Iraq and Syria? Who are we creating now?

If not bombing, what then? Arming other groups in the region? But, don't UIS get their money from US and us, wasn't they shown as 'good guys' rebels who fight an evil dictator in Syria? Who would we support now?

Leaving this circle is quite difficult thing to do.

I would lie if I would say I have an clear opinion on what should we do... I think I am still trying to understand more for myself.

But I think the closest I am to opinion of A block who says:
A block wrote:
As harsh as it sounds, I think we should leave the Middle East to fight ISIS. Hopefully, they win. If not the people will be suppressed for years and it will be up to them to change things through a revolution. Through suppression people will want change, the ideology will eventually fade out.

War is never the answer.
Last edited by 1922 on Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:51 am

I do not condone the beheading of innocent civilians but I do not condone the bombing of innocent civilians. Two evils going toe to toe when both sides should just stand down. Never going to happen though.

Honestly, a stroke of PR genius from IS would have been to release the latest hostages they have as a "good will gesture". I'm sure they've been there before though and been punished for it. It's all they have. Theresa May spouting bollocks about IS being a nuclear threat. f**k off May. What does that make us with our arsenal in the Shetlands?

Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:45 am

krabb wrote:

we got involved for all the wrong reasons,i have never backed this war but fully back our servicemen and woman that risk their lives for the fat pigs we call politicians.... :ayatollah:

Kevin, 100% our servicemen/women, its our politicians that I dont :thumbright:

Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:47 am

wez1927 wrote:

isis need to be stop i dont think it will be long untill they start beheading more people in the streets of britain

Wez, the problem is you will never stop these groups in other Countries, the Taliban still exist etc, the main leaders just hide away and come back under a new group, by us invading these countries all the time, we bring trouble to our own country.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:50 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Protect Palestine Annis who are run by a terrorist organisation called Hammas. We should not of gone into Iraq full stop. Saddam was an evil dictator but kept those that are was very dangerous under control. Now we have created a monster and they need to be wiped out. They are dangerous and do you think they are going to stop in Iraq ? No and they need to be dealt with. Unfortunately we now have to deal with what Blair and Friends have done.

Nukes, they are not terrorists they have been elected by the people of Palestine :thumbright:
In this Country, freedom of speech no longer exists as you for one very well know.
We Britain and the USA have created a monster and caused most of the problems in Iraq by invading it in the first place.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:52 am

A block wrote:My opinion is stay out of it and this is why:

The birth of ISIS is a result of the Iraq war. We went to Iraq, killing millions, ruining families, friendships, homes and leaving people with no sense of value. This made it easy to brainwash vulnerable people into becoming terrorists.

By going over there and bombing them with air strikes we are just starting the same cycle again. We are feeding the ideology and making it easier for them to recruit new fighters.

War is never the answer.

Totally agree :thumbright:

But War though can be the answer sometimes, but not for us in the Middle East.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:53 am

ISIS is an evil evil group that needs to be blown off the face of the Earth.

I would like to see us support the Middle East countries that oppose them. Ideally I would like to see us blow them apart from the air and let the Middle East forces claim back their lands.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:00 pm

A block wrote:My opinion is stay out of it and this is why:

War is never the answer.

At least we got rid of the weapons of mass destruction that were the cause of us going over there in the first place..... oh wait....

Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:00 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:ISIS is an evil evil group that needs to be blown off the face of the Earth.

I would like to see us support the Middle East countries that oppose them. Ideally I would like to see us blow them apart from the air and let the Middle East forces claim back their lands.

They def are Ian, but do you really think we will totally get rid of them? they will bring the fight to our Country the more we get involved in their countries.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:04 pm

1922 wrote:It is a tricky one isn't it?

The biggest problem for ages is the fact we think that our culture is the ONE. We think others should be the same. It is hard for us to understand that cultures of Africa, Middle East, and other continents are just different then ours... The biggest problem is we fail to understand - IT'S FINE.

For years we were killing, stealing, in the name of 'our god' our culture and we tried to change people for all the bad reasons.

(Un) Islamic 'State' clearly is the most shocking outcome of wars started by Western World. We are responsible.

Question, what do we do with this responsibility? For me A block speaks a lot of sense. I remember welcoming news that USA will bomb ISIS with applause, but more and more I think about it. I'm not so sure... I mean, wasn't UIS created in aftermath of wars in Iraq and Syria? Who are we creating now?

If not bombing, what then? Arming other groups in the region? But, don't UIS get their money from US and us, wasn't they shown as 'good guys' rebels who fight an evil dictator in Syria? Who would we support now?

I would lie if I would say I have an clear opinion on what should we do... I think I am still trying to understand more for myself.

A block wrote:

War is never the answer.

Bart, Correct we keep creating the mess and the problems by interfering in other countries and their laws and religions, none of our business.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:05 pm

We should keep our noses out.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:06 pm

Oil, no - but natural gas....

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/ ... rgy-crisis

Both the US and the UK have significant financial interests in Palestenian gas deposits.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:10 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:ISIS is an evil evil group that needs to be blown off the face of the Earth.

ISIS are evil, no doubt. JSIL more so - indescriminate killers who everyone knows are nuclear capable, but no-one will do anything about it because the US kisses their arse and funds their military.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:14 pm

Saracen wrote:

Oil, no - but natural gas....

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/ ... rgy-crisis

Both the US and the UK have significant financial interests in Palestenian gas deposits.

If it not oil,its gas as you say :thumbright: but its all about where they can make money, not really about peoples life's.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
1922 wrote:It is a tricky one isn't it?

A block wrote:

War is never the answer.

Bart, Correct we keep creating the mess and the problems by interfering in other countries and their laws and religions, none of our business.

The most scary fact is that Britain helped to create USA :shock:

Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:19 pm

Kanester wrote:Agree with wez

So do I

Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:29 pm

We should never have got involved from the start. You cant impose your political views and will on anyone, it has to evolve in that country. We only got involved because of America and oil. I don't see anyone rushing to help the people of Zimbabwe or Somalia because there is no money to be made there. As for the radical muslims, they should have been crushed in this country with stronger immigration laws and stronger home laws.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:48 pm

The Arab League should sort this out but they are cowards.The Saudi's and the like are quite happy to have Nato sort their nasty problems out because it stops downtown Dubai being subject to terrorist attack.I agree we should get out and wait for them to annihilate themselves as they surely would and they we can divvy up all the oil between us.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:31 pm

You're quite right, the west doesn't get involved in Palestine even though they make all the right noises because there's no oil to be had there unlike Iraq and Syria which are both oil rich countries and if things carry on like they are with IS this supply to the west is soon going to dry up. The true reason we got involved with Afghanistan is because the nation is estimated to have something in the region of £3 trillion pounds worth of industrial minerals in the ground waiting to be excavated and we and the Americans used the excuse of the "war against terror and the Taliban" to go in there and stake our claim to it by installing a puppet government in there. Also there is the small matter of a main oil pipeline running through the middle of the country taking oil from Russia to the arab ports for export.
Why do you think that we're so determined to hang on to the Falkland Islands? It's only because of the amount of oil fields around them and that's why Argentina are so determined to make them theirs as well. If it was just down to a few sheep inhabited rocks in the middle of the South Atlantic do you really think that either Government would be really interested n them?
So really it's all down to this - oil and mineral resources and whoever controls those resources

Just my opinion :old: :bluescarf: