Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

f.a.o. Annis

Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:22 pm

Annis you state that your not a Whitts fan. How about the 2009/10 season which is the only one where I can remember him regularly playing as an AM instead of CM, LW, DM and even LB? In 2009/10 he scored 22 goals and had 10 assists in the championship. Then along came Bellers and he dropped from playing behind Copra and Bothroyd to a more central role, and when Rambo came on loan he dropped further back. Since then successive managers have played him out of position, which I think is due to the coaches telling the new managers his position. They are more likely to ask a few coaches than 25+ players. Will you please use your contacts to make sure the new manager knows of Whitts stats when played in a more attacking role in 2009/10.

Re: f.a.o. Annis

Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:34 pm

And how many of them were penaltys that season
doule figures I believe
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :bluescarf:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:44 pm

Whitts back then was on fire,as the years have gone by, in my opinion season after season he has been laid back,gone missing and not done much. I use to rate him highly.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:45 pm

Didn't he hit 30ish one season under DJ from the Left.

Problem is Malky and Ole liked him but couldn't for him into a system.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Whitts back then was on fire,as the years have gone by, in my opinion season after season he has been laid back,gone missing and not done much. I use to rate him highly.

Spot on Annis :thumbup:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:09 pm

Should have sold Whitts at the end of his best season in 2010.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:15 pm

carlccfc wrote:Should have sold Whitts at the end of his best season in 2010.

If that would have happened. We'd have all been up in arms about it saying the club lacked ambition.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:23 pm

Malky ruined him for confidence and position.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:29 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:And how many of them were penaltys that season
doule figures I believe
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :bluescarf:

I bet you cheered every single one too. :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Whitts back then was on fire,as the years have gone by, in my opinion season after season he has been laid back,gone missing and not done much. I use to rate him highly.

Yes, because he has been played out of position. Lately Gunner has been playing an AM role and Whitts in a DM role when they are both better at playing the other way around. Whitts is not a strong tackler, yet Gunner is, whereas, Whitts is a good finisher and Gunner only mediocre. Whitts is the better putting a ball through to open up the opposition, but it is far more difficult from a defensive role.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:41 pm

Fu..off chuckles
wether I cheered or not has nothing to do with my point
whitts scored 20 something goals in a season and half of them were penaltys
now whats that got to do with anyone cheering
you have a warped mind :bluescarf: