Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tan must shut up & treat Cardiff C fans with more respect

Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:56 pm

Vincent Tan must shut up and treat Cardiff City fans with more respect
by Haydn Gleed
Wednesday 1 Oct 2014

Metro

Vincent Tan has been talking his usual nonsense this week (Picture: Getty Images)
For a supposed successful businessmen, boy does Vincent Tan know how to lose his customers.

I’ve been a loyal Cardiff City fan for more years than I care to remember. For the last 11years I’ve been going to the majority of games both home and away. I flew down from Glasgow when I lived there for six years to attend home and away games despite my fear of flying. For many years before that I attended just the home games.

But I find myself not wanting to go to games anymore.

The reason? What Tan has done to my club.

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote when Ole Gunnar Solskjaer left that everyone at the club should stick together, that we need to get behind the team no matter who the manager is. All that has changed. I find myself not caring anymore about Vincent Tan’s Cardiff City.

This week alone, I’ve taken my away tickets back for Brighton and Blackpool, and I nearly didn’t attend the home game against Sheffield Wednesday.

I am sick to the back teeth of Tan talking nonsense in the press and treating the Cardiff City fans with contempt.

In his interviews with the media over the last week, he has said that Dave Jones, Malky Mackay and Ole weren’t his men and that’s why they didn’t succeed. Well, I believe Tan was directly involved in Ole’s appointment, so can’t the man take responsibility for his mistakes?

He made a point of saying how great the fans were for his other club in FK Sarajevo, while making a point of not commenting on the Cardiff City fans.

He said that Malky only got us promoted because of his money and we, as fans, should be grateful. I beg your pardon? I believe I pay over £2,000 of my money, roughly 15% of my annual income after tax watching Cardiff City every season, who the hell do you think you are to tell me I should be grateful?

Oh and by the way, how much did you spend in the summer on new players? I don’t know the exact figure but it would be close to £15-20 million and where are we? 13th? Playing like a pub team? Whatever the figure it’s probably up there with the most spent in the league.

The reason we are not up there? Because of poor management. You can’t throw money at a team and expect results, it’s good management that does that. Whatever your thoughts are on Malky’s conduct and behaviour you can’t deny it was because of him we got promoted not just Tan’s money.

On Saturday, I turned up at the Cardiff City Stadium, and by the entrance gate I was confronted with more police and stewards than we had been confronted with at Derby the week before. I was thoroughly searched by the stewards and instructed to take every item out of my pocket. Essentially being treated like a criminal. Who’s decision is this over handed policing? Tan I’ve been told.

So not content with making the away fans feel more comfortable in our stadium by singing their songs at half time he wants his clubs own fans to feel like criminals.

Cardiff City is no longer the club I fell in love with, and with Tan in charge, I don’t know how much more I can take.

Re: Tan must shut up & treat Cardiff C fans with more respec

Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:16 pm

My lottery numbers didn't come up last night and someone told me it was Mr Tans fault. :twisted: After reading this I'm sure the Metro will want to pay me for an exclusive. :lol:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:25 pm

I must say, all I've ever had at any match up to and including this month is a quick check in my rucksack... probably disappointed to only find a thermos in there... and not the blocks of C4 they were expecting...

"He made a point of saying how great the fans were for his other club in FK Sarajevo, while making a point of not commenting on the Cardiff City fans." - Because the majority of the cardiff city fans (rightly or wrongly) just call him a wanker.... I'd want to ignore them too and not mention them.

"Well, I believe Tan was directly involved in Ole’s appointment, so can’t the man take responsibility for his mistakes?" by all accounts it was Mehmet Dalman who went after Ole

"Oh and by the way, how much did you spend in the summer on new players? I don’t know the exact figure but it would be close to £15-20 million and where are we? 13th? Playing like a pub team? Whatever the figure it’s probably up there with the most spent in the league."

I don;t get if you are praising him here after moaning about him for so long... are you actually trying to critiscise him for putting his own money in and giving one of the largest transfer budgets in the league??

Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:34 pm

Vincent Tan Vincent Tan you're a wanker, Vincent Tan Vincent Tan I said..

Oh Vincent Tan is full of shit

Vincent Tan, is a wanker, is a wanker

Go to back to Malay-sia, go back to Malay-sia

Works both ways for respect init

Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:37 pm

Remember this is the wanker who said Vincent Tan must be happy that the mud has stuck with Malky and that Malky deserved another job(even before the allegations came out :laughing6:)

I beg your pardon? I believe I pay over £2,000 of my money, roughly 15% of my annual income after tax watching Cardiff City every season, who the hell do you think you are to tell me I should be grateful?

This is my favourite part, he acts like he has a devine right to the club, no one forces him to spend 15% of his annual income after tax supporting Cardiff, buying all the tickets isn't compulsory, it's his own choice to decide whether he wants to spend his money he earns supporting us.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:41 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:Remember this is the wanker who said Vincent Tan must be happy that the mud has stuck with Malky and that Malky deserved another job(even before the allegations came out :laughing6:)

I beg your pardon? I believe I pay over £2,000 of my money, roughly 15% of my annual income after tax watching Cardiff City every season, who the hell do you think you are to tell me I should be grateful?

This is my favourite part, he acts like he has a devine right to the club, no one forces him to spend 15% of his annual income after tax supporting Cardiff, buying all the tickets isn't compulsory, it's his own choice to decide whether he wants to spend his money he earns supporting us.

To be fair... a season ticket is less than half the cost of that... even if you want to get one of the GOOD seats...

Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:44 pm

GSO Cardiff City wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:Remember this is the wanker who said Vincent Tan must be happy that the mud has stuck with Malky and that Malky deserved another job(even before the allegations came out :laughing6:)

To be fair... a season ticket is less than half the cost of that... even if you want to get one of the GOOD seats...

Exactly. I think he's adding up the cost of away games too but AGAIN, no one forces him to do this. The club isn't compulsory. You can stop it in a split second. As soon as I turn 21, I'll pack in getting a season ticket and only turn up now and then. :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:01 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:
GSO Cardiff City wrote:

Exactly. I think he's adding up the cost of away games too but AGAIN, no one forces him to do this. The club isn't compulsory. You can stop it in a split second. As soon as I turn 21, I'll pack in getting a season ticket and only turn up now and then. :ayatollah:

I just plain can't afford to go every week. And I can't go to away games because whatever happens and whatever I'd like to do my little boy comes first (very much looking forward to him being able to come with me though!). Does it make me a lesser fan just because I can't go? Sometimes people can make you feel like it.

I don't think it matter's how much money we put into the club... some things are just not our decision. I agree that the rebrand was disrespectful... but you don't garner other people's respect by shouting and swearing at them. If more people had spoken up about it at the time then yeah... you could understand them being pissed off... but a LOT of the anti red people (now) shut their mouths and said nothing when it happened.

If people want to boycott, or just stop going or whatever, that's their decision and it's perfectly understandable... I just couldn't stop myself from going down CCS when I get the money and time../. I'm not strong enough and I'll happily admit that.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:44 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:Vincent Tan Vincent Tan you're a wanker, Vincent Tan Vincent Tan I said..

& why did all that happen? Oh yes, the lack of respect towards the fans and the identity of this football club. :thumbup:

As you so rightly say, it works both ways. :D :bluescarf:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:02 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:Vincent Tan Vincent Tan you're a wanker, Vincent Tan Vincent Tan I said..

& why did all that happen? Oh yes, the lack of respect towards the fans and the identity of this football club. :thumbup:

As you so rightly say, it works both ways. :D :bluescarf:

For once we're in agreement :laughing5: It does go both ways, without a doubt. But we can't keep calling him a wanker and expect him to start loving us.

Somebody has to make the first step... and it's probably not going to the the billionaire businesman

Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:18 pm

GSO Cardiff City wrote:For once we're in agreement :laughing5: It does go both ways, without a doubt. But we can't keep calling him a wanker and expect him to start loving us.

Somebody has to make the first step... and it's probably not going to the the billionaire businesman

We certainly can. I want him to leave. :thumbup:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:22 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
GSO Cardiff City wrote:For once we're in agreement :laughing5: It does go both ways, without a doubt. But we can't keep calling him a wanker and expect him to start loving us.

We certainly can. I want him to leave. :thumbup:

And all will be well at CCS Towers. :bootyshake: :lol:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:56 pm

GSO Cardiff City wrote:

Have you not considered the possibility he may be paying for other family members too ?