Wouldnt this work better?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby BlueDredd » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:18 pm

Could possibly sure up the defence a little bit.. But also our full backs definitely have the potential to be wing backs.

The midfield could be mixed up, but I want to see a top 2. Kenwyne has shown his hold up play and ability to bring in other players is well over par. This is definitely something I'd like to see :bluescarf:
Attachments
formation.png
formation.png (68.35 KiB) Viewed 527 times
JUDGEMENT TIME!
BlueDredd

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Wouldnt this work better?

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:40 pm

BlueDredd wrote:Could possibly sure up the defence a little bit.. But also our full backs definitely have the potential to be wing backs.

The midfield could be mixed up, but I want to see a top 2. Kenwyne has shown his hold up play and ability to bring in other players is well over par. This is definitely something I'd like to see :bluescarf:

Totally agree with this. I would personally play Connolly instead of Morrison mind and when Turner returns, I would drop Cala and have Turner and Connolly either side of Manga. I would also push Daehli further up behind the front two and ask Whittingham and Gunnarsson to play a bit deeper. Not sure what happened to Guerra against Bournemouth, but he showed against Middlesbrough how good he is and it's about time we give him a run of games I think, especially up if he's up front with Jones who will do all the physical work.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby BlueDredd » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:44 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
BlueDredd wrote:Could possibly sure up the defence a little bit.. But also our full backs definitely have the potential to be wing backs.

Totally agree with this. I would personally play Connolly instead of Morrison mind and when Turner returns, I would drop Cala and have Turner and Connolly either side of Manga. I would also push Daehli further up behind the front two and ask Whittingham and Gunnarsson to play a bit deeper. Not sure what happened to Guerra against Bournemouth, but he showed against Middlesbrough how good he is and it's about time we give him a run of games I think, especially up if he's up front with Jones who will do all the physical work.

I haven't quite yet been convinced by morrison either. So i agree with you there. I'd like to see Cala in the squad because his first touch and distribution is spot on. I think he could put a nice balance to the side. I was listening to redknapp on Talk Sport yesterday giving his opinion on playing 3 at the back and using wing backs. It seems like a good enough strategy with a well balanced side :bluescarf:
JUDGEMENT TIME!
BlueDredd

Postby A block » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:11 pm

The problem with playing 3/5 at the back is defenders aren't used to it and it takes a lot of time for them to get used to.

It isn't the sort of thing you want to introduce during the season in my opinion. It's something that should be worked at over the summer.

Although that starting 11 has zero balance in my opinion and we would get walked over by most teams in midfield.
A block

Return to General Chat