Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Vincent Tan '

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:04 am

Some news I met up with one of his associates yesterday and he told me that Tan Sri Vincent is very much doing what he can to sustain the club and see it gain promotion in due course. He said he's received advice and suggestions have been received from the supporters that are behind him in numerous well-meaning quarters, and Tan Sri Vincent appreciates that - he can't please everybody but the club should be pulling in the same direction whoever is in charge. Maybe we should show mr Tan a bit more affection and start singing there's only one vincent Tan and U never know all the affection might go to his head and he will then change is back to blue. There are certain people going about it the wrong way. Yes he has made mistakes by nobody in life is perfect are we, there will always be friction. but he's thankful for the support shown from the fans that want this club to be a success and all he wants to do is bring the glory days and have good times at Cardiff. One last thought is if he sells the club there's no guarantee that the news owners would bring back blue they might want purple or pink. So just remember what we wish for.

Re: Vincent Tan

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:09 am

LoneRanger44 wrote:Some news I met up with one of his associates yesterday and he told me that Tan Sri Vincent is very much doing what he can to sustain the club and see it gain promotion in due course. He said he's received advice and suggestions have been received from the supporters that are behind him in numerous well-meaning quarters, and Tan Sri Vincent appreciates that - he can't please everybody but the club should be pulling in the same direction whoever is in charge. Maybe we should show mr Tan a bit more affection and start singing there's only one vincent Tan and U never know all the affection might go to his head and he will then change is back to blue. There are certain people going about it the wrong way. Yes he has made mistakes by nobody in life is perfect are we, there will always be friction. but he's thankful for the support shown from the fans that want this club to be a success and all he wants to do is bring the glory days and have good times at Cardiff. One last thought is if he sells the club there's no guarantee that the news owners would bring back blue they might want purple or pink. So just remember what we wish for.

:laughing6: :laughing6: another ITK a wannabe. :sleepy2:

I will never sing that man's name to boost his ego. :thumbright:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:11 am

LoneRanger44 wrote:Some news I met up with one of his associates yesterday and he told me that Tan Sri Vincent is very much doing what he can to sustain the club and see it gain promotion in due course. He said he's received advice and suggestions have been received from the supporters that are behind him in numerous well-meaning quarters, and Tan Sri Vincent appreciates that - he can't please everybody but the club should be pulling in the same direction whoever is in charge. Maybe we should show mr Tan a bit more affection and start singing there's only one vincent Tan and U never know all the affection might go to his head and he will then change is back to blue. There are certain people going about it the wrong way. Yes he has made mistakes by nobody in life is perfect are we, there will always be friction. but he's thankful for the support shown from the fans that want this club to be a success and all he wants to do is bring the glory days and have good times at Cardiff. One last thought is if he sells the club there's no guarantee that the news owners would bring back blue they might want purple or pink. So just remember what we wish for.

Hypothetical questiion: If we won the F.A Cup or League Cup, does the trophy go into Tan's trophy cabinet in Malaysia or stays in Cardiff?

After all, the only reason we got to the Premier League was because of his £15mil investment. Still waiting for the the Roman Abramovich interview where he lets the Chelsea fans know every trophy they won under his ownership is becuase of him and the fans must worship & acknowledge that fact.

Vincent Tan is an extremely unpleasant unlikeable man

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:11 am

I will never sing that mans name. Cant stand the sight of him. Hes not stupid, he knows exactly what 99% of us want, so why is he pulling in a different direction to us?

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:17 am

ThomasC wrote:

Hypothetical questiion: If we won the F.A Cup or League Cup, does the trophy go into Tan's trophy cabinet in Malaysia or stays in Cardiff?

After all, the only reason we got to the Premier League was because of his £15mil investment. Still waiting for the the Roman Abramovich interview where he lets the Chelsea fans know every trophy they won under his ownership is becuase of him and the fans must worship & acknowledge that fact.

Vincent Tan is an extremely unpleasant unlikeable man

They would be in our trophy cabinet, I am just passing on what was said yesterday. We aren't going to be singing his name but no person desrves the abuse him and his family are getting. I would like to see any other person that would have put £170m into our club. All I am saying is there is a right way and wrong way to make our feeling know.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:18 am

Another person making out that Tan doesn't want this money back! :roll:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:22 am

Are you on medication or something.Vincent Tan is a horrible despicable spoilt bully.A dictator who knows nothing about honour or loyalty.We must start chanting ani Tan songs at all games.Pay for articles in the Malaysian press that challenge Tan and his idiotic ideas about colour and luck ect.Give his enemies over there ammunition to use against him.Its time to go up a level and drive the nutter out. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:27 am

So another another ITK. So LoneRanger, what's the name of your 'associate' contact of VT? Tonto?

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:28 am

Kanester wrote:I will never sing that mans name. Cant stand the sight of him. Hes not stupid, he knows exactly what 99% of us want, so why is he pulling in a different direction to us?

Thats True - and your right he's not stupid I think he realises that he has made a mistake and is mellowing as he didn't think running a football club would be so hard, but I do think that Slade is now the man to take us forward will see what he can do with us over the next 6 games. But I do think if he stays he does know that he has to compromise and give something back to the fans.

I did tell him that our club has so much more to deliver and Tan needs to open his eyes and take the blinker's off he just needs the right people with the right vision to take it onto the next level. Also mentioned there is still time for Tan to turn this around and he can still be our saviour by going back to blue saying he was badliy advised it takes a bigger man to say he made a mistake, he is a successful business man, we could have the Cardiff City stadium packed each home game (30,000) week in week out in attendance, But I do know this if we could play in Blue at home, Red every away game - the income this club could be generating from the gate receipts would be enormous.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:31 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:Another person making out that Tan doesn't want this money back! :roll:

I noticed you have implied that too many posters on here. On this thread - who and what has been said,Tan doesn't want his money back? Or are just a parrot keep asking the same question to people?

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:32 am

Vincent Tan can do one

His latest interviews show what a clueless clown the man is, he has no regard to our history, heritage or traditions.

The previous board should hang their heads in shame, he is slowly killing our club and the sooner he sells up the better

MK Dons would be the perfect fit for him

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:38 am

Fairwater Youth wrote:Vincent Tan can do one

His latest interviews show what a clueless clown the man is, he has no regard to our history, heritage or traditions.

The previous board should hang their heads in shame, he is slowly killing our club and the sooner he sells up the better

MK Dons would be the perfect fit for him

But at present there are no takers nobody in the right mind would buy a championship club for £80m when you can buy a premership club in Aston Villa for £100m. if we get relegated god help us as he would want £50m be in league 1.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:39 am

Though I wouldnt quite go as far as singing his name, I do think there are only a small handful of 'fans' - prob all on here that still have issues with Tan. I personally think the guy has done a great job with our club - rebrand aside, and people that chirp up about hating him, twisting everything he says etc need to be careful what they wish for. Only idiots will try twisting the interview on Sky Sports as again he came across very well in terms of looking out for the club - and his investment.

If Tan goes chances are we are left in total shyt street and I for one dont want to see us in the depths again. Been there, done that.

So where as I wont sing his name, likewise I wont join in with the handful of clowns singing derogatory things in his direction as he has saved the ar*e off this club over the years.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:45 am

CardiffBatman888 wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:Another person making out that Tan doesn't want this money back! :roll:

I noticed you have implied that too many posters on here. On this thread - who and what has been said,Tan doesn't want his money back? Or are just a parrot keep asking the same question to people?

The only way Tan is going to get near his £170m is if we get promoted and by some miracle we finish in the top 6. They we might get a buyer willing to pay him £150m.

He just wants Cardiff City back in the premiership and he knows that he will be able to sell the club for at least £80m he wants for it present. I was told if we get promoted he would sell up, if we don't there is no way he will sell the club. But it going to take a mamouth task to find a buyer and to get him to change everything back and say a mate said to me he would be much happier playing in league 1 in our blue kit wearing our traditional badge and think he has a point and think must fans would prefer that.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:50 am

RYANBLUE wrote:Though I wouldnt quite go as far as singing his name, I do think there are only a small handful of 'fans' - prob all on here that still have issues with Tan. I personally think the guy has done a great job with our club - rebrand aside, and people that chirp up about hating him, twisting everything he says etc need to be careful what they wish for. Only idiots will try twisting the interview on Sky Sports as again he came across very well in terms of looking out for the club - and his investment.

If Tan goes chances are we are left in total shyt street and I for one dont want to see us in the depths again. Been there, done that.

So where as I wont sing his name, likewise I wont join in with the handful of clowns singing derogatory things in his direction as he has saved the ar*e off this club over the years.

that is the most sensible comment I think i have ever read on this forum. I wasn't suggesting singing his name it was hypothetical point and want he would like but its never going to happening.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:09 pm

CardiffBatman888 wrote:I noticed you have implied that too many posters on here. On this thread - who and what has been said,Tan doesn't want his money back? Or are just a parrot keep asking the same question to people?

The clue is in my post Batman. Simple enough, even for you. :thumbup:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:15 pm

could sing this,

Vincent Tan Please Lord Change to Blue :bluescarf:
Vincent Tan Please lord change to Blue :bluescarf:
Vincent Tan please lord change to blue :bluescarf:
Please Tan change to Blue :bluescarf:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:38 pm

Jenks wrote:could sing this,

Vincent Tan Please Lord Change to Blue :bluescarf:
Vincent Tan Please lord change to Blue :bluescarf:
Vincent Tan please lord change to blue :bluescarf:
Please Tan change to Blue :bluescarf:

Omg creased :laughing5: :notworthy:

Re: ' Vincent Tan '

Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:42 pm

I think that Cardiff fans including myself are to blame. The problem is our reaction to him changing us to red wasn't strong, or hard hitting enough. Loads, like myself were just happy to see the club survive. I don't care what anyone says but we were in real Fianancial trouble. I put the survival of my football club before our history and tradition.

It sickens me to see the club turn out in red. We should of been stronger and tougher from the start. Pitch invasions, protests at the ground, boycotts ect. So with regards to the o.p I'm afraid your wrong because we have been far far far to acomadating to v.t and now it's far far to late!!!

Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:42 pm

My personal opinion, Tan has had enough of us,our club and many of us have had enough of him and Tan wants out ASAP. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

But he will find it more than hard work to get out,unless he wants to loose all his money he has lent us and call it a day?

Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:My personal opinion, Tan has had enough of us,our club and many of us have had enough of him and Tan wants out ASAP. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

But he will find it more than hard work to get out,unless he wants to loose all his money he has lent us and call it a day?

I think you are right, but I cannot see him just walking away and leaving all that money there!

Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:My personal opinion, Tan has had enough of us,our club and many of us have had enough of him and Tan wants out ASAP. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

I really hope he does the latter.

Seems he does not want to tarnish his reputation though by seeing us in the shit. He's tried something aloof and out of the box. It hasn't worked and it's back fired on him. It doesn't matter how much money you throw at something you have to have the whole club in the same direction!!! He has been exposed as a poor buisness msn and that grates on him bad!!! We are winning as Cardiff fans and we must not give up!! The 1927 need to be back louder than ever!! We will win but we went the wrong way about it.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:52 pm

wishful thinking on your part annis ,the latest interview s shows he ain't going anywhere untill he can sell us for a profit ,for that we have to be in the premiership

Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:55 pm

wez1927 wrote:

wishful thinking on your part annis ,the latest interview s shows he ain't going anywhere untill he can sell us for a profit ,for that we have to be in the premiership

Wez, I guarantee 100% Tan will not make one penny profit out of Cardiff City, unless he stays 20 years and were playing regular Championship football.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wez, I guarantee 100% Tan will not make one penny profit out of Cardiff City, unless he stays 20 years and were playing regular Championship football.

That's what I think ,that's why I can see him Here for many years he's not a quiter and too stubborn to take a massive hit ,he got so much money that he can hang around untill things improve

Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:00 pm

FULHAM were sold for inbetween 150-200 million

Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:03 pm

I will never sing 'There's only one Vincent Tan'. That will only boost his ego and will think that the fans are now supporting the red. Admittedly, I've stopped singing anti-Tan songs solely because of the Malky situation. But I'll still be there with my blue scarf, home and away, singing..

WE'RE CARDIFF CITY, WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE!!

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:18 pm

This is what I said the other day as wez said and my other post he will only got the £80m if we are in the premiership look how long fulham were in the premiership that's why they sold for what they did as they established themselves there.

Even U said he will be gone next season if we get promoted. But nobody is going to buy our club it the state of shambles as its in at the moment and yes its only money to him and he could take a big hit and walk away I know he's recovering from an operation but for me him not coming at all this season tell me all I need to know.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:22 pm

Tan knows he fucked up with the rebrand.

He can see the proof in the stands and in the takings of the club shops.

He can see it in the press.

Only his ego is keeping the red going.

I care not for his ego. I want blue back.

Tan is very disrespectful to our fans.

He is mates with the owners of Hull and Newcastle.

He really should have bought MKDons.

Vincent. f**k off and buy another club.

Things would have been so different for him if he'd have kept us blue. He would have been a hero.

Now he must know he is not taken seriously by millions of football people worldwide.

That has got to hurt.

So, OP with the ITK bollocks. You can do one as well. Sing Tan's name? I'd be happy too.

"f**k off Vincent...."

And

"You don't know what you're doing"

Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

So what is Tans options then? There are no news of potential buyers and everyone saying "Tan out"... what are the options?