Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Taarabt

Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:21 am

Apparently been given the green light to leave in January

Now.... Some hypotheticals here BUT...

If Ravel stays out of prison and we extend the loan, then loan or buy Adel..

Marshall

Brayford manga Morrison Fabio

Pilkington Gunnar Whitts

ravel Taraabt

Jones

What you guys think? Could Ravel and Adel work together and bring goals aswell as service to Jones? Looks an exciting prospect to me?

Re: Taarabt

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:00 am

To be honest I'd much prefer we be looking at a few forceful, hard tackling midfielders with a bit of a nasty streak in them who are willing to boss the midfield and take no prisoners.

Fancy dan players like Taarabt have a place in the team for sure but we need midfield steel, not more fairies prancing about.

I don't see Whitts , Gunnar or Pilkington being the midfield enforcer we are crying out for.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:04 am

he looked better in Italy with a slower pace in the tempo....A move to Italy or France would be a good move for him, or even Celtic were he would be the star....He needs star status and will never get that in the PL

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:35 am

Found the crack pipe then :lol:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:41 pm

he wants a move to italy again. can't imagine he wants to play in the championship.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:45 pm

LonCar wrote:he wants a move to italy again. can't imagine he wants to play in the championship.

I did say it was hypothetical.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:47 pm

You couldnt have ravel and taarabt in the samae team. You need to carry taarabt, he will do nothing, sulk, not track back, but offer moments on the ball that are great. We cant afford to carry 2 midfielders in Rav and Tarra, Read Warnocks the gaffer book for a good insight on him.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:14 pm

I can't remember which manager it was at QPR but they used to fine a player if they passed the ball to him in their own half as he would always loose it.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:30 pm

The Daily Mirror believes that Queens Park Rangers have lost patience with Adel Taarabt and he may be headed to Italy where he impressed with AC Milan.

Some eyebrows were raised when Milan signed Taarabt on loan in January, but he turned in an impressive second half of the season.

It appeared for a while that Milan would make the move permanent, but they changed priorities and were always reticent to pay the asking price,

With reports now suggesting that Taarabt's days at QPR really are numbered, two more contenders for his signature have emerged.

Italian newspaper Il Secolo XIX believes that Sampdoria and Fiorentina are both interested in taking a gamble on the volatile Taarabt and may move in January.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:56 pm

We have italian restaurants in cardiff :roll:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:50 pm

np20 wrote:You couldnt have ravel and taarabt in the samae team. You need to carry taarabt, he will do nothing, sulk, not track back, but offer moments on the ball that are great. We cant afford to carry 2 midfielders in Rav and Tarra, Read Warnocks the gaffer book for a good insight on him.

I was thinking that, but using 3 midfielders, and effectively having ravel and tarrabt playing just behind Jones seems to work in my head. I genuinely believe the formation above would be superb, maybe swap Pilks for KD and play the 3 men more central and let Rav and Ad free roam?

Never going to happen, but worth a punt on FM... ;)

Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:50 pm

np20 wrote:You couldnt have ravel and taarabt in the samae team. You need to carry taarabt, he will do nothing, sulk, not track back, but offer moments on the ball that are great. We cant afford to carry 2 midfielders in Rav and Tarra, Read Warnocks the gaffer book for a good insight on him.

I was thinking that, but using 3 midfielders, and effectively having ravel and tarrabt playing just behind Jones seems to work in my head. I genuinely believe the formation above would be superb, maybe swap Pilks for KD and play the 3 men more central and let Rav and Ad free roam?

Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:47 am

JamesC wrote:

Top teams can carry a maverick when he has more skill than the rest, but I don't think you can Carry 2 players.

Defending starts from the front and is infectious. Those 2 aren't interested in that side so you are down to 9, and we struggle with 11.

I don't think it would do anything for morale either. Basically saying that 2 lads can do what they like and you others have to pick up the slack