7 points off an Automatic spot
Leeds and Reading to draw tonight
Win at blackpool
New manager to be announced
I am really sorry if I am being too positive :thumbup:

Agree win against Blackpool then forest and things looking good

Re: " Just a little thought??? "

Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:53 am

A win against Blackpool then its game on :thumbright: A defeat and I will start to worry.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:12 am

Forever Blue wrote:A win against Blackpool then its game on :thumbright: A defeat and I will start to worry.

Agreed, although also still worried by the lack of possession/control we always seem have. We can't expect to win games with 35-45% possession but more worrying having 25+ shots against us.Some decent teams would have scored 3 or 4 last night.I'm just a little worried we're living off scraps but so far have got lucky.
:bluescarf:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:13 am

we are not playing well enough to get promoted, but points are all that matters and with the best goalkeeper by a mile in this league anything is possible when Marshall pulls out stops like he did last night, turns losses into draws, draws into wins, water into wine :D :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:54 am

Then after the Blackpool game we have Forest and Ipswich! Two tricky games. If we can get through those with something then the fixtures are not too bad.

We are now 3 games unbeaten in the league and it's all about building confidence. A few results builds that confidence and then all of a sudden you are on a roll and shooting up the table.

3 points against Blackpool will hopefully be the springboard to build on the last 3 results and we can go into the Forest game looking for a confident performance & 3 points! :bluescarf:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:03 am

ThomasC wrote:we are not playing well enough to get promoted, but points are all that matters and with the best goalkeeper by a mile in this league anything is possible when Marshall pulls out stops like he did last night, turns losses into draws, draws into wins, water into wine :D :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

We said this in our promotion season but Marshall and Hudson were players of the season for a reason.

Forget looking for a team that plays pretty football and gets promoted, it's simply about results. At the moment the results aren't quite good enough but not far off. The time to review will be at the end of November, if we are close to averaging 2 points a game by then we'll be in with a real shot

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:03 am

On last nights performance we're absolutely not promotion material. Agree with Bobby Woodruff's long throw, lack of decent possession and conceding shots on our goal is a worry. Brighton had about 6-7 shots fly high over the bar last night if they had been on target one of those could well have gone in.
Bit disappointed when Pilkington shot straight at their goalie when one on one as well.
I don't think there's been one league game this season where we've had more possession than the opposition, I believe even Huddersfield had more possession than us. No penetration up front is another worry, we don't look like scoring most of the time.
Plenty for Mr Slade to get his teeth into.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:23 am

still worries me brighton had 72 percent of possession first half they have only once won at home all season and we were lucky to get a point

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:31 am

As we have been playing against Boro and Bournemouth etc, we didn't deserve to get promoted at all... lately we've had our backs against the wall a little bit and the lads have reacted and started putting in hard graft which has worked for us. Hell, let the unbeaten run continue and who cares if we're being to positive... need some more of that!!

Just hoping 13 is our lucky number, 13th in the table, 13 points, 13 goals for and 13 against... mind you Leeds have a game in hand so if they win or draw we would get budged down a little.

5 points from the playoffs and seven from automatic... yeah, we can be (if not positive and optimistic) at least happy that we're not in the relegation zone right now.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:30 am

Igovernor wrote:Slowly creeping up the table
13th with 13 points
5 points off a playoff place
Win at blackpool

Personally i dont want to go back into the plastic rip off league.The Championship is far more equal.Every team can beat each other.In the plastic league you cant say that.We all have a fair idea who will be in the top four at the end of the season.No'the championship will do me thanks.TAN OUT. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:47 am

13th with 13 points
Win at blackpool

It's good but we were lucky yesterday, they hit so many shots over the bar and thank god for Marshall....

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:56 am

Pant_yr_awel bluebird wrote:
13th with 13 points
Win at blackpool

Personally i dont want to go back into the plastic rip off league.The Championship is far more equal.Every team can beat each other.In the plastic league you cant say that.We all have a fair idea who will be in the top four at the end of the season.No'the championship will do me thanks.TAN OUT. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

I'd agree with this. I enjoyed a foray into the Prem.. it was nice to be able to say we were there... But I do much prefer the championship... I don;t know why because It's really not BUt it just seems more... I'm going to use the word Honest.

You're right about the prem though... if the winner at the moment was anybody other than Man U Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal it would be a miracle... I remember when Blackburn won in 95 (I think it was 95...) simpler times. when 15 million was the record signing...

Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:41 pm

Blackpool are bottom of the league, have no wins in the league this season and Joe Lewis is their number 1 goalkeeper...

If we lose this one, we are shite and there is no 2 ways about it :lol:

3-0 Cardiff is my prediction... We need to win this game by 2 or more goals, we can't keep scraping wins or holding out for draws if we want promotion :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:43 pm

A win will lighten up the forum :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:38 pm

I just hope it is work in progress and the team are in the gelling mode at the moment and better lay ahead.

Keep the faith :bluescarf:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:29 pm

ThomasC wrote:we are not playing well enough to get promoted, but points are all that matters and with the best goalkeeper by a mile in this league anything is possible when Marshall pulls out stops like he did last night, turns losses into draws, draws into wins, water into wine :D :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

And when he takes a shit he turns out a clean sheet!

(Sorry grange end star)

Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:43 pm

Things can change very quickly in football, it's amazing what confidence can do.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:04 am

Don't get too positive! Blackpool is far from a given. We are the sort of team they beat against the odds! They haven't been turned over massively too often this season so we need to be careful.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:09 pm

wez1927 wrote:
13th with 13 points
Win at blackpool

Only natural that we start to collect more points after the tough start to the season. We should keep in mind that many of the hardest matches this year are behind us and the road ahead is easier. And of course the team is slowly settling and Noone is back. Makes a big difference.

And of course we're climbing the table - a short run of losses and draws in the very beginning will show very clearly the when looking at the table. Shouldn't worry too much about that even now, imho. Even the fans should try and think more one game at a time.

So I don't think you're being too positive. It's realistic if anything, imho.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:17 pm

apocalypse wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
13th with 13 points
Win at blackpool

Only natural that we start to collect more points after the tough start to the season. We should keep in mind that many of the hardest matches this year are behind us and the road ahead is easier. And of course the team is slowly settling and Noone is back. Makes a big difference.

And of course we're climbing the table - a short run of losses and draws in the very beginning will show very clearly the when looking at the table. Shouldn't worry too much about that even now, imho. Even the fans should try and think more one game at a time.

So I don't think you're being too positive. It's realistic if anything, imho.

True, true. We've had a number of tough teams, away from home as well...

A lot more of the easier teams in the future at home and I'm looking forward to a good season.