Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Tan no regrets about changing the club's colour from blu

Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:56 am

the blue path wrote:How can he say malky wouldn't have taken us up without spending 15 million on players he'd taken us to the play offs the season before, shows how little he knows about burnley, palace , Blackpool and Swansea have all been promoted in resent seasons without spending 15 million on players

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:10 am

Wayne S wrote:
Dve wrote:Money is not everything. Hard to tell the players to bleed for a shirt everyone involved in the club seems to hate.

The guy should have been told thanks but no thanks right in the beginning.

Unfortunately in today's game it IS all about money especially if you want to win and get success.

Unless you are Swansea Crystal Palace Southampton and others.Ok'they went into admin.But look at them now.Same colours' same traditions'Premier league football.What have we got.A despised crackpot owner.No traditions and Championship football.I am not aloud to speak my mind about Tan on these forums' so i will leave it at that.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:14 am

ThomasC wrote:
the blue path wrote:How can he say malky wouldn't have taken us up without spending 15 million on players he'd taken us to the play offs the season before, shows how little he knows about burnley, palace , Blackpool and Swansea have all been promoted in resent seasons without spending 15 million on players

Mmm different managers, but with his style of play he needed the money to get us promoted, he was a crap manager without the money :thumbup:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:18 am

pembroke allan wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

Mmm different managers, but with his style of play he needed the money to get us promoted, crap manager without money to spend :thumbup:

That maybe true Allen, Malky was backed in the transfer market whilst other smaller clubs relied on better contacts within the game. Jacks getting Sinclair for cheap was excellent business at the time, made huge profit on him too after he helped them get promoted. :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:28 am

ThomasC wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

Mmm different managers, but with his style of play he needed the money to get us promoted, crap manager without money to spend :thumbup:

That maybe true Allen, Malky was backed in the transfer market whilst other smaller clubs relied on better contacts within the game. Jacks getting Sinclair for cheap was excellent business at the time, made huge profit on him too after he helped them get promoted. :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

That's my point malky was not that good he had style kept to it and that was our downfall! Choice of player's was appalling generally as he dropped several players who he bought? Just don't get the love in with him. Slade gives me far more optimism than he ever did! We made no profit on anyone . :roll: :bluescarf:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:50 am

Buchanan's Exocet wrote:We also got relegated in red.
That was really lucky!

And are also lower in the Championship table than when he came in and changed us to red :P

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:56 am

Tan's an arrogant autocrat. Promoted cos of Red and relegated cos of Malky!The sooner he sells up and gets out the better. We need far more involvement from fans in running the club.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:43 pm

bluemun wrote:We need far more involvement from fans in running the club.

You cannot be serious!? :laughing5: :notworthy:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:31 pm

ThomasC wrote:

How did we do the ten years before without the money ???

It definately helped, no one can deny that.

Re: " VINCENT TANS INTERVIEW PART 3 "

Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:19 am

Vincent Tan wrote:
"I said red's my lucky colour...I'd like to use that and the red dragon (badge)..."

“I didn’t like the bluebird. I said take off the bluebird..."

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:23 am

LONDON: Malaysian billionaire Vincent Tan has said he would not have got involved in Cardiff City if he had foreseen the problems that confronted him but is convinced the story can have a happy ending.

Tan, in the third part of an interview for Sky Sports filmed on his yacht in Malaysia and broadcast on Wednesday, also said he had no regrets about changing the club's shirts from blue to red despite vehement opposition from most of the fans.

He said he had so far invested around 170 million pounds into the club and believed he could still make the club profitable -- although he still did not like having a bluebird on their badge.

Tan, 62, who has an estimated worth of $1.3 billion (802.62 million pounds) according to Forbes magazine, told Sky: "If I had known that it was so difficult and the problems that we faced, maybe I wouldn’t have invested.

http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/Busi ... -club-too/?

Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:22 am

Smart of Tan to always give interviews in his own playground and make the journalist feel like a special guest. Hence, he avoid getting any critical questions. I would like to see him in a real interview for once in meeting with a real journalist.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:32 am

Dve wrote:Smart of Tan to always give interviews in his own playground and make the journalist feel like a special guest. Hence, he avoid getting any critical questions. I would like to see him in a real interview for once in meeting with a real journalist.

Good point Dve.
My thoughts as well when I listened to the 'soft' interview by White.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:17 am

I personally hate the rebrand but also realise without Vincent Tan coming when he did the future was looking bleak because many fans seem to forget HMRC were applying for a winding up order against us. We also had numerous other debts including money owed to small local contractors and to other football clubs on outstanding transfer deals, with no sign of anyone coming in to bail us out!

We can't deny that Vincent Tan has invested heavily and indeed delivered the Premiership 'dream' (All be it short lived) however this has all come at a considerable cost with the Club heavily in debt to Tan and with the loss of our colours and badge :(

In the latest interview he shows a total lack of understanding of our traditions and is quite disdainful of our traditional symbol the Bluebird and when he talks of respect where is HIS respect to OUR colours and tradition?

Yes he has the money and therefore we are virtually powerless to stop him changing things at a whim however he will NEVER have the fan base behind him when he continues to show no understanding of our traditions and the feelings of a large portion of our fan base.

I don't know what the future will hold without Tan and his millions my honest preference would be for him to stay but to change us back to Blue with our traditional badge (Although I realise this has changed many time over the years). If however he insists on us staying in red with the beer mat badge then maybe it is time for him to sell to a investor who will realise that when you take over a football club you respect that Clubs traditions and do not alienate the fans :old: :bluescarf:

Please also keep the 19.27 protest going and lets make it louder and bolder because it's become a little muted recently especially at home! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:22 pm

Anymore interviews on Sky Sports today, or is that the complete interview now ????