We will continue to be overrun

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby kimble » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:57 am

In Midfield whether we play 4 or 5 ..Daehli is too weak on the wing...Noone is still chasing fitness...but the most obvious
is that we have no leader in the middle of the park...we give the ball away too easily...Gunnarsson for all his battling gives away possession..whitts can drift in and out of games Adeyemi gives away possession...Ravel is still not fit and cannot be described as a leader..

.I think the first thing Slade needs to do is find a loan player who can be our leader in the middle of the park...difficult I know ..but we are sadly lacking one
kimble

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: We will continue to be overrun

Postby Blackwood_Bluebird » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:59 am

kimble wrote:In Midfield whether we play 4 or 5 ..Daehli is too weak on the wing...Noone is still chasing fitness...but the most obvious
is that we have no leader in the middle of the park...we give the ball away too easily...Gunnarsson for all his battling gives away possession..whitts can drift in and out of games Adeyemi gives away possession...Ravel is still not fit and cannot be described as a leader..

.I think the first thing Slade needs to do is find a loan player who can be our leader in the middle of the park...difficult I know ..but we are sadly lacking one

Spot on...... Nobody there to grab the game by the scruff... Our midfield is where we are givin it away, slow in possession, not good enough to create anything!
twitter: @bluebird_hdg

[b][color=#0000FF]Please not Trollope
Blackwood_Bluebird

Postby AfricanBluebird » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:31 am

kimble wrote:In Midfield whether we play 4 or 5 ..Daehli is too weak on the wing...Noone is still chasing fitness...but the most obvious

Morrison and Noone are not there to boss the midfield but I agree with your general point - lack of leadership off and on the pitch. So yeah I would say getting in a leader in the middle is critical.

Another thing I think Ole fecked up on is that he bought 3 strikers, none of whom are adequate replacements for Campbell and none with any pace. Sadly for them Slade needs to get rid of 2 strikers and get a decent one in.
AfricanBluebird

Postby CF64 BLUE » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:09 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:

Morrison and Noone are not there to boss the midfield but I agree with your general point - lack of leadership off and on the pitch. So yeah I would say getting in a leader in the middle is critical.

Another thing I think Ole fecked up on is that he bought 3 strikers, none of whom are adequate replacements for Campbell and none with any pace. Sadly for them Slade needs to get rid of 2 strikers and get a decent one in.

Agree totally very weak in the middle of the pitch
CF64 BLUE

Postby LonCar » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:46 am

We are missing that player down the middle that can both win the ball and hold on to it.Basically we are missing medel.

dikgacoi was meant to be the tough guy in the middle. he is a better passer and better ball winner than adeyemi and gunnar when he is fit. Which apparently only happens a few months of the year..
LonCar

Postby sir ninian » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:25 pm

Remember when we first signed Seyi Olifanjani,he was like a man mountain and drove us forward.I know he faded as the season wore on,but it's that type of player we need in the engine room.Sides just walk through us at the moment,hence we get hammered on possession and shots on goal.
sir ninian

Return to General Chat