Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" LEICESTER CITY WANT CARDIFF CITY STAR "

Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:14 pm

Leicester City have been twice to watch Declan John this season.

They would of liked to have seen more of him.

They are preparing a bid in January.

How much do you value Declan?

Would you sell him?

Re: " LEICESTER CITY WANT CARDIFF CITY STAR "

Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:17 pm

Shocked by this, he still has a lot to learn.

Depends whether Slade thinks he can help develop it.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:19 pm

Star is not a term I'd use to associate Declan John

Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Leicester City have been twice to watch Declan John this season.

Would you sell him?

Value?? Lucky to get £1m if club are "happy" to see him go, but worth more than that in "potential" alone ;)

Would I sell him personally?? No, as it's not a good time to sell any of our players TBH, Annis :(

Do I rate him?? No better than Adam Matthews was (IMHO) and gives the ball away a lot more, but I think the potential (that word again! :laughing6: ) is there! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:22 pm

I would say £3m plus. 50% selling on fee.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:22 pm

we must demand a big sell on clause no matter what!

Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:26 pm

I hope Slade plays him on the wing where he belongs he is no left back. :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:18 am

Rydogsccfc wrote:I hope Slade plays him on the wing where he belongs he is no left back. :ayatollah:

Been saying this for a while :thumbup:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:54 am

Forever Blue wrote:Leicester City have been twice to watch Declan John this season.

Would you sell him?

Annis as u know he's only on about £5,000 per week the lowest compared to the others - leicester will get him for £3-5m Tan will sell him they not prepared to offer him a new deal like they did for Mason and he went from £8000 to £10,000 a week new contract. John agent knows leicester are interested are prepared to double him wages minimum and to think we would have most prob got more money when Spurs we interested in him not so long ago, U can't blame john for going he wants to play in the premier league which will give him a better chance with the Welsh team and think Nigel Pearson will be able to make him into a Better player and seems to give youth a chance.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:34 am

Its a tricky one this. The only reason i would keep him is because of his potential value. those people saying play him on the wing, i cant understand why? When he does go forward he never ever puts a cross in, he turns back and passes back, just put your boot through it son. Suppose its up to slade if he wants to sell or not. Id also say Adam Mathews was a much much better player when he was with us.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:51 am

Id keep him, he's still a bit raw, I don't see him as a left back and i would like to see him pushed further forward! He's young an he's welsh!

Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:28 am

I'd be amazed. Not anywhere near a PL player.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:42 am

Think this is key, if they had they might not still be interested.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:45 am

the same scenario, any other squad member who was not an academy graduate and Welsh, there would be the queue of drivers willing to give him a lift up to the midlands

Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:50 am

Furthermore, Declan is a player not a star * for star status you really should do something on a regular basis other than looking out of your depth every appearance

Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:52 am

prove me and others wrong Declan :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: I feel bad saying all that now!!

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:07 am

load of potential, very raw, reminds me of adam matthews, who we should never have let go! dont sell need to keep our welsh boys, sick of scandanavion imports and quick fixs who never amount to anything! :bluescarf:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:21 am

Let him go out on loan and call back Mcnaughton. John has everything needed to become a top quality full back, but he needs matches.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:24 am

Nowhere near as good as Matthews was at the same age.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:26 am

If I think of who I'd rather have on the left, at LB it would be Fabio and LW it would be Daehli (although his last performance slipped)...

maybe move Daehli central and have John on the wing... but I've never been overawed by him.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:02 am

Keep him! But he needs games to develop, seems like he isn't gonna get that here.If Leicester think they can use him then he can go there on loan.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:49 am

Declan John in a Fullback or Wingback postion, id sell him for whatever we can get. Declan John playing as a Winger, i wouldnt even dream of selling him. Weve always played the kid in the wrong position. Hope Slade notices this and tries him as a winger where i think he will flourish.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:05 am

1 million or above and they can have him.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:10 am

he's got potential and there's a shortage of left backs in this country. i'm not surprised leicester are having a look at him despite some of the stick he gets off here :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:33 pm

Kanester wrote:Its a tricky one this. The only reason i would keep him is because of his potential value. those people saying play him on the wing, i cant understand why? When he does go forward he never ever puts a cross in, he turns back and passes back, just put your boot through it son. Suppose its up to slade if he wants to sell or not. Id also say Adam Mathews was a much much better player when he was with us.

NEVER puts a cross in ???????

He puts in excellent crosses all of the time. Its a common tactic these days to dummy the cross and prod it back to a supporting player e.g. Whittington...Bellamy did it all the time.

Sometimes its pointless crossing if we have no centre forward !

I remember Declan sticking over a super left footer from the corner flag, on the run for Wales ...on his debut I think.

.....and he was the only attacking weapon we had against Bournemnouth. A brilliant run and cross that found Macheda's offside diving head, for the disallowed goal.
Declan, and other players, are only young and talented. Dont undermine their confidence on here with drivel.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:57 pm

Phew!
When I read this, I thought that Leicester were after one of our better players :o

I hope they don't come in for our other star players like Dikgacoi, Kim Bo and Burgstaller!

Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:18 pm

John is great, a really attacking Left Back or LM that has some great skill and looks a natural on the ball. Don't want to see him go, and want to him to get more games if anything.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:21 pm

He should be out on loan this season.

Around 500k and a sell on clause and I think that would be acceptable.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:30 pm

On the fence with this, really don't know. :oops:

Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:51 am

I wouldn't sell him.
Why would we? I reckon we wouldn't get much over a mill & what good would that do, reduce Tans money put in from £170 million to £169 million?
Showing good potential. He's just a kid I'd keep him.