Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " HALF THE JOB DONE NOW FINISH IT FRIDAY "

Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:20 am

Forever Blue wrote:
For me anything less than a win at Blackpool tells me, we are not serious contenders for top 2.

Absolutely agree with you on that. :thumbright:
Blackpool has played 10 games - lost 7, drawn 3 and only scored 5 times!
Their Home record is shit - played 5, drawn 1 (Wolves), lost 4 (to blackburn, brentford, watford, norwich).

Although we have not yet won an away league game - This is the day to do it and would expect nothing but 3 points. :bluescarf:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:35 am

CardiffBatman888 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
For me anything less than a win at Blackpool tells me, we are not serious contenders for top 2.

Their Home record is shit - played 5, drawn 1 (Wolves), lost 4 (to blackburn, brentford, watford, norwich).

Although we have not yet won an away league game - This is the day to do it and would expect nothing but 3 points. :bluescarf:

True True. I am really really hoping for a win here. Away from home is tricky but against the lowest team in the league, and with the way we CAN play (if they put the effort in) we have to smash them... somewhere in the region of 2-0/3-0

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:34 am

GSO Cardiff City wrote:
CardiffBatman888 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

True True. I am really really hoping for a win here. Away from home is tricky but against the lowest team in the league, and with the way we CAN play (if they put the effort in) we have to smash them... somewhere in the region of 2-0/3-0

I'll take a 1-0 :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:56 am

CardiffBatman888 wrote:
GSO Cardiff City wrote:
CardiffBatman888 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I'll take a 1-0 :ayatollah:

I'd take it!! grab it with both bloody hands! but I'm hopefu :bluescarf: l we can increase our GD a bit more

Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:37 pm

CardiffBatman888 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

100% nothing less/No excuses :thumbright: :thumbright:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:38 pm

GSO Cardiff City wrote:
CardiffBatman888 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I will take 1 nil to Cardiff No problem at all :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:40 pm

GSO Cardiff City wrote:A lucky away point, I think everybody agrees. But it;s great to see us actually fighting for the ball again and not pulling out of 50/50 challenges.

The football wasn't great, but as long as the lads try their best, that's all I ever ask.

I think you're right, Daehli was off tonight. I still think he's one of our better players but he certainly wasn't the shining star against Brighton (I think that has to go to Marshall!)

A point is a point, especially away from home, and the boys have got some of the passion back that was severely lacking against Boro and Bournemouth...

Fairly sure myself that Slade has had a hand in events in the last games. The turnaround with focus, direction and determination has been massive, seemingly out of nowhere. I think Slade as amanager with Gabbidon and Young under him, we might go far

As for formation... I'm hoping for a 4-4-1-1 or a simple 4-4-2... but then I've always been an old fashioned bugger.

Totally with you on your post, other than,I am very very unsure how far the present management can go? ? But they have my full support :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:25 pm

I think it's positive in a way to know that Slade is behind the scenes getting involved with selection etc, all this time with him not being done and announced it's easier for him to look at the team.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:33 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:I think it's positive in a way to know that Slade is behind the scenes getting involved with selection etc, all this time with him not being done and announced it's easier for him to look at the team.

Dando, I have to totally agree with that, as he will be our manager, may as well have already started :thumbright:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:I think it's positive in a way to know that Slade is behind the scenes getting involved with selection etc, all this time with him not being done and announced it's easier for him to look at the team.

Dando, I have to totally agree with that, as he will be our manager, may as well have already started :thumbright:

He been to 2 of our games so he must have some good ideas in mind and I think he will get the team right, only issue is the look and fitness with some.. Hopefully he will use Le Fondre or Maynard if they get the chances in the right position and with the right striker to play alongside.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Agree with everything you say Annis.

Good result in the end tonight, we must win on Friday. Blackpool haven't won yet.

Ned :thumbright:

Agree - :thumbup: