Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who was your man of the match v Brighton away?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:04 pm

David Marshall
82%
John Brayford
No votes
Bruno Manga
2%
Sean Morrison
No votes
Fabio
13%
Anthony Pilkington
No votes
Aron Gunnarsson
No votes
Peter Whittingham
No votes
Tom Adeyemi
No votes
Mats Daehli
No votes
Kenwyne Jones
4%
Craig Noone (sub)
No votes
Ravel Morrison (sub)
No votes
Kiko Macheda (sub)
No votes

Total votes : 55

MOTM v Brighton & Hove Albion (a)

Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:04 pm

Really good point I feel today, we were under a lot of pressure from Brighton. Good point to take :thumbright:

But who was your man of the match?

Don't forget, the player from each match with the most MOTM votes will go into a Player of the Month poll. The winner will be who gets the most POTM votes, and this forum will be presenting an award to the winner :ayatollah:

48 hours to vote :ayatollah:

Re: MOTM v Brighton & Hove Albion (a)

Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:07 pm

Marshall without a doubt. Would have lost 6-1 if it wasn't for him.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:16 pm

Slight exaggeration with the 6-1 imo but 3 or 4 good saves by him.
Brighton didn't seem to have their shooting boots on tonight, lost count of the number of shots they skied.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:30 pm

David Marshall without a doubt :thumbright: :thumbright:

Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:59 pm

Marshall has been player of the month for the past few years. He got that point tonight by stopping all but one of their chances as he has done for the club since he arrived.

That was definitely a point gained and not 2 lost.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:04 pm

Marshall was also very good tonight but Fabio for me edges him he ran his bollocks off tonight. :ayatollah:
Last edited by Rydogsccfc on Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:04 pm

Says it all when ur keeper is man of the match....

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:09 pm

Marshall, Kenwyne, Fabio in that order

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:12 pm

Fabio has the record for the most votes in a single match. He got 100 votes against Wigan at home.

Could Marshall beat that before Thursday night?

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:36 pm

nut19740 wrote:Marshall, Kenwyne, Fabio in that order

I'd go with that. Since the season-proper started, its the midfield that has been my main overall concern and still is. The best 40 mins we have played as a performing unit was the first half at Blackburn away where we linked up effectively. We still don't appear to be playing to a clear system and I guess (and hope) that this will be addressed with Slade's appointment. I think we're beginning to see the emerging regular core 11 and I was also pleased to see the start of some quickfire passing play in the attacking third against Sheffield where previously we have run out of ideas. So you have fancy 3pts v Blackpool and then heads firmly down for Russell to galvanise the squad into a hard working performing unit during the international break. I also think (apart from Bournemouth) that Youngy and Gabbs have done a good job given they were parachuted into the difficult caretaker positions at the 11th hour so respect to them both. I couldn't be there tonight so a safe journey home to all our fantastic away support.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:55 pm

Marshall without a doubt.

You were very well organized and defended with 9 and with Marshall in the goal he made the difference. Another team there for the taking and couldn't find away past Marshall and it's becoming a habit at ours.

Every time we play someone at home their keeper turns in a performance that Pat Jennings would be proud off. You had no intention of attacking with any purpose and were happy to sit back, with your team that is pretty shocking, Noone, jones, Whittingham, it seems you came for a point and got it through a goalkeeping error (again), very frustrating, again, but i thought that we looked really good in the 2nd half and if it wasn't for Marshall then think we'd have won comfortably.

Hope you all enjoyed the game who traveled and hope you've all made it home safely.

Off up the wooden steps as I'm shattered.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:23 pm

Brighton & hove Albion wrote:Marshall without a doubt.

You were very well organized and defended with 9 and with Marshall in the goal he made the difference. Another team there for the taking and couldn't find away past Marshall and it's becoming a habit at ours.

Every time we play someone at home their keeper turns in a performance that Pat Jennings would be proud off. You had no intention of attacking with any purpose and were happy to sit back, with your team that is pretty shocking, Noone, jones, Whittingham, it seems you came for a point and got it through a goalkeeping error (again), very frustrating, again, but i thought that we looked really good in the 2nd half and if it wasn't for Marshall then think we'd have won comfortably.

Hope you all enjoyed the game who traveled and hope you've all made it home safely.

Off up the wooden steps as I'm shattered.

I think the second half we were going for the 3 points, it showed in how we played and the changes we made.

Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:20 am

Well I got Marshal right :lol: :ayatollah: