Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sean Morrison

Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:46 pm

Nearly cost us at the death by firstly, missing the header which a commanding 6'4 centre back should eat up and secondly, giving it away in his own box leading to their shot. Brighton put lots of crosses in the box tonight which someone like Hudson, with his positional sense and reading of the game would have headed away.

Unfortunately, I noticed the other 3 defenders had to do a lot of covering when Morrison was nowhere to be seen at times. Fabio in particular put in another heroic display with his energy, covering and tenacious tackling.

I agreed with Morrison starting tonight as he scored Saturday, was on a high and I believe you should stick to playing happy, confident players after a good result. But after tonight's showing, I would put Connolly straight back into the team at Blackpool.

Re: Sean Morrison

Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:01 pm

Our defence did look really dodgy tonight fair play.
Looks a big mistake letting Hudson go now, roll on Ben turner being back too

Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:42 pm

BlueMagic wrote:Our defence did look really dodgy tonight fair play.
Looks a big mistake letting Hudson go now, roll on Ben turner being back too

Agreed, I thought Brayford had a few concentration lapses too which almost cost us. I thought Manga and Fabio were excellent again mind.

Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:29 pm

Just got back from Blackpool and he was a liability again! Their player simply walked around Morrison before sticking it in the back of the net. Morrison made many errors yet again, basic errors that put us on the back foot. He is 6'4 but gets beaten in the air, he isn't the dominant, commanding centre back he should be for his size, he constantly looks unsure and indecisive and he gets beaten way too easily. Get Connolly back in the team asap. I said it at the time and I will say it again, what a mistake letting Hudson go!

Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:03 pm

Really unconvinced by him. The sooner we can get Turner back in shot the better. But before then I'd get Connolly there instead. I think he's going to cost us big this season

Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:07 pm

He isn't very good from what I've seen.

Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:37 pm

useless not fit to lace Hudson's boots

Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:36 pm

Terrible player, waste of money should of kept Hudson.

Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:23 am

Connolly and Manga at CB until Turner gets back. Don't like to slag our players off, but Morrison looks wank, he's so slow he makes Hudson look like Usain Bolt. Well done Ole! :oops:

Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:52 am

The Blackpool goal was his fault, simple as. Come back Big Ben Turner. The man just loves defending and gives all he's got every game.

Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:59 pm

We have Manga, Turner and Connolly who in my opinion are first choice CB's then we also have Gabbidon, Cala and Morrison.

Hudson isnt needed, injury prone and to old to be 4th choice.