Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Does anyone else feel We need a striker?

Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:23 pm

We need a top class finisher someone like a 23/24 year old Chopra at his best as a minimum. or better

The only one who's upto it is Jones and he's not a big hitter we can't expect Miracles or rely solely on him but its nice contributing.

Macheda and Guerra their hearts aren't in it to perform well enough to gain promotion, Le Fondre potentially has more to come
Maynard doesnt look after himself well enough to ever be the player he once was. Poor Diet and he either doesn't want it bad enough, or has give up because his dreams of premiership football are over in his own mind.

That leaves us with a problem.

In my controversial opinion

:bluescarf:

Re: Does anyone else feel We need a striker?

Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:37 pm

Games kind of moved on from the poacher, strikers need to be more rounded and have link up play rather than just finishing. It's why Jones is key, Macheda and Guerra will hopefully come on but who knows. A reassessment in Jan would be needed.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:47 pm

[quote="sloper_road_legend"]We need a top class finisher someone like a 23/24 year old Chopra at his best as a minimum. or better

The only one who's upto it is Jones and he's not a big hitter we can't expect Miracles or rely solely on him but its nice contributing.

Macheda and Guerra their hearts aren't in it to perform well enough to gain promotion, Le Fondre potentially has more to come
Maynard doesnt look after himself well enough to ever be the player he once was. Poor Diet and he either doesn't want it bad enough, or has give up because his dreams of premiership football are over in his own mind.

You are so spot on - we have not had a striker score score 10 goals or more for 2 seasons now - let alone 20 in a season.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:10 am

sloper_road_legend wrote:We need a top class finisher someone like a 23/24 year old Chopra at his best as a minimum. or better

We have got a Striker and he's on loan and I will have a bet with anyone that he will score more goes for Bolton than what will Maynard and some of the so called strikers we have at our club. If you don't agree take me on and name the player you want to back against my man MASON.

If I was Slade would recall him in January if we can and say ollie was in the right frame of mind he was delusional and sent the wrong player out on loan but you can have maynard as an apology

Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:20 am

We got one in guerra. He hasent been given a chance and if he had a run of games I bet he would start banging the goals in. Sort it out slade

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:43 am

LoneRanger44 wrote:
sloper_road_legend wrote:We need a top class finisher someone like a 23/24 year old Chopra at his best as a minimum. or better

We have got a Striker and he's on loan and I will have a bet with anyone that he will score more goes for Bolton than what will Maynard and some of the so called strikers we have at our club. If you don't agree take me on and name the player you want to back against my man MASON.

If I was Slade would recall him in January if we can and say ollie was in the right frame of mind he was delusional and sent the wrong player out on loan but you can have maynard as an apology

That´s an easy bet. Mason is playing. Maynard is not. Based on pre-season, it seemed reasonable to let Mason go before any of the others. Why do people always think that the players gone would have done so much better.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:46 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:

You are so spot on - we have not had a striker score score 10 goals or more for 2 seasons now - let alone 20 in a season.

Did you have anyone in mind? :laughing6:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:34 am

BlueMagic wrote:We got one in guerra. He hasent been given a chance and if he had a run of games I bet he would start banging the goals in. Sort it out slade

I agree, jones is great at what he does but he limits the way we play.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:30 pm

Guerra is are best and most technical striker but not given a chance. He may not be a great trainer but if he can perform on match day I don't care one little bit

Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:10 pm

Have a good look in the cupboard, I'm sure we signed a few in the summer.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:47 pm

jon1959 wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

Did you have anyone in mind? :laughing6:

;) :oops: :oops: