Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Negative selection and madness

Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:08 pm

That ravel Morrison has been left out of this team tonight after his impact Saturday when he came on.

No ambition to win the game for me. Very poor management.

Re: Negative selection and madness

Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:20 pm

Whinge whinge whinge. Let the game pan out and see what happens. We have a strong attacking bench, so judge them after 90 mins.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:24 pm

Have we actually had the ball yet?

Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:28 pm

I see that picking players in their best positions didn't last long.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:37 pm

Shocking that we have a player of his quality on the bench when we clearly need his presence to try and help in midfield

makes me angry when teams have fear away from home,
most teams that come to CCS these days dick all over us and create even if not more amount of chances than we do

we can do the same

Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:39 pm

I only watched the last 15 minutes, but apart from Brayford getting skinned leading to a shot just across goal and a few crosses going into our box the last couple of minutes, City look very comfortable and are the better team. I don't see any players being played out of position?

Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:40 pm

Bluebird_87 wrote:Whinge whinge whinge. Let the game pan out and see what happens. We have a strong attacking bench, so judge them after 90 mins.

Yeh exactly we have a strong bench! Hence our best player being on the bench now where is the sense in that? Like I said madness.
Gunnarsson should be playing deeper and Morrison should be in his role trying to win us this game, we need to win these type of games not fanny about going for a draw. We need to go for it second half Morrison won't only help us start keeping possession and passing the ball about, but he will create and add massively to our goal scoring threat, madness again why he isn't already on the pitch

Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:42 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I only watched the last 15 minutes, but apart from Brayford getting skinned leading to a shot just across goal and a few crosses going into our box the last couple of minutes, City look very comfortable and are the better team. I don't see any players being played out of position?

So you think Daelhi is a winger and Gunnarson a support striker?

Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:47 pm

Blue Legend wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I only watched the last 15 minutes, but apart from Brayford getting skinned leading to a shot just across goal and a few crosses going into our box the last couple of minutes, City look very comfortable and are the better team. I don't see any players being played out of position?

Daehli has played most of his games on the wing for us. He's a better option than Noone tonight as Noone isn't match fit and 2 games in 3 games is too much.

Gunnarsson isn't playing as a support striker, but with Adeyemi and Whittingham holding, Gunnarsson is driving forwards as he's the only centre midfielder at the club who has the engine to do a box to box role.

I see nothing wrong whatsoever with our line up and we have been the better team from what I've seen during the last 15 minutes of the half.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:02 pm

BlueMagic wrote:
Bluebird_87 wrote:Whinge whinge whinge. Let the game pan out and see what happens. We have a strong attacking bench, so judge them after 90 mins.

Yeh exactly we have a strong bench! Hence our best player being on the bench now where is the sense in that? Like I said madness.
Gunnarsson should be playing deeper and Morrison should be in his role trying to win us this game, we need to win these type of games not fanny about going for a draw. We need to go for it second half Morrison won't only help us start keeping possession and passing the ball about, but he will create and add massively to our goal scoring threat, madness again why he isn't already on the pitch

The reason he's not on the pitch, same as last week is because he hasn't played football in a long time, he needs to be eased in as he's lacking match fitness. He won't last longer than half hour at present.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:03 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Blue Legend wrote:

Daehli has played most of his games on the wing for us. He's a better option than Noone tonight as Noone isn't match fit and 2 games in 3 games is too much.

Gunnarsson isn't playing as a support striker, but with Adeyemi and Whittingham holding, Gunnarsson is driving forwards as he's the only centre midfielder at the club who has the engine to do a box to box role.

I see nothing wrong whatsoever with our line up and we have been the better team from what I've seen during the last 15 minutes of the half.

I prefer not to comment mate, some of our fans are so simple on times. We're away from home, playing Daehli out wide allowed Adeyemi to come in and make a more solid three in midfield. Gunnars plays infront of Whitts and Adeyemi because his work rate and dogged work is designed to stop the opposition having the option to get control of the midfield battle and gets us to press high up the pitch. He's not playing as a out and out no'10 like Daehli and Morrison are capable of playing by getting on the ball and creating chances.

Whether it's right or wrong is all down to opinion I suppose but we've done this away twice now and we've picked up two points so personally I'm not complaining. :bluescarf:

Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:07 pm

GotMeSingingTheBlues wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Blue Legend wrote:

I prefer not to comment mate, some of our fans are so simple on times. We're away from home, playing Daehli out wide allowed Adeyemi to come in and make a more solid three in midfield. Gunnars plays infront of Whitts and Adeyemi because his work rate and dogged work is designed to stop the opposition having the option to get control of the midfield battle and gets us to press high up the pitch. He's not playing as a out and out no'10 like Daehli and Morrison are capable of playing by getting on the ball and creating chances.

Whether it's right or wrong is all down to opinion I suppose but we've done this away twice now and we've picked up two points so personally I'm not complaining. :bluescarf:

Excellent post. I thought our performance dipped when Adeyemi went off. We seemed to lose our competitive edge in the middle and this allowed Brighton to come at us, work the ball wide and get balls into our box.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:10 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Blue Legend wrote:

Excellent post. I thought our performance dipped when Adeyemi went off. We seemed to lose our competitive edge in the middle and this allowed Brighton to come at us, work the ball wide and get balls into our box.

Actually our possession rate went up. Can't win nothing when we have these players in the middle of the park that can't hold on to the ball. Adeyemi looks great athlete but his ability on the ball is very poor. You got him and Gunnar in the middle neither creative nor able to pass the ball well. It's bs.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:16 pm

LonCar wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Blue Legend wrote:

Actually our possession rate went up. Can't win nothing when we have these players in the middle of the park that can't hold on to the ball. Adeyemi looks great athlete but his ability on the ball is very poor. You got him and Gunnar in the middle neither creative nor able to pass the ball well. It's bs.

I'm really surprised with that stat as it was one way traffic towards the end and Ravel barely got a touch. Adeyemi isn't the finished article by any means but I thought his power, energy and mobility at least helped nullify Brighton's attacking options, although he did give it away at times.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:40 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
LonCar wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Blue Legend wrote:

I'm really surprised with that stat as it was one way traffic towards the end and Ravel barely got a touch. Adeyemi isn't the finished article by any means but I thought his power, energy and mobility at least helped nullify Brighton's attacking options, although he did give it away at times.

I am surprised you think adeyemi was mobile and energetic, he looked slow and sluggish to me.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:23 pm

Don't get me wrong I prefer to see us set up like Saturday with two sitting and Daehli/Morrison playing in an attacking no'10 role but away from home against a team like Brighton (or Derby for that matter) who like to move the the ball, it makes sense to try and stifle the midfield. Hopefully on Friday we'll look to get on the front foot and try and control the midfield ourselves rather than try and contain them. We need to be looking for 3 points, it's our best opportunity to get our first away win of the season. :bluescarf:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:52 pm

GotMeSingingTheBlues wrote:Don't get me wrong I prefer to see us set up like Saturday with two sitting and Daehli/Morrison playing in an attacking no'10 role but away from home against a team like Brighton (or Derby for that matter) who like to move the the ball, it makes sense to try and stifle the midfield. Hopefully on Friday we'll look to get on the front foot and try and control the midfield ourselves rather than try and contain them. We need to be looking for 3 points, it's our best opportunity to get our first away win of the season. :bluescarf:

The thing is it doesnt actually work though. This idea that players such as adeyemi and gunnar in the middle helps stifle the midfield is not accurate, we were overrun last night, they had like 28 shots at goal vs our 9, they had 60 odd % possession, and majority of corners. We were lucky to get a draw.
I think we need to find a different approach.