' Le Fondre..... ? '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Le Fondre..... ? '

Postby dazza » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:45 pm

Anybody else heard he wants out and that he's made a big mistake in leaving Reading?

Just a story I heard on Sat, and it's strange he's not in today's team.
dazza

' Le Fondre..... ? '

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Le Fondre.....

Postby arri potta » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:51 pm

dazza wrote:Anybody else heard he wants out and that he's made a big mistake in leaving Reading?

Just a story I heard on Sat, and it's strange he's not in today's team.

I'll drive him back tonight! :thumbup:
arri potta

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:36 pm

Not been given a run of games ( IMO ) .
TopCat CCFC

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:39 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Not been given a run of games ( IMO ) .

No outfield players were given a run of games under Ole. But some knuckled down and got on with it, which I guess shows which players have the correct attitude, and which players have the wrong attitude.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:50 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

No outfield players were given a run of games under Ole. But some knuckled down and got on with it, which I guess shows which players have the correct attitude, and which players have the wrong attitude.

Was played out of position from the Blackburn game - OLE's words on Sky Sports .
TopCat CCFC

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:53 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Was played out of position from the Blackburn game - OLE's words on Sky Sports .

When did Ole say that? Ole seems to be taking on Tan with some of his comments! Do you think Ole is saying Tan requested Le Fondre to play midfield at Blackburn?
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:05 pm

Reading fans have told me he will kick off if he doesn't play often.

So can't say I'm surprised, if what you say is true.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby LonCar » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:13 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

To be fair he is far from the only person that was or is being played out of position.
LonCar

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:14 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

When did Ole say that? Ole seems to be taking on Tan with some of his comments! Do you think Ole is saying Tan requested Le Fondre to play midfield at Blackburn?

Here we go - hit the interview button below the one of the back of Jordan Rhodes -

Listen to what OLE had to say to where he played ALF -

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live ... 767/report
TopCat CCFC

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:17 pm

LonCar wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

To be fair he is far from the only person that was or is being played out of position.

He hasn't played the last few games,and has come on as sub the games before ???
How has he had a chance to play in his correct position OR get a game for that matter ???
TopCat CCFC

Postby LonCar » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:34 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
LonCar wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

How has he had a chance to play in his correct position OR get a game for that matter ???

I understand, I am just saying that a lot of them has been played out of position. A lot of them have played in various different positions and been in and out of the team.
LonCar

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:36 pm

LonCar wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
LonCar wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

I understand, I am just saying that a lot of them has been played out of position. A lot of them have played in various different positions.

Agree that players have played out of position - But ALF has hardly stared -
TopCat CCFC

Postby Wolfpac » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:44 pm

Yes he's had enough and wants him, missus and 2 daughters to move back to Reading, however that is unlikely to happen, he's also got family based in Swindon so is often seen down that way
Wolfpac

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:49 pm

If true and he wants out - best of luck to him. Wanted to come to us,but was never given the time to show what he could do.

Take a look at his games played and goals scored in his career -

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/playe ... r_id=38355
TopCat CCFC

Postby PartyWithOle » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:57 pm

Throw him in already. Fed up of one of the most clinical and prolific strikers in the league not being given a real chance
PartyWithOle

Re: ' Le Fondre..... ? '

Postby NIBluebird » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:46 pm

Wait until Slade comes in. Every player will and should be offered an olive branch!

Long way to go to January.

Reading needed money, cant see him going back on big salary decrease
NIBluebird

Postby GrangeEndStar » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:46 pm

In truth, no-one knows how good this squad is as its just so big. Its difficult to establish, for want of a better word, the best chemistry of our core 11 and subs and I think this is down to OGS's intended rotational large squad play system, which has bitten us in the arse. That said, I do feel that there is overall quality available, so the challenge is quickly establishing the best team for Slade's intended system and I guess there's going to be fallout which is natural. ALF was prolific last season and Guerra looked very promising but without reasonable gametime, you just can't realise potential and whilst we have strength in depth, once the core is established then fringe players will want to go. I'll be fully behind our new manager as will all fans but this is when a Pulis-like regime would be a preferred option, as he seems to get to this performing core unit in an instant. This is not going to happen of course but I will back Slade to the hilt to get this done. I also don't want to see proven players like ALF leave, who would clearly be an asset to us in the right set-up as its a waste. It's an odd situation to be in - all this quality but picking who is the best of the best for a preferred system of an incoming manager who has inherited a hand-picked squad but not of his own? It's not a bad problem to be honest but it needs to be done quickly as although we have quality, we are playing against established Championship sides who have been playing as a team for some time and at this level, a solid performing team often beats ones of better quality but are disparate. Night Y'All.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby RFMH » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:31 am

Needs to be played when the team is doing well and we are creating chances. No point throwing him in when he wont get an opportunity. Maybe in a 442 with Jones against Blackpool would be a good option
RFMH

Postby Nemo » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:41 am

RFMH wrote:Needs to be played when the team is doing well and we are creating chances. No point throwing him in when he wont get an opportunity. Maybe in a 442 with Jones against Blackpool would be a good option

I don't think we have the central midfield players to allow us to play 442. Whenever we do we get over-run. The improvement under Gabbs/Young is partly due to the adoption of 451 (and I suspect, partly due to sheer relief at the departure of Ole).

The best hope for Alf and the other forwards behind Jones in the pecking order
is a switch to 352. We have the players for that and I would like to see it but as far as I am aware it isn't in Slade's playbook.
Nemo

Postby RFMH » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:18 am

Nemo wrote:
RFMH wrote:Needs to be played when the team is doing well and we are creating chances. No point throwing him in when he wont get an opportunity. Maybe in a 442 with Jones against Blackpool would be a good option

I don't think we have the central midfield players to allow us to play 442. Whenever we do we get over-run. The improvement under Gabbs/Young is partly due to the adoption of 451 (and I suspect, partly due to sheer relief at the departure of Ole).

is a switch to 352. We have the players for that and I would like to see it but as far as I am aware it isn't in Slade's playbook.

True but we are playing the worst team In the league, who can't play their number 1 GK Who have 1 point at home since March. 30mins at the end or 60mins at the start of 442 shouldn't really cause too much issue.
RFMH

Postby dazza » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:55 pm

RFMH wrote:
Nemo wrote:

True but we are playing the worst team In the league, who can't play their number 1 GK Who have 1 point at home since March. 30mins at the end or 60mins at the start of 442 shouldn't really cause too much issue.

As you've just said that....I'm going for a Blackpool win on Friday.
dazza

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:24 pm

We don't need to Maynard and Le Fondre

Personally I'd send Maynard out and have Le Fondre on bench.
2blue2handle

Postby Denzil » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:40 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Reading fans have told me he will kick off if he doesn't play often.

So can't say I'm surprised, if what you say is true.

He didn't seem to mind when reading were in the premier league and he was on big bucks ;)
Denzil

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:50 pm

Le Fondre is a proven goal scorer who would score for fun at this level.

He has not had the opportunity to show what he can do because in the few games he has played he has been played out of position. He has played only 1 game as a striker. He should play alongside Jones at home in a 4-4-2.

He scored 54 goals in 96 Rotherham appearances.

He scored 39 goals in 104 Reading appearances ( many in the Premier League & many of the appearances being as a sub).

He has not had a look in at Cardiff due to Ole wanting to change the team every fame and playing people out if position.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby Wolfpac » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:44 pm

Le Fondre is a confidence player, when he's brimming with confidence he's unplayable but when he's not playing enough games, his attitude and work rate drop.

Unfortunately with us looking to play a 4-5-1 with Jones uptop, I don't see ALF having a look in and even if Slade adopts a 4-4-4-4-2 he may look to place Macheda up top.

Simple really, Slade sort ALF out, play him week in week out and see us grab the goals.
Wolfpac

Postby RFMH » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:14 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Le Fondre is a confidence player, when he's brimming with confidence he's unplayable but when he's not playing enough games, his attitude and work rate drop.

Unfortunately with us looking to play a 4-5-1 with Jones uptop, I don't see ALF having a look in and even if Slade adopts a 4-4-4-4-2 he may look to place Macheda up top.

Simple really, Slade sort ALF out, play him week in week out and see us grab the goals.

Best formation ever.
RFMH

Return to General Chat