Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Russell Slade at the services

Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:24 pm

Met with our fans, took a lot of time out to pose for photos and came across as a genuine guy

Re: Russell Slade at the services

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:02 am

PartyWithOle wrote:Met with our fans, took a lot of time out to pose for photos and came across as a genuine guy

He is likeable, I have watched a few interviews with him and he will win over the fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:07 am

ThomasC wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:Met with our fans, took a lot of time out to pose for photos and came across as a genuine guy

He is likeable, I have watched a few interviews with him and he will win over the fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Not if he loses his first few games. I think the fans will give less time than our previous managers.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:17 am

I'm amazed how you never get a new manager at any club who, when meeting with fans, comes across as a bit of a cock, won't chat or have pictures taken. ;)

Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:32 pm

He seems like a nice bloke. Our last manager did too. I bet he is pretty nervous as he must know if he doesn't turn our season back in the right direction he will get everyone on his back.

I hope he does well. It is a weird appointment though as it seems like such a risk if Tan really wants his boys in red back in the Premier League.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:51 pm

Before he has taken over, he is being judged. To me, that is totally understandable as every Cardiff fan expected a big appointment with someone like Pulis taking over.
He has huge expectations from our fans and VT. He needs to get up promoted in his 1st season or I can see him getting the chop too.
Mind you, even if Slade took over near the end of the season and it wasn't even possible to get promoted, Tan would still sack Slade for not getting 5 points for a win! :roll:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:55 pm

The only thing that would make this whole nightmare bearable for me would be for Slade to screw up and Tan take over the manager role himself. That would be comedy gold.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:58 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:The only thing that would make this whole nightmare bearable for me would be for Slade to screw up and Tan take over the manager role himself. That would be comedy gold.

:old:
He was one of the favorites to take over from Malky... You never know! haha

Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:46 pm

:lol: what did the fans expect? Him to say no and ignore them and tell them to f**k off?! :D

Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:59 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote::lol: what did the fans expect? Him to say no and ignore them and tell them to f**k off?! :D

No DJ didn't get it :lol:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:42 pm

Wayne S wrote:I'm amazed how you never get a new manager at any club who, when meeting with fans, comes across as a bit of a cock, won't chat or have pictures taken. ;)

You mean like Dave Jones. ;)

Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:43 pm

Great minds think alike didn't realise that was already posted. :lol:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:45 pm

Fergy1927 wrote:The only thing that would make this whole nightmare bearable for me would be for Slade to screw up and Tan take over the manager role himself. That would be comedy gold.

I could see the Jacks needing to take time away from the dole que to recover if that happened!

Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:24 pm

lyndipops wrote:Great minds think alike didn't realise that was already posted. :lol:

Nah great minds don't think alike ...... sheep think alike :lol:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:44 pm

Tan is the manager

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:02 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote::lol: what did the fans expect? Him to say no and ignore them and tell them to f**k off?! :D

I think it was the time he took out when he could have been rushing to get to Brighton early etc. Like he took time out for everyone who spoke apparently.