Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' VINCENT TAN INTERVIEW - PART 2 '

Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:04 am

' VINCENT TAN INTERVIEW - PART 2 '

Cardiff City chief Vincent Tan: "Malky Mackay got us relegated and I'm no madcap owner"... Part two of the explosive interview with Bluebirds boss

Tues 30th September 2014

Part 1 viewtopic.php?f=2&t=148669

In the second part of a candid interview, the Malaysian billionaire outlines why he has no sympathy for Malky Mackay over the way the text scandal played out, hits back at his critics and defends his own image

Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan speaks to Sky Sports
Vincent Tan has broken his silence on Cardiff City’s Malky Mackay text scandal and insisted the fall-out proves he is “no madcap owner.”

The Bluebirds’ billionaire boss categorically blamed his former manager for the club’s relegation from the Premier League, but denied he was settling a personal score with Mackay.

He even claimed in an interview with Sky Sports News that Mackay declined to attend clear-the-air talks during his time in charge at Cardiff City Stadium to mend their broken rapport.

Speaking for the first time about the discovering of offensive text messages sent between Mackay and then transfer chief Iain Moody as part of an investigation into the pair’s dealings in South Wales, Tan was adamant he has no sympathy for what happened.

In the second part of an in-depth interview, he also explained how the timing of the complaint to the FA when Mackay was being linked with the Crystal Palace job was just coincidental.

“I had no sympathy for him after what he had done to us and to Cardiff,” Tan said of the revelations of the dossier appearing to cost Mackay his chances of landing the Palace post.

“I will always blame him because he is the man responsible for us being relegated. £50m to buy players so that we don’t get relegated. We spent more money than Hull and Palace, the other clubs who got promoted, and we got relegated. People will say we got relegated because I quarrelled with him, but I didn’t. He didn’t talk to me for a few months.”

Tan explained how chairman Mehmet Dalman tried to bring the two men together, saying: “Mehmet said, ‘This is bad, the owner and manager don’t talk’ and that we couldn’t let it continue.

“So we arranged to meet up with him because it was nothing personal, this was business. Guess what happened? He refused to meet me.”

Tan said of the detailed text dossier given to the FA: “If the club discovers there is racism, you have to inform the FA. So we told him that since we had settled we were not going to inform the FA and ‘we’ll leave it to you.’

“They (Mackay and Moody) didn’t do it for three whole months. So we were advised we had to or the FA could fine us.

“It so happens that it was timed when he was supposed to get a job with Crystal Palace. People said we timed it like that but we didn’t, we just thought it was just too much time. Crystal Palace decided not to take him and it came out in the public.”

Tan denied it was anything personal against Mackay after their bitter bust-up at the Bluebirds, but did state the whole affair was an opportunity to rid himself of the ‘madcap owner’ image associated with him.

Tan said: “I’m just doing what any normal person would do. I just want to clear my image that I am not a madcap owner that the world thinks I am, because of what the media made it out to be.

“Of course, in Wales and Cardiff, the pundits like him (Mackay) because he got Cardiff up after 51 years. They only think the manager got us up.

“They never think about the owner giving him money, to them that’s not important. Maybe they should meet a poor owner then they would know, an owner who does not put money in to try to get promoted

Re: ' VINCENT TAN INTERVIEW - PART 2 '

Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:31 am

Or you could just watch the video :thumbup:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=148696

Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:56 am

still the blame game continues

Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:06 pm

malkay refused to meet to clear the air bet he wishes he did now

Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:08 pm

Relegation had nothing to do with OGS then..?

F**king clown.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:08 pm

Malky answers to know one, he does what he wants, it seems like his Ego went through the roof.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:14 pm

Its a new one on me that you can get a club relegated even if the club you manage stands outside the relegation positions. Tans making his own rules up now!!! :laughing6:

Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:18 pm

How many parts are there to this interview?

Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:36 pm

Malky's responsible for over-spending, but Tan's mostly responsible for our relegation in my eyes.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:38 pm

by the time ole had arrived malkay had pissed away a 50 million budget

Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:40 pm

DEANO wrote:by the time ole had arrived malkay had pissed away a 50 million budget

We were also not in the relegation zone when he was sacked.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:41 pm

Part of the blame has to go for thinking that Ole could have kept us up, I know it was Dalman's appointment but he was the one who authorised the appointment. But yeah agree with a bit of that, shows Malky's a wanker who had no respect for the man who backed him to the hilt to make a name for himself as a manager

Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:49 pm

DEANO wrote:by the time ole had arrived malkay had pissed away a 50 million budget

Which was good enough to place us in 17th place in the PL. What's happened to the accusations of financial irregularities ? He's taking people for fools.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:51 pm

Cardiff dyskinesia wrote:

Which was good enough to place us in 17th place in the PL. What's happened to the accusations of financial irregularities ? He's taking people for fools.

Spending 50m to be 17th is quite embarrassing

Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:04 pm

How can he sack a man in December with the team outside the relegation zone then blame him for getting relegated in May if he had given him a full season fair enough but he never just proves once again the man knows f#%k all about football

Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:07 pm

So malky was the one who didn't talk to tan ,hmmmmmm

Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:12 pm

Military Junta wrote:Its a new one on me that you can get a club relegated even if the club you manage stands outside the relegation positions. Tans making his own rules up now!!! :laughing6:

How hilarious.

We had only won a single game of the NINE leading up to Malkay's sacking.

We were hanging on by our teeth and January saw us play Man U, Man City and Arsenal.

If he had stayed we would have been in the relegation zone but days later.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:21 pm

2 wins and 2 draws in his last 9 games

Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:49 pm

ThomasC wrote:still the blame game continues

Can you blame him for speaking out.After all,its not as if you've got concrete proof for all the bullshit you've posted over the last few months.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:41 pm

People always say we weren't in relegation.

Out of the final 24 points available when Mackay was manager we took 5.

That is relegation form and I remember the game against Southampton. We were a joke and he deserves to be fired on the results and the way we were playing in my opinion.

I would love Tan to change us back to blue, and for him to stay.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:45 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Military Junta wrote:Its a new one on me that you can get a club relegated even if the club you manage stands outside the relegation positions. Tans making his own rules up now!!! :laughing6:

How hilarious.

We were hanging on by our teeth and January saw us play Man U, Man City and Arsenal.

and of those 9 games you mentioned how many of them were down to the unsettlement issue between the board and the management..? The players didn't know what the f**k was happening at that time

Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:48 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
ThomasC wrote:still the blame game continues

Can you blame him for speaking out.After all,its not as if you've got concrete proof for all the bullshit you've posted over the last few months.

I only put my thoughts down and share, It would be very difficult for me to conjure up evidence to be used as proof as you can imagine :thumbright: I try to pick the bones off info I get, I also like to have a bit of fun with it from time to time

Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:54 pm

Military Junta wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

How hilarious.

and of those 9 games you mentioned how many of them were down to the unsettlement issue between the board and the management..? The players didn't know what the f**k was happening at that time

Nobody knows.

We all know it was down to how shit we were playing though.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:20 pm

Military Junta wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

How hilarious.

Why on earth should what was happening off the field affect the players in any way?

They get paid the same huge salary no matter what is going on behind the scenes. They should be professional enough to be able to go out on the field and give 100% effort for the cause every time they play. Play and train - that's all the players have to do, not worry about something they have no control over.

Much too easy an excuse for the players to use I'm afraid.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:33 pm

davids wrote:
Military Junta wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

How hilarious.

Why on earth should what was happening off the field affect the players in any way?

They get paid the same huge salary no matter what is going on behind the scenes. They should be professional enough to be able to go out on the field and give 100% effort for the cause every time they play. Play and train - that's all the players have to do, not worry about something they have no control over.

Much too easy an excuse for the players to use I'm afraid.

Totally agree with this. Also too much of an easy excuse for Malky to use.