Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Vincent Tan compares HIMSELF to Arsene Wenger

Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:54 am

Arsene Wenger remains as manager of Arsenal as he meets the objectives of the club every season without fail (CL Qual). Are we to believe VT will not sack Slade if we do not get promoted in the 2015-16 season? :lol: :lol:

Yes it is a joke statement made by VT, but more than that, it is totally unfair to compare Slade and Wenger as they have different roles.

Wenger brought with him knowledge of the French/continental market and signed some of the best players of that generation in the mid-to-late 90's.

Slade will not be signing any players, it is VT and his expansive knowledge of player markets that will be buying the players so to compare the two is totally unfair as Slade IS NOT ACCOUNTABLE as he is only as good as the squad VT purchases.

As far as I am concerned, if this new set-up fails, VT should be bold enough to sack himself as well as Slade as this is a joint venture :P :)

Re: Vincent Tan compares HIMSELF to Arsene Wenger

Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:59 am

ThomasC wrote:Arsene Wenger remains as manager of Arsenal as he meets the objectives of the club every season without fail (CL Qual). Are we to believe VT will not sack Slade if we do not get promoted in the 2015-16 season? :lol: :lol:

Yes it is a joke statement made by VT, but more than that, it is totally unfair to compare Slade and Wenger as they have different roles.

Wenger brought with him knowledge of the French/continental market and signed some of the best players of that generation in the mid-to-late 90's.

Slade will not be signing any players, it is VT and his expansive knowledge of player markets that will be buying the players so to compare the two is totally unfair as Slade IS NOT ACCOUNTABLE as he is only as good as the squad VT purchases.

As far as I am concerned, if this new set-up fails, VT should be bold enough to sack himself as well as Slade as this is a joint venture :P :)

Omg talk about reading to much into things ,he just wants slade to succeed long term

Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:10 am

wez1927 wrote:
ThomasC wrote:Arsene Wenger remains as manager of Arsenal as he meets the objectives of the club every season without fail (CL Qual). Are we to believe VT will not sack Slade if we do not get promoted in the 2015-16 season? :lol: :lol:

Omg talk about reading to much into things ,he just wants slade to succeed long term

If we really think about it though Wez, VT wants himself to succeed long-term as now he has total control of the player transfers, and will be suggesting to Slade what players to pick (as admitted last night) This is new territory unless this happened under Ole, and look what happened there.

One thing in Slade's favour is that he will be a much better coach than Ole ever was :thumbup:

VT wants this to work, I can't see any sackings over bad results this time round.

Anyway 4 from 6 points is a good return, c'mon City!! always support the team no matter what.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:22 am

Anything to get a snipe at tan on here :thumbup:

Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:24 am

lewispenarth wrote:Anything to get a snipe at tan on here :thumbup:

forgive me for being unhappy that the man has destroyed my enjoyment of watching City. Our promotion to the Premier League I felt nothing :thumbup:

Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:26 am

Happy Tan is buying and picking players then? happy to be wearing red at home matches??

Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:40 am

he said slade will pick the team,he didn't say he was buying the players,he also said that if he spends a shit load of money on a player and he is not playing shouldn't he have the right to ask why, and he didn't compare slade to arsene just said he has been in the managerial game as long as him

Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:57 am

Sniping at Tan is allowed.

Sniping against those that do it is not.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:12 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:

:? please state your opinion, all opinions welcome. :thumbright: Nothing said yet makes me think Tan doesn't buy and pick the team in this new set-up. VT will be better than Arsene Wenger, he's just a bit old and busy to coach them :P :thumbright:

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:15 am

ThomasC wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

:? please state your opinion, all opinions welcome. :thumbright: Nothing said yet makes me think Tan doesn't buy and pick the team in this new set-up. VT will be better than Arsene Wenger, he's just a bit old and busy to coach them :P :thumbright:

can you tell me who vt has bought then?

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:15 am

Thomas, when it comes to football and football fans, for me Vincent Tan is a Clown end off and more clueless than Ole and that says something :lol:

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:22 am

footynut wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Gosh, that puts me in an ITK postion which sadly I am not. Velikonja is definate Tan purchase. It would be up to the previous managers to spill the beans on that or people ITK. Ole's 'different philosophy' quote might be an indication of the change.

You do have a point, I accept Tan might not of interfered as much as people like me would like to believe, but don't you worry this proposed new set-up is geared towards control of the playing squad and purchases? are you happy with that if the answer is yes??

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:28 am

Forever Blue wrote:Thomas, when it comes to football and football fans, for me Vincent Tan is a Clown end off and more clueless than Ole and that says something :lol:

Annis, that is the worry...Do we really want Tan making these kind of decisions, i.e, formations, tactics, line-ups, substitutions & player recruitments?

The set-up of DOF is perfect for him to get more hands-on with getting us promoted Tan style :laughing6: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:33 am

Oh, who signed Ravel Morrison?? already we are seeing a managerless club signing players. Slade will sign nobody. Tan is the new Wenger! :ugeek: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:40 am

footynut wrote:

he said slade will pick the team,he didn't say he was buying the players,he also said that if he spends a shit load of money on a player and he is not playing shouldn't he have the right to ask why, and he didn't compare slade to arsene just said he has been in the managerial game as long as him

Exactly what I took from the interview. ..... he wants Slade to succeed and he says that he has every right to ask why we are paying someone high money and they are not playing

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:40 am

ThomasC wrote:Oh, who signed Ravel Morrison?? already we are seeing a managerless club signing players. Slade will sign nobody. Tan is the new Wenger! :ugeek: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Tan picks and signs the players, thankfully so far Ravel looks a good signing.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:41 am

I hate Tan, but for christ sake, criticise him for things that he deserves it for, such as the horrific rebrand.

Making pointless threads like this as a STICKY is just weakening the argument and makes it look a little silly.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:44 am

If VT has no regard for traditions of football clubs, he certainly would not respect the norm of football people making football decisions. He has liked football for about 4 years now and is ready to step into incognito management :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:46 am

Barry Chuckle wrote:I hate Tan, but for christ sake, criticise him for things that he deserves it for, such as the horrific rebrand.

Making pointless threads like this as a STICKY is just weakening the argument and makes it look a little silly.

Feckin ell,I'm going for a lie down-me and chuckles agree on something,though you could have used the word bullshit instead of pointless but fair do's on this one.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:47 am

ThomasC wrote:
footynut wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Gosh, that puts me in an ITK postion which sadly I am not. Velikonja is definate Tan purchase. It would be up to the previous managers to spill the beans on that or people ITK. Ole's 'different philosophy' quote might be an indication of the change.

You do have a point, I accept Tan might not of interfered as much as people like me would like to believe, but don't you worry this proposed new set-up is geared towards control of the playing squad and purchases? are you happy with that if the answer is yes??

i have yet to see any evidence that vt has bought players or interfered with team selection, if you look at it from vt side spending shit loads of money on players to see the team slowly going backwards wouldn't you want to know whats going on,i myself would certainly be more hands on when it comes to forking out more money on players,plus didn't vt get slagged off for writing out malky cheques for players (when he apparently over spent) it was vt fault, now he wants to know where his money is going he is still getting slagged off

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:56 am

footynut wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
footynut wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

i have yet to see any evidence that vt has bought players or interfered with team selection, if you look at it from vt side spending shit loads of money on players to see the team slowly going backwards wouldn't you want to know whats going on,i myself would certainly be more hands on when it comes to forking out more money on players,plus didn't vt get slagged off for writing out malky cheques for players (when he apparently over spent) it was vt fault, now he wants to know where his money is going he is still getting slagged off

I think he is right to want to know where the money is going, absolutely right. He admitted last night he does not trust anyone in football, he is now going to do it himself, not the most logical answer in my opinion to getting shafted in player negotiations he is not involved in.

Arsenal had David Dein for the negotiating. Wenger would tell Dein who he wanted, Dein would go get them.

Wrong to employ a mate of MM (Moody)...the negotiator should be a club man, not a mate

Cardiff have been amateurs in player recruitment as we never had that kind of money to spend before.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:01 am

footynut wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
footynut wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Tan himself has publicly stated that he does all the buying this season

Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:20 am

grange_end1927 wrote:
footynut wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
footynut wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Tan himself has publicly stated that he does all the buying this season

has he where to? i can't seem to find it,ty for the link in advance :thumbup:

Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:06 pm

:shock:

Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:37 pm

This site gets better by the day. :thumbup:

I think somre of you guys must sit on the shitter in work (or in school judging by some of the comments)and just make something up to put up on here............... :oops:

Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:58 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:I hate Tan, but for christ sake, criticise him for things that he deserves it for, such as the horrific rebrand.

Feckin ell,I'm going for a lie down-me and chuckles agree on something,though you could have used the word bullshit instead of pointless but fair do's on this one.

Me too bloody hell chuckles turning over a new leaf 2 nd post in a week I agreed with him on

Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:09 pm

Tan will make suggestions to Slade, he said that yesterday didn't he.? And everyone is ok with that :shock:

He will also get involved in tactical and technical aspects of the game. As well as player recruitment as he admitted he has no trust of football people. That is the signal that VT money will be spent on his own targets scouted through watching youtube clips.

I would like to know who VT is going to model himself on with the tactical & technical influence he will impose. Who are the inspirational managers VT will look to for inspiration? Sir Alex, Guardiola??

Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:20 pm

wez1927 wrote:Me too bloody hell chuckles turning over a new leaf 2 nd post in a week I agreed with him on

No, nothing changed here. Still hold the same opinions as I always have. Tan Out as soon as possible and the club to return to its true identity. :thumbup:

However, making up shit like this does nobody any good & the fact that it was a sticky for a short while, is quite frankly, embarrassing.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:47 pm

ThomasC wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

you think he buys and picks the team makes you'r rather short of some marbles! my opinion of course! :thumbup:

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:54 pm

ThomasC wrote:Tan will make suggestions to Slade, he said that yesterday didn't he.? And everyone is ok with that :shock:

He will also get involved in tactical and technical aspects of the game. As well as player recruitment as he admitted he has no trust of football people. That is the signal that VT money will be spent on his own targets scouted through watching youtube clips.

I would like to know who VT is going to model himself on with the tactical & technical influence he will impose. Who are the inspirational managers VT will look to for inspiration? Sir Alex, Guardiola??

If you seriously believe the shit you're peddling I fear for those in your proximity. I've never read so much crap in my life. Grow the f**k up