Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' WHAT VINCENT TAN JUST SAID '

Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:08 pm

If he is 1billion richer, how lucky are Chelsea to have such an owner as Ambramovich....he modernised the club, not rebranded. Respected the history of the club and turned them into an elite club. What has Tan done with his investment?

Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:10 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:
DEANO wrote:In a few years time will we regret hounding him out I think so can't blame him one bit

Agreed. Will never get an investor with that much financial backing

I'd rather have someone with half his money but twice his common sense!

Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:23 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:
DEANO wrote:In a few years time will we regret hounding him out I think so can't blame him one bit

I agree with that and it's probably his lack of common sense which lands him in the brown smelly stuff with the fans.

In fairness a reasonable interview but why does everything come down to VT talking about VT - EGO. Maybe he should use some of this latest money to land in his lap to challenge Sepp Blatter at FIFA, everyone knows he can buy a bit of respect by speading a bit of goodwill at FIFA.

If he wins he could change the rules so ALL clubs had to play in Red. On planet Vinnie that could work.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:24 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:

I'd rather have a club to watch.

Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:26 pm

GSO Cardiff City wrote:
Jimbo27 wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:

Why would you not watch the City if he left?

Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:28 pm

ThomasC wrote:If he is 1billion richer, how lucky are Chelsea to have such an owner as Ambramovich....he modernised the club, not rebranded. Respected the history of the club and turned them into an elite club. What has Tan done with his investment?

Hmm let me think.......Nothing

Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:30 pm

GSO Cardiff City wrote:

What club is that as i dont even see 5% of the club i onced watched bar the name, it may aswell be a newly formed club its that unrecognisable.

Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:03 pm

powysblue wrote:
Tan says he doesn't want to leave Cardiff City in a precarious position and wants to get them back into the Premier League. If that happens, down the line he could sell the club.

Asked whether that would be the end of him and football, he says: "If I sell in Cardiff, I will buy another club in the UK."

He also indicates he would like to invest in the MLS.

Tan on Slade appointment: "The next manager I said I must select him. I think he will make a good manager for us. Russell is fourth longest serving manager in British football now.

"I hope Russell one day can beat Arsene Wenger's record. (for longest-serving boss)."

Asked whether Russell Slade will pick the team, Tan said: "Yes, yes. I won't get involved in that. Sometimes I make a suggestion if we pay so much for a player - isn't that logical?

I really don't understand ? how Are many Bluebirds fans that blind to Mr Tan's intentions.

His intentions have been clear to me since dropping out of the Premier.

Tan says he doesn't want to leave Cardiff City in a precarious position and wants to get them back into the Premier League. If that happens, down the line he could sell the club.

Obviously he has no chance of recouping his outlay (or rather our outlay) on selling, if we are not in the Premiership.

Promises to look at colour again only if we get back into Premiership - WHY NOT NOW?

"If I sell in Cardiff, I will buy another club in the UK."

If we ever get back into Premiership - he will drop us like a stone - probably right in the shit with a huge debt (our debt, not his).

The Guy has proved so, so many times how arrogant he is with regard to our (fan's) thoughts. Does not even meet our representatives either formally or informally ?

The man thinks that he bought our (the customers) goodwill - but has done nothing to support this and in fact has gone out of his way to annoy very many of us.

Am I being stupid here?

Blooobirds Forever !!! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :old:

He showed with Malky, he holds a grudge, he will probably try and buy a Swansea, Stoke or Palace or some horrible club.....

Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:25 pm

I cant understand the relegation talk,
Do people honestly think that should tan sell up then the new owners would get us relegated ?
Who buys a football club with that goal ?

Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:40 pm

I think it was a pretty wooly interview by Smith with no real down to earth serious questions. Didn't get into the nitty gritty of things at all. Looked more like he was there on a jolly & was probably told what he could & couldn't ask.

Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:59 pm

All the more reason to be promoted.

Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:59 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:

He's killed our club, Financial backing that's put our club in more debt.

Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:00 pm

Give the man a break nothing in that interview sounded bad in fact he wants the best for Cardiff, I'd like to see how many people will be interested in the the city if we do play the like of Accrington and Newport it annoyed me when people find small faults just to criticise him

Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:06 pm

Young snibs wrote:Give the man a break nothing in that interview sounded bad in fact he wants the best for Cardiff, I'd like to see how many people will be interested in the the city if we do play the like of Accrington and Newport it annoyed me when people find small faults just to criticise him

Why would we be playing Accrington and Newport? Unless it's the Cup of course
Life without Tan doesn't mean relegation.

Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:19 pm

If we were playing blue, he'd be the best owner in the history of this club to many on ere.

Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:19 pm

Bledd10 wrote:The guy is mad :roll:

The guy is rich :thumbup: :bluescarf:

Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:22 pm

Hoochie Coochie Blues wrote:
eighty_8 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
CCFC87 wrote:So why all the re brand shite if hes going to sell up?? Buy another club and re brand it???? The guy is a clown its got to be all about him.

He will buy another UK club who play in Red, so he won't make that mistake again.

Their supporters can then take the P@@@ out of us as he makes them a super club, while a lot of our so called supporters will be happy again visiting Torquay :old:

Why do people think that life under a different owner would mean relegation?

Why do people think that life under a different owner would be back to blue.

Because changing the colour to red didn´t work out very well?

Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:22 pm

Young snibs wrote:Give the man a break nothing in that interview sounded bad in fact he wants the best for Cardiff, I'd like to see how many people will be interested in the the city if we do play the like of Accrington and Newport it annoyed me when people find small faults just to criticise him

I'd tell you.. Approximately , 3~4K

Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:44 pm

If he changed us back to blue he would get the reverence he so obviously craves.

Gates would increase , merchandise sales would increase, a feel good factor may well prevail throughout the club.

It's bonkers that's all of this boils down to red being a 'lucky" in Far East culture.

Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:34 pm

Personally if I were Vincent Tan I would sell Cardiff City (if anyone was actually interested in buying us) as too much shit flying and if some things were to be believed he is not welcome and is mistrusted and disliked. I would then purchase Bristol City (red so no hassle).
Invest a similar amount of money into Bristol as was invested in Cardiff, build new or upgrade Bristol's ground, upgrade training facilities, give their manager a good transfer kitty and push hard for promotion through to the Prem.
In possibly 3-4 years Bristol could be a Prem club and joining the Jacks as the big noises in this part of the world.
Ourselves under new owners..who knows? Championship, Premiership, League One, debt free, riddled with debt, profitable, blue , still red, some other colour, old badge restored, present badge maintained or some other new badge.
Any new owners(if we can find one) would once again be a step into the unknown, who can say that we wouldn't get one like the tit at Leeds?
But if I were Vincent Tan I would say enough's enough and move on from Cardiff City, obviously pleasing some and not pleasing others.

Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:11 pm

Look out Major League Soccer. Look out United States.

The Premier League’s most mercurial Malaysian, while declaring his support for potential Cardiff manager Russell Slade, announced he intends to invest in Major League Soccer.

Quite the timing for such an announcement, given the recent news that Chivas USA will take a two-year hiatus from MLS play while they complete a rebrand under currently unknown new ownership.

“I’m looking to buy another club in Europe and then I may invest in a club in the US, the MLS,” Tan told reporters while also saying he hopes Cardiff and current Leyton Orient manager Slade can come to an agreement.

Tan would definitely bring a new personality to “the MLS” and despite many people questioning his ability to effectively lead a functional soccer organization, Tan believes his love for the sport gives him an edge.

“If I sell Cardiff I would buy another club in the UK,” said Tan. “I love football now. I’ve got a club in Sarajevo. The fans are fantastic, the people who run the club [Cardiff City] are incredible, honest people. They really motivate me.”

Tan’s talk of selling Cardiff would be only if they returned to the Premier League, said the BBC report.

It’s unclear what Tan’s motivations or plans are for coming to the United States are, but at this point it just appears to be speculation on his part.

Tan was questioned by the media and fans for his handling of the club during its short stint in the Premier League, clashing with former manager Malky Mackay over club spending and coming under fire for his sacking of successful director of recruitment Iain Moody and replacing him with a family friend who had never worked in soccer before.

Even his potential hiring of Slade has been filled with controversy. Cardiff made an inquiry to Leyton Orient about replacing Ole Gunnar Solksjaer with Slade, but the League One club said no. Slade then felt wronged, so he submitted his resignation. The 53-year-old is still under contract with Orient, but according to Tan the two sides are now working to settle the situation and send him to Cardiff.

Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:45 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:

Can't wait for him to leave, personally.

Everybody that wants tan out is just crazy! He has invested HUGE into the stadium and the team, sparing no expense to get promoted! He has put his money where his mouth is. And all the negativity over him because of red over blue?? We should all be thankful he wants to succeed at any cost, very few owners actually do!

Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:24 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
He will buy another UK club who play in Red, so he won't make that mistake again.

Their supporters can then take the P@@@ out of us as he makes them a super club, while a lot of our so called supporters will be happy again visiting Torquay :old:

Why would him leaving send us tumbling down the leagues? :lol: what a load of useless propaganda.

The man himself said that he doesn't want to leave this club in a precarious situation.... What's wrong, don't you trust him? :laughing6:

We WILL not get another backer like him, both Birmingham and Portsmouth were sold to so called good owners! Remind me of what they are like now?

Let's be honest who in the hell would want to buy us? If I happened along 1 billion I would never put it into our club.

What the hell lol and be ruled by the so called fans we are who pay £400 or more for a season ticket.

Read my replies did I say anything about relegation? Just that we will never be as well off as we

have been.

We are over 100 mill in debt to tan and we all thought under sam 26 mill was bad look how long langston went on . We have never been worse off than this fact.

:happy1:

Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:33 am

american bluebird wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

Can't wait for him to leave, personally.

Everybody that wants tan out is just crazy! He has invested HUGE into the stadium and the team, sparing no expense to get promoted! He has put his money where his mouth is. And all the negativity over him because of red over blue?? We should all be thankful he wants to succeed at any cost, very few owners actually do!

You are absolutely deluded we owe tan over 100 million pounds for his contribution to are club as part of the rebrand deal tan was to convert debt to equity. Its never happened we've never had it so bad dont understand how you can say what you did its totally thed opposite tans mugged us right off thats why people hate him and thats without a mention of his pathetic rebrand.
Shake yourself and wake up sorry but people like you really annoy me.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:12 am

Even the most blinkered of fans (there are 1 or 2 on here) cant argue with the SSN interview - came across very well tbh

Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:14 am

CF64 BLUE wrote:Personally if I were Vincent Tan I would sell Cardiff City (if anyone was actually interested in buying us) as too much shit flying and if some things were to be believed he is not welcome and is mistrusted and disliked. I would then purchase Bristol City (red so no hassle).
Invest a similar amount of money into Bristol as was invested in Cardiff, build new or upgrade Bristol's ground, upgrade training facilities, give their manager a good transfer kitty and push hard for promotion through to the Prem.
In possibly 3-4 years Bristol could be a Prem club and joining the Jacks as the big noises in this part of the world.
Ourselves under new owners..who knows? Championship, Premiership, League One, debt free, riddled with debt, profitable, blue , still red, some other colour, old badge restored, present badge maintained or some other new badge.
Any new owners(if we can find one) would once again be a step into the unknown, who can say that we wouldn't get one like the tit at Leeds?
But if I were Vincent Tan I would say enough's enough and move on from Cardiff City, obviously pleasing some and not pleasing others.

totally agreed with this...

Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:37 am

american bluebird wrote:Everybody that wants tan out is just crazy! He has invested HUGE into the stadium and the team, sparing no expense to get promoted! He has put his money where his mouth is. And all the negativity over him because of red over blue?? We should all be thankful he wants to succeed at any cost, very few owners actually do!

You are talking like he doesn't want the money back! :crazy: wake up and smell the coffee.

Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:22 am

eighty_8 wrote:
Hoochie Coochie Blues wrote:
eighty_8 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
CCFC87 wrote:So why all the re brand shite if hes going to sell up?? Buy another club and re brand it???? The guy is a clown its got to be all about him.

Why do people think that life under a different owner would mean relegation?

Why do people think that life under a different owner would be back to blue.

Where did I say that? I was asking why PulisNewport thinks we'll be visiting Torquay :thumbright:

Because it's lovely there this time of year, duh!

:laughing6:

Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:32 pm

nojac wrote:If you think he's mad , well I wish I was half as mad as him.
Got to be honest he came over very good.

With the help of at least one Malaysian judge.

Re: ' VINCENT TANS INTERVIEW PART 1 '

Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:48 pm

About the Malky situation: 'All the bandits love him' What is that about?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11704/9496051/championship-cardiff-city-owner-vincent-tan-has-no-sympathy-for-malky-mackay-?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter