Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' VINCENT TANS INTERVIEW PART 1 '

Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:27 pm

*He does not want to leave Cardiff City in a precarious position but could sell the club in the future if they get back into the Premier League

*He would buy another club in the UK in that event

*He may invest in the MLS in the future

*He has recently added roughly another £1bn to his personal wealth

*He did not want Richard Bevan to resign in the wake of the Malky Mackay text affair but wanted the LMA chief to take it more seriously

Vincent Tan also reveals he has also come into another £1bn after he 'got lucky'.

Jim White seems incredulous by the suggestion luck is involved. Tan mentions god looking down on him for his good fortune and wealth.

Tan says he doesn't want to leave Cardiff City in a precarious position and wants to get them back into the Premier League. If that happens, down the line he could sell the club.

Asked whether that would be the end of him and football, he says: "If I sell in Cardiff, I will buy another club in the UK."

He also indicates he would like to invest in the MLS.

Tan on Slade appointment: "The next manager I said I must select him. I think he will make a good manager for us. Russell is fourth longest serving manager in British football now.

"I hope Russell one day can beat Arsene Wenger's record. (for longest-serving boss)."

Asked whether Russell Slade will pick the team, Tan said: "Yes, yes. I won't get involved in that. Sometimes I make a suggestion if we pay so much for a player - isn't that logical?

MORE TOMORROW :thumbright:

Re: ' WHAT VINCENT TAN JUST SAID '

Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:*He does not want to leave Cardiff City in a precarious position but could sell the club in the future if they get back into the Premier League

*He would buy another club in the UK in that event

*He may invest in the MLS in the future

*He has recently added roughly another £1bn to his personal wealth

*He did not want Richard Bevan to resign in the wake of the Malky Mackay text affair but wanted the LMA chief to take it more seriously

Tan also reveals he has also come into another £1bn after he 'got lucky'.

Jim White seems incredulous by the suggestion luck is involved. Tan mentions god looking down on him for his good fortune and wealth.

Tan says he doesn't want to leave Cardiff City in a precarious position and wants to get them back into the Premier League. If that happens, down the line he could sell the club.

Asked whether that would be the end of him and football, he says: "If I sell in Cardiff, I will buy another club in the UK."

Tan on Slade appointment: "The next manager I said I must select him. I think he will make a good manager for us. Russell is fourth longest serving manager in British football now.

"I hope Russell one day can beat Arsene Wenger's record. (for longest-serving boss)."

Asked whether Russell Slade will pick the team, Tan said: "Yes, yes. I won't get involved in that. Sometimes I make a suggestion if we pay so much for a player - isn't that logical?

MORE TOMORROW :thumbright:

See.... as much as I dislike the fella for the rebrand and dismissal of the fans... the above is all kind of fair enough. And it;s a good sign that he is saying he doesn't want to leave the club in a precarious position.

Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:32 pm

The guy is mad :roll:

Professional interview. Someone's been teaching him how to deal with the media. Don't know how any fan can get wound up with what he said in that really

He still makes me angry :evil:

Cant wait for tomorrow

Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:33 pm

Jim White thank you to him, going over getting a long interview from him. Tan could have become a hero but he carry s on doing what other hate. Tan wasn't in this for long, so he looking at his options now.

Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:36 pm

If you think he's mad , well I wish I was half as mad as him.
Got to be honest he came over very good.

Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:40 pm

In a few years time will we regret hounding him out I think so can't blame him one bit

Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:40 pm

City fans now should unite now more than ever Tan out :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:43 pm

DEANO wrote:In a few years time will we regret hounding him out I think so can't blame him one bit

Agreed. Will never get an investor with that much financial backing

Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:44 pm

DEANO wrote:In a few years time will we regret hounding him out I think so can't blame him one bit

Can't wait for him to leave, personally.

So why all the re brand shite if hes going to sell up?? Buy another club and re brand it???? The guy is a clown its got to be all about him.

Barry Chuckle wrote:

100% agree with that Alex :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Good reply, if and when he sells we will be a Portsmouth in waiting :lol:

Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:48 pm

CCFC87 wrote:So why all the re brand shite if hes going to sell up?? Buy another club and re brand it???? The guy is a clown its got to be all about him.

He will buy another UK club who play in Red, so he won't make that mistake again.

Their supporters can then take the P@@@ out of us as he makes them a super club, while a lot of our so called supporters will be happy again visiting Torquay :old:

Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:52 pm

Why cant he just turn us back become a legend and get us a successful prem club?

Pulisnewport wrote:
He will buy another UK club who play in Red, so he won't make that mistake again.

Their supporters can then take the P@@@ out of us as he makes them a super club, while a lot of our so called supporters will be happy again visiting Torquay :old:

Why would him leaving send us tumbling down the leagues? :lol: what a load of useless propaganda.

The man himself said that he doesn't want to leave this club in a precarious situation.... What's wrong, don't you trust him? :laughing6:

Pulisnewport wrote:

Good reply, if and when he sells we will be a Portsmouth in waiting :lol:

Portsmouth debt free today apparently :thumbup:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29408776

Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:53 pm

Spot on - he has put millions in and saved us from folding at one point. Also, better the devil you know and all that!!

Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:54 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
CCFC87 wrote:So why all the re brand shite if hes going to sell up?? Buy another club and re brand it???? The guy is a clown its got to be all about him.

Why do people think that life under a different owner would mean relegation?

Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:58 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:

Hear hear chuckles hear f*cking hear :thumbup:

Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:58 pm

eighty_8 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Why do people think that life under a different owner would be back to blue.

Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:00 pm

Because it almost certainly would that's all. Seen it all before.

Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:00 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Why would him leaving send us tumbling down the leagues? :lol: what a load of useless propaganda.

The man himself said that he doesn't want to leave this club in a precarious situation.... What's wrong, don't you trust him? :laughing6:

We WILL not get another backer like him, both Birmingham and Portsmouth were sold to so called good owners! Remind me of what they are like now?

Let's be honest who in the hell would want to buy us? If I happened along 1 billion I would never put it into our club.

What the hell lol and be ruled by the so called fans we are who pay £400 or more for a season ticket.

Read my replies did I say anything about relegation? Just that we will never be as well off as we have been.

:happy1:

Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:01 pm

I really don't understand ? how Are many Bluebirds fans that blind to Mr Tan's intentions.

His intentions have been clear to me since dropping out of the Premier.

Obviously he has no chance of recouping his outlay (or rather our outlay) on selling, if we are not in the Premiership.

Promises to look at colour again only if we get back into Premiership - WHY NOT NOW?

"If I sell in Cardiff, I will buy another club in the UK."

If we ever get back into Premiership - he will drop us like a stone - probably right in the shit with a huge debt (our debt, not his).

The Guy has proved so, so many times how arrogant he is with regard to our (fan's) thoughts. Does not even meet our representatives either formally or informally ?

The man thinks that he bought our (the customers) goodwill - but has done nothing to support this and in fact has gone out of his way to annoy very many of us.

Am I being stupid here?

Blooobirds Forever !!! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :old:

Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:02 pm

Hoochie Coochie Blues wrote:
eighty_8 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Why do people think that life under a different owner would be back to blue.

Where did I say that? I was asking why PulisNewport thinks we'll be visiting Torquay :thumbright:

Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:04 pm

MLS club would be perfect for him....no relegations & no tradition or history + US sports fans are used to his kind of ownership. He could set up a new franchise, to Milwaukee Malaysia or whatever he wants, or even simply Tan FC

Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:04 pm

Colourblind wrote:Because it almost certainly would that's all. Seen it all before.

Ahh. Just a guess then. You obviously don't trust the man you want to stay! :laughing6:

Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:08 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
Colourblind wrote:Because it almost certainly would that's all. Seen it all before.

Ahh. Just a guess then. You obviously don't trust the man you want to stay! :laughing6:

:lol: :thumbright: