Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Is it Racism or are there to many wet Liberals on here ?

Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:27 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Just a couple of replys to above posts. One comment on Europeans making Africans slaves is correct but tbat does not happen any more. But who is the worst offenders for suppressing Black rights and mistreatment oc Blacks ? Yes its Blacks themselves . Say but very very true.
And a reply to Bluetwin you said we can laugh off white boy and white trash. So what you are saying is Blacks must be shallow or humourless if they cant do it. You make it sound (not saying you are) but that whites are proud to be white so can shrug it off whilst Blacks are not.

Nuclear. I like most of your posts but this one is very misguided. Slavery is alive and well and much of the time it is related to race and poverty. I'm involved in an anti-human trafficking programme and I have been shocked by the amount of trafficking for slavery that takes place. There is more money in trafficking persons than drugs as people are a 'reusable' commodity.

However slavery and trafficking is across the board in terms of asians trafficking africans, africans trafficking africans, european trafficking everyone and americans, while a little more subtle about it, are implicit in funding and trafficking persons.

Walk around the red light district in Amsterdam and look at the number of ethnic minorities - most of whom have been trafficked and treated like slaves due to the demand from Europeans and Americans to have sex with people of colour. I was in the Hague last month at a workshop discussing these issues.

As a broader point I agree with your sentiments somewhat. While in the family enclosure in 2006 a guy 2 rows behind me shouted at an opposition player "f**k off you black banana eating monkey". My son was deeply upset, being black, he was seven at the time. When I challenged the guy he was of course embarrassed and fair play a number of people in the canton had a go at him. He apologised. Yes he used incredibly racially aggressive and offensive language but it wasn't that he was deeply racist, he was just a knob from aberdare who had absolutely no idea how to behave or control himself or aware of the number of black people around who would be offended. He was just a a bit of a prick who should have known better, if only for the sake of his own 10 year old son sitting next to him.

So for sticking up for my son and other minoroities who have to endure these kind of abusive outburst I won't apologise (incidents like that have been very few and he still supports city, thankfully) and if that makes me a wet liberal I think I would rather be a wet liberal than a racist apologist.

But white people discussing what is or isn't offensive / racism to black people strikes me as a little odd.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:29 am

Achilles heel wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:Tan is a t ng t ng faced tw*t i'll say it again if thats racist then deal with it. Tomany people are walking on eggshells while claiming one thing is racist yet another is not but its the same thing. When it suits as they say. I could go through the 1000s of threads on this very forum and highlight a word in every thread (going over the top) but deem racist, what a perfetic country we live in :shock:

You've got some serious issues,take time out and deal with them :thumbup:

Spelling is one!......... :laughing6:

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:04 am

Stupid f*cking country. Positive discrimination is destroying our country. Take the instant in Bradford with the dirty paedos who turned out to be of an ethnic minority. Those dirty cunts need killing, but it got tucked away for years out of fear.

Muslims killing British Soldiers on our own land by cutting his head off.

The one thing I like about this site is the lack of p c bullshit.

The things I've called Tan in my own home would insult a lot of people, but tbh I couldn't care less about it.

Whilst Muslim radicals are allowed to preach hate about Britain on British streets I will continue to practice freedom of speech.

I've got no issue with what you said.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:13 am

Cornishblue wrote:Stupid f*cking country. Positive discrimination is destroying our country. Take the instant in Bradford with the dirty paedos who turned out to be of an ethnic minority. Those dirty cunts need killing, but it got tucked away for years out of fear.

Yes white people never get away with such things, not Jimmy Saville, not Rolf Harris that was stopped and wrapped up in hours if not minutes. Although maybe Cornishblue is ok with white paedos.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:17 am

RFMH wrote:
Cornishblue wrote:Stupid f*cking country. Positive discrimination is destroying our country. Take the instant in Bradford with the dirty paedos who turned out to be of an ethnic minority. Those dirty cunts need killing, but it got tucked away for years out of fear.

Yes white people never get away with such things, not Jimmy Saville, not Rolf Harris that was stopped and wrapped up in hours if not minutes. Although maybe Cornishblue is ok with white paedos.

Oh the white ones are fine... it's just the minority of those who are of a separate religion... (let's not mention the catholic church)

Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:12 pm

Cornishblue wrote:Stupid f*cking country

If you don't like it f**k off back to Iraq.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:06 pm

African Bluebird thanks for your well put and non patronising post but your bottom line about white people deciding what is racism or not clearly states only white people can be racist and you must know that isn't the case. But yes modern day slavery still goes on no matter what colour, race, or just people targeted down on there luck. But you make it sound it is still mainly white people's responsible and that ain't true.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:18 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:African Bluebird thanks for your well put and non patronising post but your bottom line about white people deciding what is racism or not clearly states only white people can be racist and you must know that isn't the case. But yes modern day slavery still goes on no matter what colour, race, or just people targeted down on there luck. But you make it sound it is still mainly white people's responsible and that ain't true.

True!

There are various forms of trafficking and the majority we see in Uganda is trafficking into other African countries, to the USA under the guise of 'International adoption', trafficking into orphanages (HUGE issue - and that IS money from misguided westerners) and trafficking to Asia. In North African countries it's different as women and children are trafficked to European countries to work in the sex trade or as domestic slaves.

The first 'slaves' in the new 'Americas' were not African but British - that was after a failed attempt to enslave Native Americans as workers (they kept running away and hiding!), the slave trade was based mainly on economics not skin colour as there were millions of Africans available and if they made to the USA they had nowhere to run to and physically more capable that Europeans. The trafficking and enslaving of people is more economic based than anything else.

However using someones skin colour as an entry point to abusing them, in my opinion, is worse than using a different entry point such as the colour of their hair, weight or nationality.

Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:19 am

Nuclear, thought this was a good article, all be it American-Centric, on the challenges with racism.

http://www.dailydot.com/opinion/clueles ... ay-racism/

Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:12 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Yesterday I refered to Tan in a way that upset many claiming it was Racist. But those that are complaining like little girls, how about when Ridsdale was here. He was an English this English that. Or Leeds this Leeds that. The Jacks down the road are refered to as dirty inbred Gypos. But hey is that OK ?. Or how about the Welsh being described as Sheep shaggers, but that is OK. Or singing at Leeds Fans Jimmy Saville he's one of your own, claiming most Yorkshire folk are Peados ,What I said yesterday was tame as fook. I don't take a lot to upset some nampy pampy folk these days, But as I said before only football can turn people into hypocrites.
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Nuclearblue, it is not for other people to tell you what you are. Only you know if you are racist or not. Only you know your thoughts and what you really meant by it. Why not explain what you meant?

All people can tell you is their opinion and whether it harms your image, they can't tell you what you are thinking.

All I would say though, is on the back of the Malky text situation, using provocative ethnic comments about Tan is probably a little high risk, and will probably get a reaction.

I doubt very much you dislike Tan because he is Malaysian. I think it has more to do with what he has done to the club identity. I'm pretty sure that if Tan was from Grangetown you'd find another way of describing him in an equally eloquent manner.

We all need to be a little sensitive when using spontaneous internet banter, especially when it come to race. If you've been on the back end of consistent racial abuse or have known someone who has, you then realise how absolutely illogical and unintelligent racism really is.

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:34 am

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:48 am

Goddamn I hate the word Banter

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:55 am

However slavery and trafficking is across the board in terms of asians trafficking africans, africans trafficking africans, european trafficking everyone and americans, while a little more subtle about it, are implicit in funding and trafficking persons.

This is claiming everyone traffics Africans, why is that?
Also it claims that everyone is picking on the Africans, but Asians traffic Asians, as well as Africans. Africans traffic Asians and white people. The truth is that slavery involves all races and always has. Slavery has been around since the beginning of time and always will exist. I read somewhere that there are more people in slavery today than at the height of the African slave trade over 200 years ago. Perhaps on your meetings they discuss this.
Does anything come from the talking shops that you attend? Not having a go but there seems to be a lot of talk (not just about slavery ) but things like drugs, famine and poverty, at expensive all expenses paid meetings in expensive all expenses paid places, but nothing gets better for those suffering.
How many of the luvvies would attend these meetings if they had to pay for themselves? Better time and money would be spent doing something practical about the problems not talking shops for the selected few.;

Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:47 pm

abergblue wrote:However slavery and trafficking is across the board in terms of asians trafficking africans, africans trafficking africans, european trafficking everyone and americans, while a little more subtle about it, are implicit in funding and trafficking persons.

Also it claims that everyone is picking on the Africans, but Asians traffic Asians, as well as Africans. Africans traffic Asians and white people. The truth is that slavery involves all races and always has. Slavery has been around since the beginning of time and always will exist. I read somewhere that there are more people in slavery today than at the height of the African slave trade over 200 years ago. Perhaps on your meetings they discuss this.
Does anything come from the talking shops that you attend? Not having a go but there seems to be a lot of talk (not just about slavery ) but things like drugs, famine and poverty, at expensive all expenses paid meetings in expensive all expenses paid places, but nothing gets better for those suffering.
How many of the luvvies would attend these meetings if they had to pay for themselves? Better time and money would be spent doing something practical about the problems not talking shops for the selected few.;

Yes I do more than talking and am not a 'luvvie' - you really don't have a f*cking clue do you. I work in anti-trafficking and of course attending meetings and developing policy is a part of that. A framework for better child protection I wrote was signed off by the Ugandan Government a few weeks back. Oh f**k, I had a cup of coffee paid for by USAID... what a disaster!!!!!

Here's some facts and Yes Africa is still one of the biggest target for trafficking. India is bigger though.

https://www.freetheslaves.net/document.doc?id=34

Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:09 pm

Dve wrote:A black can call another black a nigger because they are equals. You can call your friend an idiot, but you would not do that to a stranger. I see the point about comparing whites to black when it comes to the amount of shit we are supposed to take, but you need to take into account 500 years of history. The Europeans made the Africans slaves, not the other way around. Brought into your country, the blacks were treated like shit, while you were the superiors. In Norway, we treated the Sami people the same way, and still today it´s of course far worse to call someone a f..king Sami, than a f..king Norwegian. Used to being discriminated against, there is no wonder you would be more sensitive to racial harassment. The definition of racism and discrimination always lies to the one feeling discriminated. Being called "white boy" is not racism, because no one cares.

Incorrect if someone called me white boy I wouldn't take it because I know it would be different on the other foot. You think the average black person in the uk still holds a grudge over slavery and repression. Talking shit mate

Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:15 pm

Ting tong in Thailand means crazy or silly..

Or at worst, dingbat..oh, and by the way, the arabs generally ran the African slave trade.

Back of the class ting tongs.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:16 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:
abergblue wrote:However slavery and trafficking is across the board in terms of asians trafficking africans, africans trafficking africans, european trafficking everyone and americans, while a little more subtle about it, are implicit in funding and trafficking persons.

Yes I do more than talking and am not a 'luvvie' - you really don't have a f*cking clue do you. I work in anti-trafficking and of course attending meetings and developing policy is a part of that. A framework for better child protection I wrote was signed off by the Ugandan Government a few weeks back. Oh f**k, I had a cup of coffee paid for by USAID... what a disaster!!!!!

Here's some facts and Yes Africa is still one of the biggest target for trafficking. India is bigger though.

I wouldn't bother bud. Typical middle aged white male... Can't change his views... No matter what new info they get.

Congrats on your work though. I've never had anything signed off by the government

Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:21 am

nubbsy wrote:
Dve wrote:A black can call another black a nigger because they are equals. You can call your friend an idiot, but you would not do that to a stranger. I see the point about comparing whites to black when it comes to the amount of shit we are supposed to take, but you need to take into account 500 years of history. The Europeans made the Africans slaves, not the other way around. Brought into your country, the blacks were treated like shit, while you were the superiors. In Norway, we treated the Sami people the same way, and still today it´s of course far worse to call someone a f..king Sami, than a f..king Norwegian. Used to being discriminated against, there is no wonder you would be more sensitive to racial harassment. The definition of racism and discrimination always lies to the one feeling discriminated. Being called "white boy" is not racism, because no one cares.

Incorrect if someone called me white boy I wouldn't take it because I know it would be different on the other foot. You think the average black person in the uk still holds a grudge over slavery and repression. Talking shit mate

I'd put pretty much all my money on a black guy being offended if you started telling him jokes about slavery... To be honest, I'd hope that both black guys AND white guys (and all others) give a shit over slavery and oppression... It's not tolerable... Ever, matter if you're gay, straight, male, female, black, white or anything in between... You're an equal. Nobody should be oppressed, ever.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:43 am

GSO Cardiff City wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:

I wouldn't bother bud. Typical middle aged white male... Can't change his views... No matter what new info they get.

Congrats on your work though. I've never had anything signed off by the government

Thanks for the encouragement GSO!

Here's the link to the website which includes the new legislation for children in Uganda

http://www.alternative-care-uganda.org/

And here's an article that I wrote earlier this year

http://unitingforchildren.org/2014/06/c ... in-uganda/

In the last 4 years I've been poisoned, followed and threatened so it grates when people think I'm in talking shops all the time!

Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:58 am

You could answer the thread question with another question...

Is it racism, or are there too many far right types who keep banging on about lefties/commies/liberals, on here?

Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:53 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:
GSO Cardiff City wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:

Here's the link to the website which includes the new legislation for children in Uganda

In the last 4 years I've been poisoned, followed and threatened so it grates when people think I'm in talking shops all the time!

Quiet you... with your namby pamby "some bloke just tried to shoot me". Go drink another cup of government sponsored tea!! damn luvvie... :laughing6:

Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:52 am

Matt D wrote:You could answer the thread question with another question...

Is it racism, or are there too many far right types who keep banging on about lefties/commies/liberals, on here?

If someone says something racist on here and then someone pipes up and says "you can't say that" then they get deemed a lefty. It is quite hilarious. However, there are times when certain people go overboard with their criticism but I am also appalled that I post on a site where certain posters have such negative extreme views about certain cultures.

The comments about Muslims make me laugh. How on earth some people can be naive enough to tar the entire Muslim community with the terrorism and illegal immigrant brush always amazes me.

All I can say is do yourselves a favour and don't consider race, religion, skin colour or any of that aesthetic bull shit when making a judgement on someone. Judge each person as an individual.

Before anyone calls me a lefty, I do think immigration could be better managed but I also think immigration is a key part of evolving our country. Only a small percentage of people in the UK can claim to have a bloodline entirely restricted to these shores so please don't give the whole "our country, our rules" monologue that is so dull to hear.

I'd much rather see an immigrant from Africa or Eastern Europe or wherever who is willing to work and contribute to our society than the masses of British-born scroungers who take our society for a ride every week. What makes them think that the simple fact they were born here makes them more deserving of a place in our society than a hard-working immigrant who wants to contribute.

I love this forum because thankfully the majority of posters have intelligence and reason but f**k me there's some ignorant and prejudice morons on here.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:31 pm

Zabier wrote:

If someone says something racist on here and then someone pipes up and says "you can't say that" then they get deemed a lefty. It is quite hilarious. However, there are times when certain people go overboard with their criticism but I am also appalled that I post on a site where certain posters have such negative extreme views about certain cultures.

The comments about Muslims make me laugh. How on earth some people can be naive enough to tar the entire Muslim community with the terrorism and illegal immigrant brush always amazes me.

All I can say is do yourselves a favour and don't consider race, religion, skin colour or any of that aesthetic bull shit when making a judgement on someone. Judge each person as an individual.

Before anyone calls me a lefty, I do think immigration could be better managed but I also think immigration is a key part of evolving our country. Only a small percentage of people in the UK can claim to have a bloodline entirely restricted to these shores so please don't give the whole "our country, our rules" monologue that is so dull to hear.

I'd much rather see an immigrant from Africa or Eastern Europe or wherever who is willing to work and contribute to our society than the masses of British-born scroungers who take our society for a ride every week. What makes them think that the simple fact they were born here makes them more deserving of a place in our society than a hard-working immigrant who wants to contribute.

I love this forum because thankfully the majority of posters have intelligence and reason but f**k me there's some ignorant and prejudice morons on here.

THIS^^^ All of this^^^

Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:11 pm

GSO Cardiff City wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:
GSO Cardiff City wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:

Quiet you... with your namby pamby "some bloke just tried to shoot me". Go drink another cup of government sponsored tea!! damn luvvie... :laughing6:

:old: Champagne socialists united :bluescarf:

Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:16 pm

AfricanBluebird wrote:

I seemed to have a hit a nerve here. Perhaps what I said was true? Like I said anyone can attend meetings, talk about a problem and write an essay/dissertation about something. But much better to actually do something practical, but hey that’s just my white working class views.
As I said, and confirmed by you looking at your link, there are more people in slavery today than 200 years ago, despite all your meetings and dissertations. So at a wild guess I would say the meetings aren’t working.
You obviously earn a lot of money to be able to attend, and pay for meetings yourself, in the Hague, unless of course your flights, hotels etc were paid for by someone else, maybe a charity or some bureaucratic organisation, mainly funded by European/North American tax payers?
In my little white working class world I do not see any slaves but looking at your figures there seems to be a big problem in African and Asian places. So instead of preaching to us you should be targeting Africa and Asia? Again just a suggestion.
Never mind, perhaps another get together with other luvvies (and their supporters) have a group cuddle and a nice cup of tea, should help sort it out. You can all reassure yourself that the charities and taxpayers money is being well spent on the meetings, and that lovely warm glow will return to your life.
Obviously my views will not change being a white , middle aged male but strangely they do not need to as it seems according to official figures you give , the problem is getting worse not better, and is predominantly in African and Asian countries. So maybe, just a suggestion obviously, instead of blaming white people, start accusing Africans and Asians. Is that allowed, or is it racist?

Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:50 pm

GSO Cardiff City wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:

That was pretty Racist in itself Chief.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:56 pm

Zabier wrote:

There is the saying that not every Muslim is a terrorist but of modern times every terrorist is a Muslim. Not every Muslim cuts someone else's head off. But everyone that cuts someone's head off is a Muslim.
But the truth is Islam is in a very large portion Evil. Mohammed himself apparently said that it is ok to marry a six year old and consummate the marriage. There apparent love of torturing an Animal to death before eating it is sick.
But there you go.

Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:58 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
GSO Cardiff City wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:

That was pretty Racist in itself Chief.

You can't be racist to white people.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:25 am

abergblue wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:

I seemed to have a hit a nerve here. Perhaps what I said was true? Like I said anyone can attend meetings, talk about a problem and write an essay/dissertation about something. But much better to actually do something practical, but hey that’s just my white working class views.
As I said, and confirmed by you looking at your link, there are more people in slavery today than 200 years ago, despite all your meetings and dissertations. So at a wild guess I would say the meetings aren’t working.
You obviously earn a lot of money to be able to attend, and pay for meetings yourself, in the Hague, unless of course your flights, hotels etc were paid for by someone else, maybe a charity or some bureaucratic organisation, mainly funded by European/North American tax payers?
In my little white working class world I do not see any slaves but looking at your figures there seems to be a big problem in African and Asian places. So instead of preaching to us you should be targeting Africa and Asia? Again just a suggestion.
Never mind, perhaps another get together with other luvvies (and their supporters) have a group cuddle and a nice cup of tea, should help sort it out. You can all reassure yourself that the charities and taxpayers money is being well spent on the meetings, and that lovely warm glow will return to your life.
Obviously my views will not change being a white , middle aged male but strangely they do not need to as it seems according to official figures you give , the problem is getting worse not better, and is predominantly in African and Asian countries. So maybe, just a suggestion obviously, instead of blaming white people, start accusing Africans and Asians. Is that allowed, or is it racist?

I'm a middle aged white bloke and no one is blaming white people - feeling a a little insecure?

In terms of trafficking every nation, at some level is implicated.

We deal with real cases of children being trafficked and reunite them with their families. Not sure how this is not helping.

One important thing for policy makers is to understand what is going on on the ground so that's why I attended the Hague conference - flight paid for by a University but all expenses paid for by me. No tax payers money involved apart from mine.

Your assumptions are incredibly stupid.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:59 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
Zabier wrote:

There is the saying that not every Muslim is a terrorist but of modern times every terrorist is a Muslim. Not every Muslim cuts someone else's head off. But everyone that cuts someone's head off is a Muslim.
But the truth is Islam is in a very large portion Evil. Mohammed himself apparently said that it is ok to marry a six year old and consummate the marriage. There apparent love of torturing an Animal to death before eating it is sick.
But there you go.

Nuclearblue, that is an obscene gesture to make. Granted, the media highlights every Muslim terrorist act at the moment because it is the hot topic because of our involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan. Evil is present in every culture, in every race, and every skin colour.

How many Muslim beheadings of Western civilians have their been? A handful? How many children have been blown to pieces, literally to pieces, by stray bombs from Western armies.

Don't get me wrong. I do not condone beheadings. It goes without saying it is a sick and twisted act that deserves no place on this earth. However, this is not a Muslim thing. It is an evil thing. How many of the people that carried out public shootings were Muslims? Dunblane? Hungerford? Columbine? Etc. Is massacring kids at the hand of a gun just as evil as beheading a single individual?

I repeat, it is not a cultural thing. It is an evil thing. Condemn the individual, by all means. Do not condemn a culture, race, or religion for the acts of the minority.

As for the Mohammad comment, I'm not a religious person. I respect people for having a religion but for me there's too much ruling by fear in religion. That's a different debate though.