Is it Racism or are there to many wet Liberals on here ?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Nuclearblue » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:28 pm

Yesterday I refered to Tan in a way that upset many claiming it was Racist. But those that are complaining like little girls, how about when Ridsdale was here. He was an English this English that. Or Leeds this Leeds that. The Jacks down the road are refered to as dirty inbred Gypos. But hey is that OK ?. Or how about the Welsh being described as Sheep shaggers, but that is OK. Or singing at Leeds Fans Jimmy Saville he's one of your own, claiming most Yorkshire folk are Peados ,What I said yesterday was tame as fook. I don't take a lot to upset some nampy pampy folk these days, But as I said before only football can turn people into hypocrites.
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
Nuclearblue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Is it Racism or are there to many wet Liberals on here ?

Postby Karl » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:30 pm

The only thing that upset me is that you made a jibe at him for being Thai.

If you're going to be racist the least you could do is not be ignorant about it.
Karl

Postby nobby » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:37 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Yesterday I refered to Tan in a way that upset many claiming it was Racist. But those that are complaining like little girls, how about when Ridsdale was here. He was an English this English that. Or Leeds this Leeds that. The Jacks down the road are refered to as dirty inbred Gypos. But hey is that OK ?. Or how about the Welsh being described as Sheep shaggers, but that is OK. Or singing at Leeds Fans Jimmy Saville he's one of your own, claiming most Yorkshire folk are Peados ,What I said yesterday was tame as fook. I don't take a lot to upset some nampy pampy folk these days, But as I said before only football can turn people into hypocrites.
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

You were out of order and the thread was removed move on and get over it.
nobby

Postby llan bluebird » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:50 pm

Its the contradiction I find confusing...... Too many wet liberals on here, but you then create a thread about Ravel Morrison and his history that could have come straight off wet liberal central at CCMB.
llan bluebird

Postby Blueboys1927 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:00 pm

Great Britain is now full of Lilly liveried liberals :bluescarf:
Blueboys1927

Postby Nuclearblue » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:09 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Its the contradiction I find confusing...... Too many wet liberals on here, but you then create a thread about Ravel Morrison and his history that could have come straight off wet liberal central at CCMB.

Yeah and its you lot who think words is worse than phsical violence. Incredible really Hmmmm
Nuclearblue

Postby Nuclearblue » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:09 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Its the contradiction I find confusing...... Too many wet liberals on here, but you then create a thread about Ravel Morrison and his history that could have come straight off wet liberal central at CCMB.

Yeah and its you lot who think words is worse than phsical violence. Incredible really Hmmmm
Nuclearblue

Postby grange_end1927 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:13 pm

The worlds gone mad,freedom of speech not allowed anymore :roll: any name calling is called racism,lighten up everyone
grange_end1927

Postby JAWS » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:19 pm

Your losing the plot and making a fool of yourself give it a rest ffs
JAWS

Postby RFMH » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:47 pm

You can't be racist to white people.
RFMH

Postby maccydee » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:18 pm

Yes Nukes everyone else is in the wrong and you are right.
maccydee

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:38 pm

maccydee wrote:Yes Nukes everyone else is in the wrong and you are right.

:lol: :lol:
Sneggyblubird

Postby Bluebird1977 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:06 pm

Tan is a t ng t ng faced tw*t i'll say it again if thats racist then deal with it. Tomany people are walking on eggshells while claiming one thing is racist yet another is not but its the same thing. When it suits as they say. I could go through the 1000s of threads on this very forum and highlight a word in every thread (going over the top) but deem racist, what a perfetic country we live in :shock:
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Postby maccydee » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:12 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:Tan is a t ng t ng faced tw*t i'll say it again if thats racist then deal with it. Tomany people are walking on eggshells while claiming one thing is racist yet another is not but its the same thing. When it suits as they say. I could go through the 1000s of threads on this very forum and highlight a word in every thread (going over the top) but deem racist, what a perfetic country we live in :shock:

Speechless
maccydee

Postby Achilles heel » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:13 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:Tan is a t ng t ng faced tw*t i'll say it again if thats racist then deal with it. Tomany people are walking on eggshells while claiming one thing is racist yet another is not but its the same thing. When it suits as they say. I could go through the 1000s of threads on this very forum and highlight a word in every thread (going over the top) but deem racist, what a perfetic country we live in :shock:

You've got some serious issues,take time out and deal with them :thumbup:
Achilles heel

Postby Bluebird1977 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:18 pm

maccydee wrote:

Speechless

Type then :laughing6:
:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: “We will dust ourselves down and go again” :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Bluebird1977

Postby Bluebird1977 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:18 pm

Achilles heel wrote:

You've got some serious issues,take time out and deal with them :thumbup:

Blow the trumpet chaps the PC brigade are in :thumbup:
Bluebird1977

Postby RFMH » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:23 pm

This, amongst a myriad of reasons, is why you can't be racist to white people.
RFMH

Postby Bluebird1977 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:29 pm

RFMH wrote:

Its how you look at it ive been called white boy and others i know called white trash it that racist ?? in my eyes its not as we laugh it off. Now put black before both words boy & trash and see how that sounds, racist?? yep of course its racist because thats how the RACE card works yet i got coloured mates who call eachother it and its perfectly fine then. Thats the country we live in :bluescarf:
Bluebird1977

Postby yellow_cab » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:51 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
RFMH wrote:

Its how you look at it ive been called white boy and others i know called white trash it that racist ?? in my eyes its not as we laugh it off. Now put black before both words boy & trash and see how that sounds, racist?? yep of course its racist because thats how the RACE card works yet i got coloured mates who call eachother it and its perfectly fine then. Thats the country we live in :bluescarf:

Fair play there's some right beauties on this forum.
yellow_cab

Postby wales1927 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:00 pm

love uk.jpg
love uk.jpg (26.7 KiB) Viewed 3386 times
wales1927

Postby Dve » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:18 pm

A black can call another black a nigger because they are equals. You can call your friend an idiot, but you would not do that to a stranger. I see the point about comparing whites to black when it comes to the amount of shit we are supposed to take, but you need to take into account 500 years of history. The Europeans made the Africans slaves, not the other way around. Brought into your country, the blacks were treated like shit, while you were the superiors. In Norway, we treated the Sami people the same way, and still today it´s of course far worse to call someone a f..king Sami, than a f..king Norwegian. Used to being discriminated against, there is no wonder you would be more sensitive to racial harassment. The definition of racism and discrimination always lies to the one feeling discriminated. Being called "white boy" is not racism, because no one cares.
Dve

Postby Bluetwin » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:21 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
RFMH wrote:

Its how you look at it ive been called white boy and others i know called white trash it that racist ?? in my eyes its not as we laugh it off. Now put black before both words boy & trash and see how that sounds, racist?? yep of course its racist because thats how the RACE card works yet i got coloured mates who call eachother it and its perfectly fine then. Thats the country we live in :bluescarf:[/quote

From the Macpherson Report. Here you go, educate yourself.

]Paragraph 14 of the Recommendation:
“To these ends, to adopt a broad definition of racist incident;
For the purposes of this Recommendation, a racist incident shall be:
‘any incident which is perceived to be racist by the victim or any other person’

74. The Recommendation provides that a racist incident be defined as an incident
which is perceived to be racist by the victim or any other person. The adoption
of such a broad definition of a racist incident has the advantage of sending the
message to the victims that their voice will be heard. This definition is drawn
from the 1999 Stephen Lawrence Inquiry Report by Sir William Macpherson of
Cluny (Cm 4262, Chapter 47, paragraph 12).

75. As mentioned above, the purpose of adopting a definition of a racist incident is
two-fold: firstly, to improve the recording and monitoring of racist incidents and,
secondly, to ensure that the police investigate all racist offences thoroughly and
do not overlook the racist motivation of ordinary offences.
Bluetwin

Postby RFMH » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:48 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
RFMH wrote:

I'm confused by your post really. The race card doesn't exist easy one off the bat. But also you can't be racist to white people because of the last like 2000 years of history and how it affects our society today. White people don't suffer that way. Bit similar to how you can't be sexist to men or ableist to able people.
RFMH

Postby Nuclearblue » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:08 am

Just a couple of replys to above posts. One comment on Europeans making Africans slaves is correct but tbat does not happen any more. But who is the worst offenders for suppressing Black rights and mistreatment oc Blacks ? Yes its Blacks themselves . Say but very very true.
And a reply to Bluetwin you said we can laugh off white boy and white trash. So what you are saying is Blacks must be shallow or humourless if they cant do it. You make it sound (not saying you are) but that whites are proud to be white so can shrug it off whilst Blacks are not.
Nuclearblue

Postby GSO Cardiff City » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:16 am

Just amazing the amount of people who hide their racism behind a patriotic flag...

If you're going to go on about ting tong or slitty eyes... you're a dick... there's no other way around it.

What you have to think is, could this phrase upset somebody because I am discriminating against them entirely because of their race...

If the answer is no, it's not poking fun at anyone, (and you still say it) then refer to A...
If the answer is yes, it's a racial trait and it would probably upset them, (and you still say it) then refer to B
if the answer is no, it's not racial but it would upset somebody, (and you still say it) then refer to C
If the answer is any of the above (and you then choose NOT to say it) refer to D

How many BNP members have we got on this bloody forum?! Seriously, if you think that kind of stuff is ok, refer to B or C

A - Fair Enough
B - You're an asshole
C - You're still an asshole
D - Well done on not being an asshole
Massive congratulations to those who continued their support, either in voice or in person. And to those who stood by their convictions, and who knew this day would come

10-01-15 The Day The Bluebirds Returned

Now @CardiffCityMBC on Twitter.
GSO Cardiff City

Postby Bluetwin » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:37 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Just a couple of replys to above posts. One comment on Europeans making Africans slaves is correct but tbat does not happen any more. But who is the worst offenders for suppressing Black rights and mistreatment oc Blacks ? Yes its Blacks themselves . Say but very very true.
And a reply to Bluetwin you said we can laugh off white boy and white trash. So what you are saying is Blacks must be shallow or humourless if they cant do it. You make it sound (not saying you are) but that whites are proud to be white so can shrug it off whilst Blacks are not.

Definitely not my words.

I posted a copy and paste from the Macpherson report only in that reply!
Bluetwin

Postby Warren of Merthyr » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:24 am

The term "Racist" is over used far to much imo
Warren of Merthyr

Postby AfricanBluebird » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:37 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Just a couple of replys to above posts. One comment on Europeans making Africans slaves is correct but tbat does not happen any more. But who is the worst offenders for suppressing Black rights and mistreatment oc Blacks ? Yes its Blacks themselves . Say but very very true.

Nuclear. I like most of your posts but this one is very misguided. Slavery is alive and well and much of the time it is related to race and poverty. I'm involved in an anti-human trafficking programme and I have been shocked by the amount of trafficking for slavery that takes place. There is more money in trafficking persons than drugs as people are a 'reusable' commodity.

However slavery and trafficking is across the board in terms of asians trafficking africans, africans trafficking africans, european trafficking everyone and americans, while a little more subtle about it, are implicit in funding and trafficking persons.

Walk around the red light district in Amsterdam and look at the number of ethnic minorities - most of whom have been trafficked and treated like slaves due to the demand from Europeans and Americans to have sex with people of colour. I was in the Hague last month at a workshop discussing these issues.

As a broader point I agree with your sentiments somewhat. While in the family enclosure in 2006 a guy 2 rows behind me shouted at an opposition player "f**k off you black banana eating monkey". My son was deeply upset, being black, he was seven at the time. When I challenged the guy he was of course embarrassed and fair play a number of people in the canton had a go at him. He apologised. Yes he used incredibly racially aggressive and offensive language but it wasn't that he was deeply racist, he was just a knob from aberdare who had absolutely no idea how to behave or control himself or aware of the number of black people around who would be offended. He was just a a bit of a prick who should have known better, if only for the sake of his own 10 year old son sitting next to him.

So for sticking up for my son and other minoroities who have to endure these kind of abusive outburst I won't apologise (incidents like that have been very few and he still supports city, thankfully) and if that makes me a wet liberal I think I would rather be a wet liberal than a racist apologist.

But white people discussing what is or isn't offensive / racism to black people strikes me as a little odd.
AfricanBluebird

Postby AfricanBluebird » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:48 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:

Nuclear. I like most of your posts but this one is very misguided. Slavery is alive and well and much of the time it is related to race and poverty. I'm involved in an anti-human trafficking programme and I have been shocked by the amount of trafficking for slavery that takes place. There is more money in trafficking persons than drugs as people are a 'reusable' commodity.

However slavery and trafficking is across the board in terms of asians trafficking africans, africans trafficking africans, european trafficking everyone and americans, while a little more subtle about it, are implicit in funding and trafficking persons.

Walk around the red light district in Amsterdam and look at the number of ethnic minorities - most of whom have been trafficked and treated like slaves due to the demand from Europeans and Americans to have sex with people of colour. I was in the Hague last month at a workshop discussing these issues.

As a broader point I agree with your sentiments somewhat. While in the family enclosure in 2006 a guy 2 rows behind me shouted at an opposition player "f**k off you black banana eating monkey". My son was deeply upset, being black, he was seven at the time. When I challenged the guy he was of course embarrassed and fair play a number of people in the canton had a go at him. He apologised. Yes he used incredibly racially aggressive and offensive language but it wasn't that he was deeply racist, he was just a knob from aberdare who had absolutely no idea how to behave or control himself or aware of the number of black people around who would be offended. He was just a a bit of a prick who should have known better, if only for the sake of his own 10 year old son sitting next to him.

So for sticking up for my son and other minoroities who have to endure these kind of abusive outburst I won't apologise (incidents like that have been very few and he still supports city, thankfully) and if that makes me a wet liberal I think I would rather be a wet liberal than a racist apologist.

But white people discussing what is or isn't offensive / racism to black people strikes me as a little odd.

You are though right to call out the hypocrisy of football fans although I think you slightly underestimate the history and emotive difference between colour as an entry point to abuse and discrimination and nationality.
AfricanBluebird

Next

Return to General Chat