Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I am happy for Swansea and their success

Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:27 am

Players are quite clearly in touch with their fans. Look at what Jonjo Shelvey did for that 7 year old cancer sufferer and also last season a load of players went to the funeral of a Swansea fan.

We are miles behind them in so many ways.

Good luck to them hopefully they will produce a class welsh striker as that's the missing piece for our national team.

Re: I am happy for Swansea and their success

Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:38 am

I'm not sure that happy is the right word from my point of view but I do have a respect & admiration of how the club runs comparing to the circus down here.

Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:39 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I'm not sure that happy is the right word from my point of view but I do have a respect & admiration of how the club runs comparing to the circus down here.

I have many friends who are Jacks. I am happy for them. When they do nice things for their fans as they are doing then good luck to them.

Our players haven't been one with the fans since Sam's days.

Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:19 pm

maccydee wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I'm not sure that happy is the right word from my point of view but I do have a respect & admiration of how the club runs comparing to the circus down here.

I have many friends who are Jacks. I am happy for them. When they do nice things for their fans as they are doing then good luck to them.

Our players have the most community visits in the Football league

Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:01 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:
maccydee wrote:

The Swansea players went to the funeral off their own back. Shelvey sorted that lad being a mascot off his own back. I can't imagine our guys doing this.

Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:43 pm

maccydee wrote:Players are quite clearly in touch with their fans. Look at what Jonjo Shelvey did for that 7 year old cancer sufferer and also last season a load of players went to the funeral of a Swansea fan.

Good luck to them hopefully they will produce a class welsh striker as that's the missing piece for our national team.

how about the cardiff lad bale.....as for the jacks doing what they do for fans that is admirable ..... :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:29 pm

krabb wrote:
maccydee wrote:Players are quite clearly in touch with their fans. Look at what Jonjo Shelvey did for that 7 year old cancer sufferer and also last season a load of players went to the funeral of a Swansea fan.

how about the cardiff lad bale.....as for the jacks doing what they do for fans that is admirable ..... :ayatollah:

I'm still waiting for our sell on fee for Bale.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:00 am

maccydee wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:
maccydee wrote:

The Swansea players went to the funeral off their own back. Shelvey sorted that lad being a mascot off his own back. I can't imagine our guys doing this.

Craig Noone was asked for a shirt by the Childrens Ward at the Heath to raise funds for toys etc, he goes in and buys them a PS4.

https://twitter.com/DreamsWishesOrg/sta ... 4767527936

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:09 am

PartyWithOle wrote:
maccydee wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Craig Noone was asked for a shirt by the Childrens Ward at the Heath to raise funds for toys etc, he goes in and buys them a PS4.

He's a nice fella too.

https://twitter.com/DreamsWishesOrg/sta ... 4767527936

Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:39 am

Oh yeah bloody delirious me :?

Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:48 pm

All Football players have a responsibility to their clubs fans to respect the people who support them in their jobs each week and to help less fortunate than them selves. I know Swans and Cardiff players and they do it as often as they can.

Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:40 pm

There are 2 reasons for their success......administration and being owned by a fan. I admire the way they handle their managers and their transfer dealings but the rest they can shove up their arse.
All this holier than thou 'we are better run than you' crap does me in......its down to luck and nothing else.
If we were run by a fan, do you think we'd have the debts we have? Do you think we'd be playing in friggin red with a toytown badge???
If the Jacks weren't run by local businessmen, where do you think they'd be now? The difference is, they are actually run by people who care about the club and put the best interests of the club first.
We have been run by a succession of arseholes for years......culminating in the latest offering.....a power mad, insecure Bond villain who loves red.
I can see why Swansea are seeking investment.....with their crowds and low wage structure, its impossible to compete with the top 10 long term. The fact they've done just that in recent years is a remarkable feat.