Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' HELL OF A GAME, WITH PASSION BUT INEXPERIENCE TOLD '

Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:22 pm

" HELL OF A GAME TODAY,WITH PASSION,BUT INEXPERIENCE TOLD IN THE END "

Derby County 2 Cardiff City 2

Cardiff City: Marshall ©, Brayford, Manga, Whittingham, Jones, Noone, Connolly, Gunnarsson, Adeyemi, Pilkington, Ralls. Subs: Moore, Le Fondre, John, Daehli, Guerra, Maynard, Morrison.

Crowd 27,251. Incl approx 1,500 Cardiff Fans :ayatollah:

After another week of turmoil at our club and a team left without not just a manager but his coaching staff, City travelled to Derby who are one of the favourites of the Championship.

City came out to a cauldron of noise created by the Derby fans, fair play they know how to make their stadium come alive.

City started with one up top, Kenwyne Jones.

City didn't create much in the first half but limited Derby to very little and as an away team were well worthy of a half time draw.

The second half was much like the first with Derby pressing forward once again and then out the blue to the delight of the travelling City fans we took the lead through Aron Gunnarsson.

The next ten minutes City were all over Derby and another of last season's players, Peter Whittingham, scored to make it 2-0.

It was now the Cardiff end making all the noise and believing we were going on to a great victory.

Derby had to take the game to City now, they had little to lose, and were soon back in the game pulling a goal back.

You could feel the inexperience was now starting to show and Derby were going to get back into it and they did with a hell of a strike to make it 2-2.

But fair play to City they didn't just sit back and defend, both teams went for the three points in the final minutes.

When that whistle went we were more than happy for Scott Young, Danny Gabbidon, our players and of course us, the fans.

As fans including myself I honestly thought we might take a hammering today.

My man of the match Manga :ayatollah:

At the moment we have two very inexperienced caretaker managers but as they say experience comes in doing the job itself and if fans can fully support them no matter what who knows what future lays ahead. :thumbup: :bluescarf:

For the first time this season I actually enjoyed the match and well done to the City fans for continually chanting Scott Young and Danny Gabbidon's names.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Re: ' HELL OF A GAME, WITH PASSION BUT INEXPERIENCE TOLD '

Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:29 pm

Yep, agree to all of that. Not losing was the important thing, regardless of 2 goal lead and from what I heard, the players showed a bit more fight today...particularly Adeyemi who is apparently looking fitter.

Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:34 pm

Certainly an excellent springboard for the team to bounce back and I would like to see the same 11 start Tuesday to get consistency established. Derby have a very good home record and have had a good start to the season, this result showed we do have a good back four, which will be boosted with the return of Fabio. Midfield needs to work better together and once that happens I'd like to see us go on a good run.

Well done to Gabbidon and Young, for selecting the right 11.

Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:39 pm

Most pleasing thing for me today is that we kept our shape even after the substitutions which didn't see our organisation fall apart this time.

Fair play to Scott & Gabbs today they had a go even after we went 2-0 up and you have to admire that. Good perfomances from Manga, Connelly, Brayford and I thought Adeyemi got stronger as the game went on. Besides the goals my favourite moment was Whitts taking one for the thier team out when he fouled the player trying to break on us in injury time. Shows me he cares and if Daehli had done the same against Middlesbrough we would'nt have lost that game either.

Positive signs today but means nothing unless we win next Saturday.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:42 pm

Not sure how it was the inexperience in the dugout that was shown up. We were second best all game bar the few minutes where we scored 2. I've no doubt we wouldn't have done any better under ole mind and it was a good point.

What todays game further showed is that we are nowhere near a top side in this league and all the talk of us having the best squad is unsubstantiated nonsense.

Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:46 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:Yep, agree to all of that. Not losing was the important thing, regardless of 2 goal lead and from what I heard, the players showed a bit more fight today...particularly Adeyemi who is apparently looking fitter.

Plenty of fight today,passion, just a pity we let the two goal lead slip.

Happy with a point though :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:47 pm

BlueView wrote:Certainly an excellent springboard for the team to bounce back and I would like to see the same 11 start Tuesday to get consistency established. Derby have a very good home record and have had a good start to the season, this result showed we do have a good back four, which will be boosted with the return of Fabio. Midfield needs to work better together and once that happens I'd like to see us go on a good run.

Well done to Gabbidon and Young, for selecting the right 11.

I would also like to see the same 11 used this Tuesday and next Sat :thumbright:

Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:48 pm

castleblue wrote:Most pleasing thing for me today is that we kept our shape even after the substitutions which didn't see our organisation fall apart this time.

Fair play to Scott & Gabbs today they had a go even after we went 2-0 up and you have to admire that. Good perfomances from Manga, Connelly, Brayford and I thought Adeyemi got stronger as the game went on. Besides the goals my favourite moment was Whitts taking one for the thier team out when he fouled the player trying to break on us in injury time. Shows me he cares and if Daehli had done the same against Middlesbrough we would'nt have lost that game either.

Positive signs today but means nothing unless we win next Saturday.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Some very positive signs today Gary :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:52 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:Not sure how it was the inexperience in the dugout that was shown up. We were second best all game bar the few minutes where we scored 2. I've no doubt we wouldn't have done any better under ole mind and it was a good point.

What todays game further showed is that we are nowhere near a top side in this league and all the talk of us having the best squad is unsubstantiated nonsense.

They game in my opinion would of been wrapped up by an experienced manager when we were 2nil up as Derby were there for the taking then and shell shocked,we did not close the game off, but I have nothing but praise for the both of them today :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I honestly can not see us going up this season,but I am just going to keep going and hopefully this type of battling performance continues,then that's all we can ask for and who knows what can happen :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:Not sure how it was the inexperience in the dugout that was shown up. We were second best all game bar the few minutes where we scored 2. I've no doubt we wouldn't have done any better under ole mind and it was a good point.

They game in my opinion would of been wrapped up by an experienced manager when we were 2nil up as Derby were there for the taking then and shell shocked,we did not close the game off, but I have nothing but praise for the both of them today :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I honestly can not see us going up this season,but I am just going to keep going and hopefully this type of battling performance continues,then that's all we can ask for and who knows what can happen :ayatollah:

I understand what you mean but my point is that we aren't good enough on the pitch to close games out, whoever we have in the dugout. Perhaps in 5 or 6 games we will be better organised, even if it's under the dynamic duo, and then we have a chance, but the Ole effect has seen us reduce to a disorganised shambles of a team lacking in confidence.

Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:10 pm

Good point :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:15 pm

Very good point and would have taken it before we travelled. But we have to stop letting decent leads slip.

if we are 2 up go for a third until the last 10 minutes maybe. Atack puts pressure on teams and stops then continually attacking us

Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:44 pm

I told you and Carl before the game that I think we might nick it. :lol:
ALF was an inch away getting onto that through ball which I believe would have been the winner.

Anyway great support great day of football.

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:00 pm

I agree with someone else who said it earlier......

we should not follow the norm for league cup matches...I.e. give the squad players a game.....

for Bournemouth on Tuesday we should definitely play the same team as selected today......firstly to give the players some confidence and consistency of being and playing together,

and secondly to WIN the cup tie.

There may be a tweak or two as we are playing at home but let's play our best eleven and let's win on Tuesday.

Ditto for next Saturday.

Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:48 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:Very good point and would have taken it before we travelled. But we have to stop letting decent leads slip.

if we are 2 up go for a third until the last 10 minutes maybe. Atack puts pressure on teams and stops then continually attacking us

Spot on :thumbright:

Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:48 pm

Hoochie Coochie Blues wrote:I told you and Carl before the game that I think we might nick it. :lol:
ALF was an inch away getting onto that through ball which I believe would have been the winner.

Anyway great support great day of football.

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

You did :thumbright:

Good to see you again :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:49 pm

barry boy wrote:I agree with someone else who said it earlier......

we should not follow the norm for league cup matches...I.e. give the squad players a game.....

for Bournemouth on Tuesday we should definitely play the same team as selected today......firstly to give the players some confidence and consistency of being and playing together,

and secondly to WIN the cup tie.

There may be a tweak or two as we are playing at home but let's play our best eleven and let's win on Tuesday.

Ditto for next Saturday.

Play the same team, in next 2 games :thumbright:

Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:08 pm

I would agree with that and we looked like a team again so now let hard work begin:-)

Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:09 pm

ccfc-luke wrote:I would agree with that and we looked like a team again so now let hard work begin:-)

Luke, it was good to enjoy watching Cardiff City again :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:48 am

Forever Blue wrote:" HELL OF A GAME TODAY,WITH PASSION,BUT INEXPERIENCE TOLD IN THE END "

Derby County 2 Cardiff City 2

Cardiff City: Marshall ©, Brayford, Manga, Whittingham, Jones, Noone, Connolly, Gunnarsson, Adeyemi, Pilkington, Ralls. Subs: Moore, Le Fondre, John, Daehli, Guerra, Maynard, Morrison.

Crowd 27,551. Incl approx 1,500 Cardiff Fans :ayatollah:

After another week of turmoil at our club and a team left without not just a manager but his coaching staff, City travelled to Derby who are one of the favourites of the Championship.

City came out to a cauldron of noise created by the Derby fans, fair play they know how to make their stadium come alive.

City started with one up top, Kenwyne Jones.good post annis enjoyed the game as well and the atmosphere

City didn't create much in the first half but limited Derby to very little and as an away team were well worthy of a half time draw.

The second half was much like the first with Derby pressing forward once again and then out the blue to the delight of the travelling City fans we took the lead through Aron Gunnarsson.

The next ten minutes City were all over Derby and another of last season's players, Peter Whittingham, scored to make it 2-0.

It was now the Cardiff end making all the noise and believing we were going on to a great victory.

Derby had to take the game to City now, they had little to lose, and were soon back in the game pulling a goal back.

You could feel the inexperience was now starting to show and Derby were going to get back into it and they did with a hell of a strike to make it 2-2.

But fair play to City they didn't just sit back and defend, both teams went for the three points in the final minutes.

When that whistle went we were more than happy for Scott Young, Danny Gabbidon, our players and of course us, the fans.

As fans including myself I honestly thought we might take a hammering today.

My man of the match Manga :ayatollah:

At the moment we have two very inexperienced caretaker managers but as they say experience comes in doing the job itself and if fans can fully support them no matter what who knows what future lays ahead. :thumbup: :bluescarf:

For the first time this season I actually enjoyed the match and well done to the City fans for continually chanting Scott Young and Danny Gabbidon's names.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:52 am

Good post annis agree with everything you say enjoyed the game as well and the atmosphere just a shame we didn't see it .enjoyed the the day as well it was a good trip enjoyed our chat in the dog duck .

Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:26 am

cardiff 74 wrote:Good post annis agree with everything you say enjoyed the game as well and the atmosphere just a shame we didn't see it .enjoyed the the day as well it was a good trip enjoyed our chat in the dog duck .

Martyn, Always enjoy our chats :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:01 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I understand what you mean but my point is that we aren't good enough on the pitch to close games out, whoever we have in the dugout. Perhaps in 5 or 6 games we will be better organised, even if it's under the dynamic duo, and then we have a chance, but the Ole effect has seen us reduce to a disorganised shambles of a team lacking in confidence.

We have the squad of players to do this, dont you think? I am willing to give the current two a couple more games to see how they do, but the longer all this goes on, we can say goodbye to automatic promotion in my opinion.