Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " I thought Some our fans let themselves down last night

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" I thought Some our fans let themselves down last night "

First of all, No I am not an Ole fan regarding his management,in fact one of his biggest critics for months,as many know, but yes I have always respected him as a person as he is a gentleman,honest,sincere and respectful and a great player from the past :thumbright:

Last night I stayed behind after the final whistle, to see our fans,players and Oles reactions at the end.

Ole clapped every end after shaking hands with the players/ref/linesmen etc After clapping the Ninian Stand, he shook a couple more players hands and walked over to the Ninian Stand, many,many fans not only booed him, but abused him,insulted him and stuck their fingers up to him :shock: :shock:

Yes Ole has failed us,but not for the want of trying, he is just not up to the job and is to inexperienced, not his fault, our regime chose him to come here. Ole has never been arrogant or big headed, unlike some previous managers.

Surely there was no need for that? booing, yes you paid your money,but abuse him NO.

Come on Cardiff Fans were better than that. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i thought the same thing annis.

it was a mark of his decency that he didnt head straight down the tunnel but thanked the fans for turning up. 'sort it out ole' and that sort of chant is fine, but some of the stuff i heard shouted was poor form from some fans.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:42 pm

Agreed Annis. I did shout bye bye Ole but only after I thought you told to me to. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:45 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=147637

My thoughts

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:46 pm

Ole has a lot to learn but fair play to him hes tried and i agree with previous comments he got appointed but to abuse him thats low yea he needs more experience and i look forward to the new manager hopefully (pulis) coming in but some fans aint got a clue about life or football shame on you :?

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:46 pm

Young snibs wrote:Like the man don't thinks it's fair he got that reception but at the end of the day I pay £400 for that pile of shit and so does many other fans

£689 here. premiership prices.

charging that sort of money means you are inclined to feel mugged if you have gone to a match where the players don't want to know.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:00 pm

Aweful game ,the players lost it for him ,didn't seem to be trying if u ask me .He had to go tho but with respect

Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:47 pm

Totally agree, not the cardiff fans I was brought up with.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:54 pm

langley wrote:Totally agree, not the cardiff fans I was brought up with.

No they used to beat other fans up. Storm the board room, chant let em die when a player is injured. Just saying like :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:58 pm

Swindon Bluebird wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
The rep of the club is more important than your bigoted, crass stupidity. Next time I suggest you follow the majority of descent fans who wished him well.

sorry fella. I think the well wishers were in the minority. Myself and the guy stood next to me in the canton were applauding the team and manager off at full time when all around us were boos and sacked in the morning chants.

with home support like last night, who needs away fans?!!!!!!

I'm intrigued to know why you felt the manager and team deserved applause after that shambolic display?

Taken from the Cambridge Online Dictionary:

Applaud (v): to show enjoyment or approval of something such as a performance or speech by clapping the hands repeatedly to make a noise

If booing is not your thing then a dignified silence would have been better.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:20 am

Sat in work today thinking about this and it out a lump in my throat thinking about someone as humble as solskjaer taking abuse like that last night. Absolutely horrible, our fan base is an utter disgrace, and I hope the minority of posters on this thread stay as humble and respectful as they were last night. Because I'd hate to see anyone turn into the absolute mindless idiots in attendance there last night

Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:35 am

I just walked out in silence last night didn't boo and never have booed the team off never mind how pissed off I feel. Fair plat to Solskjaer for walking around and applauding the fans most Managers would have scuttled off down the tunnel and shame on the fans who abused him.

Solskjaer seems a really nice guy and someone you would want to meet but possibly he is not cut out for the cut, thrust and ruthlessness of football management I wish him well for the future wherever he ends up. :old:

Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:54 am

Not only after the game yesterday...

Lots on this site has been negative all the way. Some even hoped the team would lose just to be proven right.

This will never change, a bunch of crybabies thats what lots of you are. Tbh I wish I was blue without even notice this site, cause theres so many on here that should never EVER be allowed to call em self fans.
Dont leave cardiffcityforum without feeling blue, guess thats the motto... Fans? No way, lots of you will never understand the meaning, EVER!

Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:54 am

The 'Your getting sacked in the morning chants were really sad' not even their fans sang that, it was a disgrace.I stayed to the final whistle hoping for an equalizer but walked straight out after as I felt for once the players did not deserve a clap.
What I did enjoy in the canton was some old school humour.........you thought we scored chant to the ninian.......then lets pretend we scored....twice.......followed by 2-1 to the sheepshaggers.............made the drive home almost bearable. :laughing6:

Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:05 am

My own opinion, but I felt the display at the end deserved applause I thought we looked ok after guerra came on. It's not as if Ole wasn't trying, he may be just not good enough.

if you want to start definining terms

Supporter : someone who backs/approves or encourages a person/party/team. How many supporters were there tuesday?
latcher wrote:
Swindon Bluebird wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:
The rep of the club is more important than your bigoted, crass stupidity. Next time I suggest you follow the majority of descent fans who wished him well.

sorry fella. I think the well wishers were in the minority. Myself and the guy stood next to me in the canton were applauding the team and manager off at full time when all around us were boos and sacked in the morning chants.

I'm intrigued to know why you felt the manager and team deserved applause after that shambolic display?

Applaud (v): to show enjoyment or approval of something such as a performance or speech by clapping the hands repeatedly to make a noise

Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:06 am

My own opinion, but I felt the display at the end deserved applause I thought we looked ok after guerra came on. It's not as if Ole wasn't trying, he may be just not good enough.

if you want to start definining terms

Supporter : someone who backs/approves or encourages a person/party/team. How many supporters were there tuesday?
latcher wrote:
Swindon Bluebird wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:

Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:39 am

Missed both defeats due to work and had the displeasure of listening to the games on the radio. The one thing that came across was the crowd was at its loudest when booing the team or with it's exasperating sighs at a misplaced pass. We never used to be like this what has happened. Don't agree with booing our own players or management cannot see what good comes out of it for the next game. The football as been poor and this talk of all out attack hasn't been fulfilled. We can all have bad days in work and were currently in a bad spell I don't think we need to become like the continental teams booing and waving a white handkerchief to show our displeasure we have someone running our club whatever we think of him doesn't tolerate failure and will act swiftly if needed.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:50 am

I personally didn't boo at full time. I never have & never will & I've seen a lot rougher times than these.
However, I certainly didn't clap either as neither the team or the manager deserved it. Absolutely shocking display with no heart, fight or enthusiasm shown. Why would anyone.
Mind you, I dread to think what will happen if another 'up & coming, young & inexperienced' manager like Paul Hartley comes in.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:54 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I personally didn't boo at full time. I never have & never will & I've seen a lot rougher times than these.
However, I certainly didn't clap either as neither the team or the manager deserved it. Absolutely shocking display with no heart, fight or enthusiasm shown. Why would anyone.
Mind you, I dread to think what will happen if another 'up & coming, young & inexperienced' manager like Paul Hartley comes in.

If I was there like many a time before that would have been my stance as well and I'd like to think most don't boo. There are people by me who I only hear when it's negative it's like sitting by my missus

Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:03 am

cendl blue wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I personally didn't boo at full time. I never have & never will & I've seen a lot rougher times than these.

If I was there like many a time before that would have been my stance as well and I'd like to think most don't boo. There are people by me who I only hear when it's negative it's like sitting by my missus

Mate, there was a guy sat behind me with a cockney accent (who was obviously a City 'fan') who constantly complained for 90 minutes. Well 80 actually because he left early & with injury time missed a quarter of an hour of the game!
He didn't just speak to the woman he was with but just projected his voice constantly so everybody could hear his annoying twang & constant negativity.
He went on & on & on about their player going down to waste time which resulted in him being stretchered off with a nasty injury!
Some of our fans are not happy until their moaning.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:03 pm

A lot of people giving stick to the City fans who voiced their opinions a bit more aggressively regarding that inept display. The majority wanted OGS out because 30 games,9 wins ,16 defeats, 29 team changes,poor football. Yes some shout louder than others,some of the things said pretty low and hurtful, but would he have decided to go if the abuse was not to a standard to make him think he was no longer wanted. The odd moan and boo, he most probably been still in charge for Derby. As it is the City fans you all have a go at have done the dirty work for you ,and what the majority wanted you now have. Sometimes harsh things need to be said to get to where we need to go. Change was needed, and a nice guy is not want I want. I have no sentiment for managers who loose their jobs.They get a nice pay off and then walk into another job. Not like the majority of City fans you condemn for venting their anger , who if they performed their work duties like OGS, would be sacked no pay off,and in this economic climate struggle to find another job. I don't care if we have to sack a manager every six months, all I want is a manager that can give the City fans what we all want and that's a team that plays firstly for the shirt, pride when they pull that top on, playing for the fans, decent football, even if we loose I can walk away saying we gave it our all. Just give us something to shout about on match day,get some atmosphere in the ground, make it a place teams and opposition supporters hate coming to. I want the intimidation back. I want my Cardiff back.