Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" I thought Some our fans let themselves down last night "

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:17 pm

" I thought Some our fans let themselves down last night "

First of all, No I am not an Ole fan regarding his management,in fact one of his biggest critics for months,as many know, but yes I have always respected him as a person as he is a gentleman,honest,sincere and respectful and a great player from the past :thumbright:

Last night I stayed behind after the final whistle, to see our fans,players and Oles reactions at the end.

Ole clapped every end after shaking hands with the players/ref/linesmen etc After clapping the Ninian Stand, he shook a couple more players hands and walked over to the Ninian Stand, many,many fans not only booed him, but abused him,insulted him and stuck their fingers up to him :shock: :shock:

Yes Ole has failed us,but not for the want of trying, he is just not up to the job and is to inexperienced, not his fault, our regime chose him to come here. Ole has never been arrogant or big headed, unlike some previous managers.

Surely there was no need for that? booing, yes you paid your money,but abuse him NO.

Come on Cardiff Fans were better than that. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " I thought Some our fans let themselves down last night

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:25 pm

Totally agree.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:27 pm

If that was the case....it shows that Ole has class and some of our fans do n't.
:thumbup:

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:28 pm

This just sums up a lot of our fans who are pig ignorant,they are entitled to be critical of the teams performances as they pay their hard earned cash every week to support our team but that does not entitle them to abuse Ole, who has been very professional, polite and appreciative of the fans support.The ones who abused him are not real fans in my opinion and should have some action taken against them if possible.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:30 pm

Giving the man that sort of abuse is disgusting. Ole didn't want to take the job when he was first offered it and he was indeed advised to stay well clear. It was Dalman who kept up the chase until he got the man he wanted. Obviously he has to be replaced now as he's not taking the Club forward and he knows that but to abuse him like that is totally pathetic. Some of our Fans are f*cking Neanderthals :evil:

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:31 pm

Over the years, lord knows, we have had more than our fair share of disappointment to say the least.

But, abuse, yes abuse of anyone at the club is not the way.

We all feel gutted but never take it to a personal level.

Bloobirds Forever !!! :bluescarf:

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:33 pm

I agree with that, ole seems like a really nice man but all he was getting last night when clapping people off the pitch was abuse which I thought wasn't warranted, yes it hasn't worked out but I don't think he deserves to be treated like that

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:36 pm

Annis I was saying very much the same in work today.

I was cringing watching some of our fans hurl abuse at Ole after the game.

I have never booed any City side and hope I never will, only once I have called for a manager to be sacked and that was Frank Burrows, after a 0-0 with Luton Town on a Sunday afternoon, which I think was his last game.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:37 pm

Everything was aimed at Ole and ultimately he has a responsibility to take the blame and yet the team is made up of solid pros, many of whom are above this level who should also take a share of the blame.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:38 pm

Totally agree. I was surprised by how many booed at half time and full time.

In no way am I defending him, but he's had to overhaul the squad in the space of 6 months. Of course it was always going to be a transitional period and he seems to have the right idea in terms of youth development. He isnt afraid to bring players back in from the wilderness and I also think he's made some good signings.

It's all about implementing his philosophy and I feel it would take another 6 months to kick in. He may well turn things around and start to get the players playing neat quick football.

Yes, it would be nice for a return to the prem, but I was not expecting to bounce straight back this yer. I think its a bit brash to dismiss the man as I think there's a lot of season to play yet.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:39 pm

Wanker gestures, sacked in the morning, middle fingers being put up, to a man clearly apologetic and thanking our fans for our support. Our fans are true tosses

Shootout to fan in the Ninian Stand who kept the ball during stoppage time as well, tosser

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:44 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:Wanker gestures, sacked in the morning, middle fingers being put up, to a man clearly apologetic and thanking our fans for our support. Our fans are true tosses

Shootout to fan in the Ninian Stand who kept the ball during stoppage time as well, tosser

Yep, fair comments...particular to the prat that kept the ball when we needed it in play (he looked like he was no naive youngster from where i was sitting) and I hope he feels as stupid and pathetic as he looked! :oops:

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:46 pm

Ole is probably too nice a guy, I watched him and Pulis last year in terms of emotional input at the Palace debacle. Pulis at times was five yards on the pitch cajoling, encouraging and demanding .Ole in comparison was hardly noticeable. We need a dog , someone who is not afraid to go and confront and get physical with idle wage grabbers who stroll around doing nothing for the club At Palace Pulis did this and dragged them up, those who caved in were sent to Coventry.He accepts nothing but 100% hence his demand by Chairmen.By Xmas several Premier managers will walk so Pulis will have a choice, but money does scream if a huge sum is offered who knows. Other than that it is doubtful Pulis would put himself in the frame, god we need him and his uncompromising philosophy ...give him 5 million anything just get him.As a footnote good luck to Ole a nice guy who was way out of his depth.No shame in that I hope he find peace somewhere with a youth academy the youngsters will love him.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:51 pm

Thank goodness it wasn't widely televised!

To the Einsteins who showed such disrespect: Who in their right mind would consider coming to a club that treats a perfectly professional and personable manager so badly??? Exactly!!!

The rep of the club is more important than your bigoted, crass stupidity. Next time I suggest you follow the majority of descent fans who wished him well.

To any prospective manager out there: Please come to Wales, a country of culture and some great football!!

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" I thought Some our fans let themselves down last night "

First of all, No I am not an Ole fan regarding his management,in fact one of his biggest critics for months,as many know, but yes I have always respected him as a person as he is a gentleman,honest,sincere and respectful and a great player from the past :thumbright:

Last night I stayed behind after the final whistle, to see our fans,players and Oles reactions at the end.

Ole clapped every end after shaking hands with the players/ref/linesmen etc After clapping the Ninian Stand, he shook a couple more players hands and walked over to the Ninian Stand, many,many fans not only booed him, but abused him,insulted him and stuck their fingers up to him :shock: :shock:

Yes Ole has failed us,but not for the want of trying, he is just not up to the job and is to inexperienced, not his fault, our regime chose him to come here. Ole has never been arrogant or big headed, unlike some previous managers.

Surely there was no need for that? booing, yes you paid your money,but abuse him NO.

Nicely summed up Annis. Our fans are not the classiest bunch by a long way. :(

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:56 pm

No need to abuse him. He has tried his hardest but he has failed. Unlike jones ole always acknowledged the fans and deserves respect.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:59 pm

Sven wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:Wanker gestures, sacked in the morning, middle fingers being put up, to a man clearly apologetic and thanking our fans for our support. Our fans are true tosses

Yep, fair comments...particular to the prat that kept the ball when we needed it in play (he looked like he was no naive youngster from where i was sitting) and I hope he feels as stupid and pathetic as he looked! :oops:

I genuinely feel our fans are happy to part money, an excessive amount just to let their hate out every ninety minutes.

What a moron though, imagine keeping the ball in stoppage time, like you said he wasn't a youngster either

Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:01 pm

Annis you say come on Cardiff fans were better than that but there is so many awful fickle fans who do not know how to support our club it's a joke I'd expect nothing less than 2 fingers from there. Some real shite Cardiff fans mate

Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:05 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:
The rep of the club is more important than your bigoted, crass stupidity. Next time I suggest you follow the majority of descent fans who wished him well.

sorry fella. I think the well wishers were in the minority. Myself and the guy stood next to me in the canton were applauding the team and manager off at full time when all around us were boos and sacked in the morning chants.

with home support like last night, who needs away fans?!!!!!!

Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:17 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:
Sven wrote:

I genuinely feel our fans are happy to part money, an excessive amount just to let their hate out every ninety minutes.

What a moron though, imagine keeping the ball in stoppage time, like you said he wasn't a youngster either

He was in his 50s, no question. Was sat not far from him, saw him catch the ball then show off that he had it. Gunnar and the fans screamed at him to throw it back, then he seemed to get nervous and think he couldn't throw it far enough so just passed it to someone else. What a tw*t, I wanted to have a few strong words with him.

As for our fans, Annis, I've been disgusted these past two games. I knew it was bad, and I've not been happy with how quick we get on players backs for a few years now, but these past two games have been a disgrace. Everyone is a f*cking football manager sat behind me, apparently.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:19 pm

Totally agree and unjustified...

Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:23 pm

I'll say it again, tradition over success was the big sentence I was hearing on here, load of tosh.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:31 pm

Disappointing but not surprising. Shame.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:42 pm

Indeed, felt really bad for him, Even my 15 year old son said "That's really harsh".

All the best Ole.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:46 pm

Yet someone who has put well over £100 million into the club is fair game :cry:

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:04 pm

Ole is a top bloke. You can see why he has been such a successful person in life with his never give up attitude and meeting adversity head on. Never ducked the boo-boys and fronted up to them. Go on and succeed in management Ole, all the best!! Some great managers have got sacked and come back better for it (you never know, Ole might read this :laughing6: ) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:10 pm

ThomasC wrote:

Ole is a top bloke. You can see why he has been such a successful person in life with his never give up attitude and meeting adversity head on. Never ducked the boo-boys and fronted up to them. Go on and succeed in management Ole, all the best!! Some great managers have got sacked and come back better for it (you never know, Ole might read this :laughing6: ) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

He's a better man than many of the cunts that call themselves fans. Including quite a few on here

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:14 pm

A proper gentleman and a genuinely nice man. Rare in football these days. Hasnt worked out on pitch but ole deserves respect as a person. Genuine and honest guy. Not like some in football who present a well trained media persona but who in reality are quite different. Ole will always being a playing legend and i wish him the best :ole:

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:18 pm

CardiffOz wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

He's a better man than many of the cunts that call themselves fans. Including quite a few on here

That game was a shocker, the players got him sacked last night. Ole picked/bought them so the boos at the end were justified. Without going into tactics and formations, it's still 11 vs 11 and boro players were generally better and not put under much pressure. He always accepted the responsibility of getting us promoted first time round, not an easy job! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:27 pm

Like the man don't thinks it's fair he got that reception but at the end of the day I pay £400 for that pile of shit and so does many other fans