Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Summoned to a meeting "

Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:56 pm

I am losing patience, people calling him a pr*ck around me though is what annoys me, really nice bloke.

If we however do replace him with Pulis I am happy to give my season ticket up.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:58 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:I am losing patience, people calling him a pr*ck around me though is what annoys me, really nice bloke.

Serious?

Why?

Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:00 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:I am losing patience, people calling him a pr*ck around me though is what annoys me, really nice bloke.

Nothing wrong with ole personally, lovely guy, just not the right man for the job.. Doesn't deserve any verbal abuse, just a thank you, it didnt work, We have to move on....

Giving season ticket up?? That's a bit over the top.... For what reason?

Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:03 pm

If anyone is willing to give me advice on how to go about it if it was to happen it be much appreciated, I spent good money on a crock of Football under MM, I've spent some on Ole who is struggling to bring his brand and style across but to opt for Pulis who offers the same, not a chance. I would like to see us look at possibly going for Steve Clarke.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:08 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:If anyone is willing to give me advice on how to go about it if it was to happen it be much appreciated, I spent good money on a crock of Football under MM, I've spent some on Ole who is struggling to bring his brand and style across but to opt for Pulis who offers the same, not a chance. I would like to see us look at possibly going for Steve Clarke.

Clarke is a great coach, but he's not a manager.. Outstanding no.2.

Dando. Some of us have had season tickets for years, managers come and go but we still give our all to support the xi on the field,

If we do appoint pulls and that's an if, we would get stability, players playing in the right position, a good shape and be hard to beat.. We have some real talent here that can do damage and I think he could work well with these... 11th with palace was incredible. And stoke rarely finished near the relegation... I'd be very happy if we were a top half of premier league table side...

Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:10 pm

Ive just also been told , they are trying to work out compensation etc and how to settle it all on good terms.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:12 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:If anyone is willing to give me advice on how to go about it if it was to happen it be much appreciated, I spent good money on a crock of Football under MM, I've spent some on Ole who is struggling to bring his brand and style across but to opt for Pulis who offers the same, not a chance. I would like to see us look at possibly going for Steve Clarke.

Dando. Some of us have had season tickets for years, managers come and go but we still give our all to support the xi on the field,

If we do appoint pulls and that's an if, we would get stability, players playing in the right position, a good shape and be hard to beat.. We have some real talent here that can do damage and I think he could work well with these... 11th with palace was incredible. And stoke rarely finished near the relegation... I'd be very happy if we were a top half of premier league table side...

Not doubting Pulis and what he can do with teams because what he done last season and with Stoke is remarkable especially being a British and Welsh manager which shows that even in the Prem you don't need foreign managers to do well.

I would still go to games but to put 300 quid of my cash to watch us lose and not put much effort or play well.. I would like to see us go for someone different to Pulis. I have no doubt he will be top of the list though.

I might be being dramatic but it's just frustrating time for the club and us fans.. got an incredible squad.. disappointing because I had good hopes for Ole, it's sad because a lot of people who have met him knows hes a top bloke.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Ive just also been told , they are trying to work out compensation etc and how to settle it all on good terms.

Good news for the team, and for the the fans as last night was abysmal to watch, it's not too late to get someone in and have a real good go at promotion this season Annis :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:17 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:

Not doubting Pulis and what he can do with teams because what he done last season and with Stoke is remarkable especially being a British and Welsh manager which shows that even in the Prem you don't need foreign managers to do well.

I would still go to games but to put 300 quid of my cash to watch us lose and not put much effort or play well.. I would like to see us go for someone different to Pulis. I have no doubt he will be top of the list though.

I might be being dramatic but it's just frustrating time for the club and us fans.. got an incredible squad.. disappointing because I had good hopes for Ole, it's sad because a lot of people who have met him knows hes a top bloke.

Totally understand the disappointment and to think it may cost us more next yr, it can be difficult to take and watch sometimes.... Believe me, seen a lot worse...

Chin up... We have an amazing squad that someone will be able to work with and get the best.. Players perform so differently for managers.. They will be hungry and want to prove a point... The desire and determination will be evident... Once we get stability and the good thing is if we act now, there's still over 100 pts to play for!,

Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Ive just also been told , they are trying to work out compensation etc and how to settle it all on good terms.

So it's pretty much going ahead then? :/

Any news on a timescale for that? Shame it had to come to this but if a new manager makes a difference then it's for the better I suppose, and much respect to OGS for taking on a sinking ship in the first place :P Best of luck to him!

Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:20 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:

Totally understand the disappointment and to think it may cost us more next yr, it can be difficult to take and watch sometimes.... Believe me, seen a lot worse...

Chin up... We have an amazing squad that someone will be able to work with and get the best.. Players perform so differently for managers.. They will be hungry and want to prove a point... The desire and determination will be evident... Once we get stability and the good thing is if we act now, there's still over 100 pts to play for!,

It is for the best, just not a nice case of affairs.

It does bring me down a bit, it's never nice having the club being surrounded with negativity.

Agree with everything said.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:55 pm

I hope your right , you seem to know what happening at the club more, keep it up thanks for the updated.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:09 pm

Ibby wrote:

I hope your right , you seem to know what happening at the club more, keep it up thanks for the updated.

Told by someone who is reliable, but nothing is ever guaranteed.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:03 pm

i thought we would become a hire and fire club after sacking MM, and that fear has come to fruition i think.

assuming ole has gone, how long will the next man in get? what would his objective be this season?

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:07 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foot ... ay-7783854?

Cardiff City: How a remarkable day unfolded as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer accepted it's time to move on.