Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Summoned to a meeting "

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:39 pm

Isn't a rolling contract always a season ahead of where you are because wasn't Dave Jones after the following seasons wages too bearing in mind he was sacked after the play off exit

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:Surely OGS contract is up in January, appointed on a 1-yr rolling contract I believe?

It is Cal, but do we wait till then?

£4 million a season in wages, plus bonuses :shock:
I can't see it being that much that's more than most of the manager s At top clubs

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:45 pm

Yes, Dave Jones' rolling contract meant he could be sacked at any time as long as the club gave him 12 months wages as compensation. So to get rid of Ole we would have to pay him 12 months wages.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:46 pm

bspark wrote:Yes, Dave Jones' rolling contract meant he could be sacked at any time as long as the club gave him 12 months wages as compensation. So to get rid of Ole we would have to pay him 12 months wages.

I thought so and they still haven't paid him up hence why he's still involved somehow

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:47 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:Surely OGS contract is up in January, appointed on a 1-yr rolling contract I believe?

I can't see it being that much that's more than most of the manager s At top clubs

Wez, He wasnt interested and they had to keep upping their offer to persuade him.

Money talked.

And we signed him all because of Man United/Red and a big name, but they forgot not a big name in management.

He had approx £2mill for taking us down, Jan to June.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:49 pm

bspark wrote:Yes, Dave Jones' rolling contract meant he could be sacked at any time as long as the club gave him 12 months wages as compensation. So to get rid of Ole we would have to pay him 12 months wages.

When will the people at our club ever learn?

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Wez, He wasnt interested and they had to keep upping their offer to persuade him.

Money talked.

And we signed him all because of Man United/Red and a big name, but they forgot not a big name in management.

He had approx £2mill for taking us down, Jan to June.

I said that here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=147505

I'm not far off when I say that the club would have to pay 18 months up which is £5/6 million

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:59 pm

https://www.flickr.com/photos/joncandy/ ... 7693714685

Glenn Roeder definitely there tonight

Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:09 am

The guy sitting on the far end next to Dalman looks like Chris Coleman as well.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:17 am

Where's Party With Ole tonight? Has he lost his voice?

Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:24 am

A one year rolling contract means there is always a year left to run. Sack him tomorrow and he'll get paid until 16th Sept 2015, sack him in Jan 2015 and he gets paid until Jan 2016. I believe Dave Jones was employed in the same manner.

I saw the game on line tonight and the team were very poor. I genuinely felt sorry for the fans who went there with some hopes of a turn around, they paid good money to support their team, and had to watch that. I said when Ole got the job, he had come from managing the Norwegian version of TNS, to managing a club playing in the biggest league in the world. A bold, if foolish move, but its not worked. Time to change things, and change them fast.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:36 am

CalShepCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I hope not... £4m in wages?!?!

Reported to be pulis was on around £2m at stoke and palace so money wouldn't be a problem in my eyes

Working with tan would be biggest stumbling block

I think pulis is great but still wouldn't want him here

Personally if things don't improve fast I see dave jones here to steady ship until end of season

Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:39 am

100% glen roeder done a decent job at Newcastle wrongly sacked I think

Not saying he's good enough but a very good coach and assistant manager by most accounts

Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:02 am

Sorry XAJAX but you've got it wrong - a 1 year rolling contract does not mean that it always has 12 months to run, It means it is automatically renewed for periods of 12 months at the end (or within notice period), unless one or both parties serves notice of termination in accordance with whatever notice period and termination clauses are included in the paperwork.

As for compensation, there will be a separate section/clause detailing the financial pay off for termination inside of the contract period, but if notice is served correctly then no severance will be payable UNLESS there are additional special clauses..

Either way he should go and go now before the rest of season is ruined, we have the best squad in the championship and some great players - but they not doing the business for OGS and he should fall on his sword.....

Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:05 am

He is trying to employ the same tactics as alex furgurson did at Man u. Unfortunately our squad isnt at that level. We need to have a set core of 8/9 players that are therr playing every week. STOP THE ROTATION POLICY OLE

Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:44 am

Roeder next to borley? Looks like sam down the bottom left too?

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:04 am

PartyWithOle wrote:https://www.flickr.com/photos/joncandy/15239420476/in/set-72157647693714685

Interesting that. Maybe being installed to help OGS out?

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:17 am

ThomasC wrote:Not many envisaged how boring it would be to watch city with ole at the helm.

Just thought, this means that our most exciting football came from under Dave Jones :')

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:28 am

Liles93 wrote:
ThomasC wrote:Not many envisaged how boring it would be to watch city with ole at the helm.

Just thought, this means that our most exciting football came from under Dave Jones :')

Yes, good point :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Jones got the best out of maverick players like Bothroyd who should of had a better career with the talent he had. Jones got the best out of him and many others :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:58 am

REALLY believe that we have got the best squad we have ever hadWe should be doing better not only in points but in the way we paly as well Manager just not good enough

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:04 am

welshmod wrote:Sorry XAJAX but you've got it wrong - a 1 year rolling contract does not mean that it always has 12 months to run, It means it is automatically renewed for periods of 12 months at the end (or within notice period), unless one or both parties serves notice of termination in accordance with whatever notice period and termination clauses are included in the paperwork.

As for compensation, there will be a separate section/clause detailing the financial pay off for termination inside of the contract period, but if notice is served correctly then no severance will be payable UNLESS there are additional special clauses..

Either way he should go and go now before the rest of season is ruined, we have the best squad in the championship and some great players - but they not doing the business for OGS and he should fall on his sword.....

Spot on

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:06 am

ThomasC wrote:
Liles93 wrote:

Yes, good point :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Jones got the best out of maverick players like Bothroyd who should of had a better career with the talent he had. Jones got the best out of him and many others :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Holy shit, remember the 2-2 with QPR though and Bothroyd scored that screamer curler from the near throw-in line? And then Taraabt scored the exact same goal for them, that was an exciting match, and an exciting season to be honest.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:09 am

llangainbluebird wrote:Tonight was truly shocking. We made an ordinary Boro side look terriffic. Really felt for Matthew Connolly, stuck at left back! A collection of individuals who don't know each other. Nobody leading.

I fear that somebody is going to give us a hiding soon, like five or six nil.

I've been very reluctant to say this, but Ole must go. Preferably, do the decent thing, and resign. Otherwise, he must be sacked.

Nice bloke, and everything, but he's miles out of his depth.

We're heading for League One at this rate. One point from the last twelve, says it all.

For the first time in my many, many years of supporting City I'm half hoping that the 5/6 comes against Derby.
The reason being that surely that would see him off?
Would be better than hanging on with him until Xmas picking up a few points here & there.

Still can't believe I said that mind!

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:23 am

welshmod wrote:Sorry XAJAX but you've got it wrong - a 1 year rolling contract does not mean that it always has 12 months to run, It means it is automatically renewed for periods of 12 months at the end (or within notice period), unless one or both parties serves notice of termination in accordance with whatever notice period and termination clauses are included in the paperwork.

But surely that's just a twelve month contract. It runs for twelve months and is either renewed or not renewed. Much like a rolling monthly phone contract, if you cancel you have to continue to pay for a calender month.

I think we're all guessing what the terms of his contract are anyhow, only the club Ole and their lawyers know the real terms.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:24 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:https://www.flickr.com/photos/joncandy/15239420476/in/set-72157647693714685

He was at the Norwich game as well.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:27 pm

ThomasC wrote:
Liles93 wrote:

He also played Whitts in an AM role where he was top scorer in the Championship.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:42 pm

Roeder coming in above OGS or even to assist in some way would completely undermine his own position as manager. That could well be deliberate, though. I recall a similar trick involving Martin Jol at Fulham which backfired considerably.

I think he'll get the dreaded vote of confidence today and be gone after the first poor result.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:29 pm

Solskjær did great in the transfer market, bringing in some excellent players cheap.. But that also contributed to his downfall.
He's got one of the best teams in the league, but he can't make them play.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:34 pm

random3 wrote:Solskjær did great in the transfer market, bringing in some excellent players cheap.. But that also contributed to his downfall.
He's got one of the best teams in the league, but he can't make them play.

Time for an experienced British manager to take the lead! Hopefully it will be someone who is experienced and knows who their best 11 are!

Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:52 pm

peoffrey - mcfc wrote:

Roeder coming in above OGS or even to assist in some way would completely undermine his own position as manager. That could well be deliberate, though. I recall a similar trick involving Martin Jol at Fulham which backfired considerably.

I think he'll get the dreaded vote of confidence today and be gone after the first poor result.

Same thing happened to Ståle Solbakken over at Wolverhampton...