Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Summoned to a meeting "

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:51 pm

?

Apparently Chairman Dalman summoned Olie to the boardroom after the game for an urgent meeting which wasn't planned.

Now the next meeting will be with Tan.

Re: " Ole Summoned to a meeting "

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:53 pm

' Cardiff City boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admits he's under pressure as he prepares for Vincent Tan talks '

Tuesday Sep 16, 2014

By Chris Wathan

Solskjaer says he 'may have to change things around' after admitting his side is short on confidence and his own position is under scrutiny

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has admitted he's under pressure after Cardiff City crashed to a second home defeat inside a week.

And he conceded his misfiring side are struggling for confidence as they head into the weekend as he accepted neither performances or their position 17th in the Championship table is good enough.

Boos rang out as the Bluebirds went down to Middlesbrough after Kike's second minute strike, leaving boss Solskjaer under no illusion his position is under scrutiny following a run of four without a win.

The Norwegian – who expects to speak to owner Vincent Tan in the coming days – said he takes full responsibility for the slide.

And he said: “”If you don't get results of course you are under pressure. We didn't expect to be sitting where we are after seven games. We knew there were some tough fixtures in there but we expected more of a return than one point from four games.

“You have to be confident. I won't sleep a lot after this because the performances and where we are in the league hasn't been good enough.

“But I am an optimist and I may have to change things around.”

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:55 pm

probably given an ultimatum where things must turn around very soon or its the sack... hopefully it's Dalman giving him his P45 though, as I've lost faith now!

7 points from the next 4 or you're sacked. Something along those lines I reckon

Gloat gloat :bluescarf: :ole:

We're thinking of appointing Glen Roder to help you, have you ever heard the phrase "blind leading the blind"

Let's face it, Tan has made a significan investment and Ole has built a decent squad but he can't manage for toffee.

It will be an interesting couple of hours indeed.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:56 pm

It's a disaster... We were not in this position with dave jones.. And he had to make do with freebies, loans and ageing players....

We've spent and have a fantastic collection of individual talent.. Ole has proven that the Norwegian league is like managing at league of wales level... Nice guy, but not good enough..... We should be comfortable in this league... It looks like everyone can beat us... He cannot get this to work...

Meeting should be quick realistically... He's not cut out for it so he has to be sacked....

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:58 pm

CHANGE bloody hell he needs to go clueless.

Re: " Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Summoned to a meeting "

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:00 pm

Tan has to do what the best for the club again, that is getting Ole out of here. Tony Pulis would be a good choice but will he want to come here?

Ole has to go, because things are not happening under him.

Give his p45 :thumbup: :thumbup:

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:00 pm

Changes???

He makes too many.

We need a manager who can pick and motivate squad.

Sorry but Ole has to go. . . or put him as staff and bring in manager

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:02 pm

He simply has to go. Its not a difficult decision to take either, when you consider all the money that is at stake.

To start with, he got us relegated from the Premiership remember,,,exactly how much did that cost our club?

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:03 pm

People are still going on about how no manager will want to work under Tan?

He's backed every manager who's been here, payed good transfer fee's and pay good wages! Was also proved to be in the right over Malky!

I hate the guy, but any manager will be well supported by him!

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:04 pm

Is that it then? Is he f*****?

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:04 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:He simply has to go. Its not a difficult decision to take either, when you consider all the money that is at stake.

To start with, he got us relegated from the Premiership remember,,,exactly how much did that cost our club?

Agree, and as someone stated last night.. 4 times in last 10 yrs we have conceded more than 4 at home, 3 times under ole... The manner of the defeats against hull and palace, as well as the jacks away game... Newcastle and Sunderland results, and now this has continued into this season...

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:06 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:People are still going on about how no manager will want to work under Tan?

He's backed every manager who's been here, payed good transfer fee's and pay good wages! Was also proved to be in the right over Malky!

I hate the guy, but any manager will be well supported by him!

agree ,ole is delmans man ,tan must be Pissed off now ,ole has to go

Not many envisaged how boring it would be to watch city with ole at the helm.

Ole please do the honourable thing, realise ur not good enough and resign now.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:10 pm

ThomasC wrote:Not many envisaged how boring it would be to watch city with ole at the helm.

On that note Thomas, I actually thought we would play exciting football under Ole, quite the opposite.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ThomasC wrote:Not many envisaged how boring it would be to watch city with ole at the helm.

On that note Thomas, I actually thought we would play exciting football under Ole, quite the opposite.

More boring than under Malky, at least we had a bit if fight in us!

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:14 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

More boring than under Malky, at least we had a bit if fight in us!

And organisation.. You could see the lines of 4 and the set up... Plus we did actually create chances..

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I honestly thought that with t be players we brought in we would smash this league but they just don't same to 've playing as a team or with confidence ,ole can't seem to get them up for these games

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:18 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I honestly thought that with t be players we brought in we would smash this league but they just don't same to 've playing as a team or with confidence ,ole can't seem to get them up for these games

Wez, I thought the same, the squad is full of quality players.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:19 pm

Maybe we are not paying the players enough for them to get up to it :bluescarf: :ole:

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pulis would organize us better and would whoop the players in to shape but I doubt he would drop down to the championship apart from him I don't know who would sort them out and is available

Wez, I thought the same, the squad is full of quality players.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:22 pm

pulis would organize us better and would whoop the players in to shape but I doubt he would drop down to the championship apart from him I don't know who would sort them out and is available

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:24 pm

Tonight was truly shocking. We made an ordinary Boro side look terriffic. Really felt for Matthew Connolly, stuck at left back! A collection of individuals who don't know each other. Nobody leading.

I fear that somebody is going to give us a hiding soon, like five or six nil.

I've been very reluctant to say this, but Ole must go. Preferably, do the decent thing, and resign. Otherwise, he must be sacked.

Nice bloke, and everything, but he's miles out of his depth.

We're heading for League One at this rate. One point from the last twelve, says it all.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:27 pm

Surely OGS contract is up in January, appointed on a 1-yr rolling contract I believe?

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:36 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:Surely OGS contract is up in January, appointed on a 1-yr rolling contract I believe?

It is Cal, but do we wait till then?

£4 million a season in wages, plus bonuses :shock:

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:Surely OGS contract is up in January, appointed on a 1-yr rolling contract I believe?

It is Cal, but do we wait till then?

£4 million a season in wages, plus bonuses :shock:

I hope not... £4m in wages?!?!