Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Macheda

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:42 pm

Was he unwell or just plain lazy?

Didn't seem to even be trying.

Made Jay Bothroyd look like a real grafter.

Re: Macheda

Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:02 am

Totally agree. Looked slow and tired.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:10 am

blackers1927 wrote:Totally agree. Looked slow and tired.

Macheda was excellent for the first half hour Saturday playing centrally. Everything went through him and he largely contributed to all our good play and attacks. Ole then changed the system to 4-5-1, switched Macheda to the left wing and he had to do a lot more work than usual. With Macheda recently coming back from injury and not being match fit, switching him to the left wing to make him track back and defend, something he isn't used to, knackered him. I was shocked Macheda came back out for the second half, never mind finish the game!

With Macheda recently returning from an injury, not 100% match fit and given a tough run out Saturday, WHY THE HELL DID OLE PLAY HIM AGAIN A FEW DAYS LATER TONIGHT? OF COURSE HE WASN'T GOING TO BE ABLE TO DO MUCH RUNNING AFTER SATURDAY!

Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:11 am

He is much slower then i expected him to be.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:53 am

He was dreadful last night. I am sorry to say that it was like playing with 10 men. I did not see him contribute towards anything. No running off the ball, no calling for the ball, no covering, nothing going forward. He ran out of steam second half on Saturday.

How he is being picked before Guerra or Le Fondre come to that is unbelievable.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:03 am

One through ball last night, a fully fit Macheda would have beaten the defender to it and maybe scored :thumbup: