Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Problem & the solution.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:40 pm

Kept my thoughts to myself up until now and was personally going to give Ole 8 games to see how he fairs before drawing any conclusions regarding his Managers prowess, but after only seven matches i believe to have seen enough(of course i would love to be proved wrong) to form an opinion and whilst thinking tonight that it had to get worse before enough people realised Ole is not the answer and it is only my guess that Tan will be bricking it after putting 40 million approx into the squad this season to get us promoted.

Now feel i would like to see all the stops being pulled out to get Tony Pulis here,with a decent salary,nice promotion bonus clause and him also being a Cardiff lad could make this possible.
When Pulis was interviewed the end of last season he was asked how he turned Crystal Palaces fortunes around from dead cert relegation fodder to 11th in the Premier league of which he replied when he first arrived he observed a team of skillful players playing out of their natural positions week in and week(ring any bells!!) so he set about assembling these players back to their familiar roles which reversed their performances including a 5 game winning streak in the premiership.
Trying to find any positives in our latest performance this evening leads me to only one conclusion that Ole is a nice guy but rapidly becoming an out of his depth Manager!, maybe he would find coaching more suitable ?.

I think Derby will be the tipping point,and unless the Manager and the team put in an exceptional showing to redress the abysmal tactics, tinkering and general poor quality of play we have witnessed lately then my guess is Vincent Tan may act sooner rather than later to halt what can only be envisaged faith shattering expectations within our squad.

Re: The Problem & the solution.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:44 pm

Derby will punish us.... Far better team than wolves or boro... We should act before the weekend..

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:46 pm

We will not get Pulis mate Palace had a sensible Chairman & board and he left there ,we are run by a lunatic you reckon he will come with all the previous shit the club has been dragged through???? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:47 pm

£40 million ? :?

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:50 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:£40 million ? :?

Salaries, bounus,etc :o

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:51 pm

So why not make that clear :bluescarf: :ole:

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:55 pm

Good shout, but my fear is Pulis wouldn't touch us with a barge pole. More like another yes man in the frame, i hope its not GR. :old:

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:56 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:So why not make that clear :bluescarf: :ole:

I am sure Palace offerd him the lot and more :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:16 pm

Think it is pretty clear maybe you should have gone to specsavers :lol: .

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:31 pm

So Malky must have actually spent over a £100 million in the premier with wages and bonuses not just £50 million :bluescarf: :ole:

Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:26 am

The problem is that we're shite.

The solution is to get a different manager.

:ayatollah:

Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:44 am

Doesnt no his best 11 changes the team every game subs people at half time which is embarrassing for players. Changing tactics 3 or more times during a game. Can't motivate the players is way out of his depth and I can't see a pattern to his style of play to gime him time to get it to work.

Always hate managers being sacked early season but ole is so clueless its unbelievable he played at the top level. The players can see it and so can the fans he has to go im sorry play like that under ole for this season and its relegation.
To many players used no partnership s being developed and players play well get dropped you get my drift.

Ole out

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:48 am

troobloo3339 wrote:So Malky must have actually spent over a £100 million in the premier with wages and bonuses not just £50 million :bluescarf: :ole:

Malky got us promoted and Ole got us relegated and will struggle to keep us in the championship. Love or hate Malky he is clearly a better manager than Ole!!
Last nights performance was the probably the poorest football I have seen us play in many years and a reasonable result against Derby on Saturday will in my opinion only paper over the cracks!!
17th in the premier league when he arrived and now 17th in the championship.... Unacceptable with the money we have spent!

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:52 am

Pretty clear to most of us. :lol:

Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:35 am

Looking at the last two games, the 4-4-2 Ole played was a poor decision. In theory having 2 up front should mean goals but in reality teams have us out numbered in midfield and pass all around us. I think Ole realised this and switched to 4-5-1 at half time. Problem is he plays people out of position, Connelly at left back? Gunnarson on the wing? We look very disorganised, we are screaming out for Pulis to take over.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:54 am

jackblue wrote:We will not get Pulis mate Palace had a sensible Chairman & board and he left there ,we are run by a lunatic you reckon he will come with all the previous shit the club has been dragged through???? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

sensible and they got rid of premier manager of the season???? :laughing5:

[quote="jackblue"]We will not get Pulis mate Palace had a sensible Chairman & board and he left there ,we are run by a lunatic you reckon he will come with all the previous shit the club has been dragged through???? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/q
Last edited by pembroke allan on Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

jackblue wrote:We will not get Pulis mate Palace had a sensible Chairman & board and he left there ,we are run by a lunatic you reckon he will come with all the previous shit the club has been dragged through???? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:59 am

talataylor wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:So Malky must have actually spent over a £100 million in the premier with wages and bonuses not just £50 million :bluescarf: :ole:

Malky got us promoted and Ole got us relegated and will struggle to keep us in the championship. Love or hate Malky he is clearly a better manager than Ole!!
Last nights performance was the probably the poorest football I have seen us play in many years and a reasonable result against Derby on Saturday will in my opinion only paper over the cracks!!
17th in the premier league when he arrived and now 17th in the championship.... Unacceptable with the money we have spent!

:laughing5: and malkie wasnt manager for 1st 30 odd games in premier??? :lol: ole didnt get us relegated he was just manager at time! you get relegated by results over whole season not last 8 :thumbup:

Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:31 pm

I think Ole was manager for 20 games last season, not just 8 ?

Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:21 pm

Seems the problem has been solved now to execute the solution :ayatollah: .