Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Aron Gunnarsson

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:27 pm

A battle hardened warrior who isn't the most technically gifted footballer, but has the desire, spirit, character and energy to give his all and run himself into the ground for us from the first second to the last. Give him the captaincy and play him every game because I would take a team of Aron Gunnarsson's who gives his all over what we saw tonight every time! At least we will then be competing and not be the soft touch we currently are!

Re: Aron Gunnarsson

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:33 pm

10 times the player whittingham is at the moment. Whitts fannys out of everything!!

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:36 pm

Sorry cannot agree with you regarding Whitts this time the only 1 midfielder we had who actually wanted the ball rest treated it like a hot potato

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:40 pm

I cringed when I saw him coming on.... Disagree sorry abut gunnarsson... He has desire, but he's poor playin in the number 10 role..

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:42 pm

Exactly mate he ain't no No10 centre mid fair enough wtf play le fondre or guerra as a No10 at least they can play that position???

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:44 pm

Jack blue what game you watching
Whitts couldn't get rid of quick enough
It goes straight back where it came from
I lost count how many times he gave it to Connelly who was in a worse position than him
His free kicks and corners were totally shit
Why do fans rate him so highly he slows everything down can't tackle and now can't put in any decent balls from set pieces :bluescarf: :ole:

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:45 pm

Gunners should be sitting deep, Whitts needs to play further up field and Adiyemi is an awful player, I've seen enough of him already.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:48 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:Jack blue what game you watching
I lost count how many times he gave it to Connelly who was in a worse position than him
Why do fans rate him so highly he slows everything down can't tackle and now can't put in any decent balls from set pieces :bluescarf: :ole:

Spot on with whitts and his form has been like this for some time.. Really slows the game down...

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:50 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:Jack blue what game you watching

You tell me what other midfielder showed for the ball ???answer no one mate only back four were available

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:50 pm

Kanester wrote:Gunners should be sitting deep, Whitts needs to play further up field and Adiyemi is an awful player, I've seen enough of him already.

My sentiments exactly. Adayemi really isn't good enough I'm afraid

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:51 pm

I'd say play Gunnar over Whitts but Gunnar is best suited as an impact player. Remember in our promotion season where he came on each time and scored loads?

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:10 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:I'd say play Gunnar over Whitts but Gunnar is best suited as an impact player. Remember in our promotion season where he came on each time and scored loads?

Good point.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:38 pm

Kanester wrote:Gunners should be sitting deep, Whitts needs to play further up field and Adiyemi is an awful player, I've seen enough of him already.

Shall I tell you where Whitts and Gunnarson should be playing. League fuking 1 that's where period.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:42 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:A battle hardened warrior who isn't the most technically gifted footballer, but has the desire, spirit, character and energy to give his all and run himself into the ground for us from the first second to the last. Give him the captaincy and play him every game because I would take a team of Aron Gunnarsson's who gives his all over what we saw tonight every time! At least we will then be competing and not be the soft touch we currently are!

Absolutely spot on. A zillion per cent better than Whittingham in every shape and form!

Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:46 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:A battle hardened warrior who isn't the most technically gifted footballer, but has the desire, spirit, character and energy to give his all and run himself into the ground for us from the first second to the last. Give him the captaincy and play him every game because I would take a team of Aron Gunnarsson's who gives his all over what we saw tonight every time! At least we will then be competing and not be the soft touch we currently are!

Absolutely spot on. A zillion per cent better than Whittingham in every shape and form!

Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:42 am

Dropped the guy who scored in the last match? Just one of a number of strange decisions made by Ole.

Agree with the OP I think Gunnar as captain would be a master stroke. Not in the no 10 role though.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:34 am

Totally agree Ross, and he showed it when he came on last night, he had a bit of fire in his belly and tried to take the game to the boro back 4 albeit by himself! He was the only player to come out of last night with a little bit of credit, as you say not the most technically gifted but on his day he has the fight we need for this league imo. :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:35 am

Certainly wouldn't make him captain and did wouldn't be first name on my team sheet. We should have better.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:00 am

Ross, we are missing battlers, Ole got rid of them all.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:05 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Thought that y we signed digkacoi?

Feel for adeyemi, he is a good player but he was trying to do 2 jobs alongside whitts yesterday...

Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:07 am

he's crap - end of!

Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:30 am

jackblue wrote:Sorry cannot agree with you regarding Whitts this time the only 1 midfielder we had who actually wanted the ball rest treated it like a hot potato

Sorry whitts is a liability, he's had 6 poor games this season

Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Spot on Annis, Ole has got rid of the wrong players. :(

Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:36 pm

Gunnarsson is a parks player and not a very good one at that.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:54 pm

Gunnar and whitts both need to be shipped out asap. Better players than them in league one

Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:58 pm

after a gutless performance its easy to target a passer like whitts. he has had a poor season so far though, and in a mini crisis like this he would probably benefit from a 5 man midfield.

true gunnar came on and gave it a go and tried to make things happen, but too often a player of ours got the ball and had no options as players didnt move into space as they didnt seem to want to make mistakes, thats a failing of the team, and not specific individuals. i think the nervousness and anger of the fans compounded the problem.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:17 pm

I do think gunnar could do well under a manager like Pulis who would limit what he does and give him a certain job to do.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:39 pm

jackblue wrote:Sorry cannot agree with you regarding Whitts this time the only 1 midfielder we had who actually wanted the ball rest treated it like a hot potato
Yes but he drops back to a CB role to pick it up and then players the sidewards pass. Slowing the whole play day

Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:42 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Thought that y we signed digkacoi?

Feel for adeyemi, he is a good player but he was trying to do 2 jobs alongside whitts yesterday...

Adeyemi is a class player when in a solid Midfield you cant play a luxury player like Whittingham in a basic 4 midfield he doesn't track back with his man and is shit in a tackle