' Ole under pressure '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Ole under pressure '

Postby wez1927 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:16 pm

Tuesday 16th Sept 2014

Media Wales

Cardiff City boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admits he's under pressure as he prepares for Vincent Tan talks

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has admitted he's under pressure after Cardiff City crashed to a second home defeat inside a week.

And he conceded his misfiring side are struggling for confidence as they head into the weekend as he accepted neither performances or their position 17th in the Championship table is good enough.

Boos rang out as the Bluebirds went down to Middlesbrough after Kike's second minute strike, leaving boss Solskjaer under no illusion his position is under scrutiny following a run of four without a win.

The Norwegian – who expects to speak to owner Vincent Tan in the coming days – said he takes full responsibility for the slide.

And he said: “”If you don't get results of course you are under pressure. We didn't expect to be sitting where we are after seven games. We knew there were some tough fixtures in there but we expected more of a return than one point from four games.

“You have to be confident. I won't sleep a lot after this because the performances and where we are in the league hasn't been good enough.

“But I am an optimist and I may have to change things around.”

On whether he thought he would be given the time to turn things around, Solskjaer added: “At the moment I'm paid to do my best for Cardiff City. I'll have some sleepless hours, get ready to go again and see if I can.

“We wanted to go out there and prove to ourselves we can play better than we did against Norwich but an early goal knocked a few of the lads' confidence.

“There are expectations and we need to challenge ourselves, we relish it. We should be up there – we're not so we know we are under pressure.”

Boro boss Aitor Karanka sensed that pressure going into the game, admitting he told his players to exploit the growing tension at Cardiff City Stadium.

The former Real Madrid assistant boss said: “They are a Premier League team with a Premier League crowd – but also Premier League pressure.

“I know how difficult it is to play at home after losing at home the way they did and I told the players to have very high intensity at the beginning.

“It is difficult to work in that pressure – but I don't doubt this team with that manager will be in a high position at the end.”
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

' Ole under pressure '

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ole under presure wales on line

Postby Wayne S » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:18 pm

“But I am an optimist and I may have to change things around.”

Change things around? That's a joke right?
Wayne S

Re: ' Ole under pressure '

Postby Canton stand baz » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:10 am

I don't care if he never sleeps again. Why mention that he will have sleepless nights, twice. Like were all supposed to feel sorry for him.

Do the right thing ole and then you can sleep all you like
100% plastic
Canton stand baz

Re: ' Ole under pressure '

Postby nut19740 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:52 am

I don't post much but we are f^%&*
nut19740

Return to General Chat