Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' LET'S FOCUS ON THE POSITIVES '

Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:58 pm

:thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:00 pm

Bluemellons wrote:The only positive was I didn't get my alloys nicked off the car. I'm happy. :lol:

Quality :lol: :bluescarf:

Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:17 pm

A few of us were concerned about the lack of full backs. We are too thin in this position in my opinion. Still, I would have given John a second chance.

For the centre backs, you can´t really criticize Ole for giving Bruno a spot in the team, and he proved yesterday that he is quality. His passing was not spot on all the time, but you really could see that he knows how to put in a tackle. Cala in for Morrison is more questionable, although the latter didn´t have a great game against Norwich. Cala did alright for the most, but you can question his positioning on the early goal. Brayford-Bruno-Connolly-John would have been my pic for the match.

The problem was not in defense, however, but rather in the offensive play. The midfielders were often setting up the strikers/wingers for a run, while the strikers or the wingers were never where the ball was passed. This is about flow, you could say, but it´s just as much about phycology. The player that should go for a run, didn´t not trust the ball to be played in room. Meeting the ball is a safer option, not to set yourself out of play. I´m sure they are practicing the right things on the training ground, but you also need the mentality to take some risks when it matters.

That said, Ole looked really desperate yesterday, constantly changing formation in a hope to achieve something. I don´t really think he believed in it himself, but at least he didn´t want to seem as passive as in the second half against Norwich. Bu we all saw that it didn´t matter whatever he tried. The problem is not in the tactics, it´s between the ears of the players.