Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' LET'S FOCUS ON THE POSITIVES '

Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:56 pm

Put aside that we lack pace throughout the side.

Never mind we ended another game without any width.

Forget about the fact we changed our two centre halves for a totally new partnership, who cares we played a right back, who has been excellent at centre half, at left back tonight.

Does it matter that the manager is changing players and switching things around so much and that some suspect he is genuinely out of his depth.

The fact we never created any genuine clear cut chances throughout the game shouldn't really be a cause for concern.

The crowds are falling and getting despondent with what they are witnessing and hoping they will see evidence of the 'attack minded football' and 'forward passing play'.

Tactics and formations are not something the fans should bother themselves or worry themselves about.

Never mind Cardiff City have spent the most money they have ever spent in their history assembling a squad to compete at this level.

Who wants to be concerned with the lack of patterns of play that may give us a glimmer of hope of what we are trying to achieve.

The league table doesn't paint a nice picture but the current position is a false one surely.

In the seven league games so far we have only won two and there is not one single performance we can say 'we played well there!', doesn't matter one iota.

With arguably the best squad of players in the division, two home defeats on the trot coupled with poor performances, we should still not ask questions like 'what is going on?'.

So let's put all the above to one side and focus on the positives. :thumbup:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=147515 :ayatollah:

Re: LET'S FOCUS ON THE POSITIVES

Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:58 pm

:lol:

Good way to sum things up Carl :thumbright:

:ayatollah:

The only positive I could see tonight was that it didn't rain.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:59 pm

Brilliant post Carlito! :bluescarf:

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:00 pm

It's Tan's fault!

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:01 pm

Couple of positives for me in the dire from last two games, thought Bruno and cala looked ok and also like the look of guerra

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:05 pm

davids wrote:It's Tan's fault!

Well, it is really. :lol:

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:09 pm

Why do people still reckon we have the best side in the championship? Based on what? A load of signings from run of the mill English teams or a load of signings from abroad? Having a big squad doesn't make it the best.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:11 pm

Good post I thought ;)

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:12 pm

Joe Mason scored a hat trick tonight, thats positive.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:18 pm

carlccfc wrote:Joe Mason scored a hat trick tonight, thats positive.

He could have done it for us! But instead we've bought a load of new players who are sat on the bench

Re: ' LET'S FOCUS ON THE POSITIVES '

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:20 pm

The only positive was I didn't get my alloys nicked off the car. I'm happy. :lol:

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:23 pm

When players score then get dropped next game its little wonder there not motivated.
Ole picks the team like hes picking random numbers in the lottery.
The standard is not acceptable for the money we are paying them.
If you can see any positives from tonight its that Ole dont have much longer left.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:23 pm

the only positive i can really think of. is. the pie i had tonight was ok. it was warm and soggy but it was ok. other than that nothing to report

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:25 pm

The clock was working - that was a positive.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:26 pm

I was going to go tonight but took an overtime shift in work. Positive.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:26 pm

Most money they have ever spent in thier history ???
Think that acalade belongs with Malky doesn't it Carl
Can't be arsed to respond to the other sarcastic comments :bluescarf: :ole:
By the way the positives I saw tonight were guerra manga and cala
Some one also said cala was at fault for there goal not so IMO the cross was a worldly pass over cala s head but Marshall should of come for it ,it dropped in the 6 yard box
And our wonder midfielder with the dead ball expertise who is so Loyal to us was total rubbish once again how many times his free kicks / corners didn't beat the first man was numerable
I think we all know we lack pace and noone can't come back quick enough to help sort that out and we are to soft/nice in the middle and hopefully dikgiqio will sort that out
My biggest concern is why players are still not fit enough to start :bluescarf: :ole:

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:29 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:Most money they have ever spent in thier history ???
Some one also said cala was at fault for there goal not so IMO the cross was a worldly pass over cala s head but Marshall should of come for it ,it dropped in the 6 yard box
And our wonder midfielder with the dead ball expertise who is so Loyal to us was total rubbish once again how many times his free kicks / corners didn't beat the first man was numerable
I think we all know we lack pace and noone can't come back quick enough to help sort that out and we are to soft/nice in the middle and hopefully dikgiqio will sort that out
My biggest concern is why players are still not fit enough to start :bluescarf: :ole:

Steve, I stated the most money spent AT THIS LEVEL.

That accolade certainly belongs to Ole.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:39 pm

Football wise as a manager Steve, you honestly cant even compare Ole to Malky, not even a touch on Malky's record :thumbright:

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:47 pm

carlccfc wrote:Put aside that we lack pace throughout the side.

Never mind we ended another game without any width.

Forget about the fact we changed our two centre halves for a totally new partnership, who cares we played a right back, who has been excellent at centre half, at left back tonight.

Does it matter that the manager is changing players and switching things around so much and that some suspect he is genuinely out of his depth.

The fact we never created any genuine clear cut chances throughout the game shouldn't really be a cause for concern.

The crowds are falling and getting despondent with what they are witnessing and hoping they will see evidence of the 'attack minded football' and 'forward passing play'.

Tactics and formations are not something the fans should bother themselves or worry themselves about.

Never mind Cardiff City have spent the most money they have ever spent in their history assembling a squad to compete at this level.

Who wants to be concerned with the lack of patterns of play that may give us a glimmer of hope of what we are trying to achieve.

The league table doesn't paint a nice picture but the current position is a false one surely.

In the seven league games so far we have only won two and there is not one single performance we can say 'we played well there!', doesn't matter one iota.

With arguably the best squad of players in the division, two home defeats on the trot coupled with poor performances, we should still not ask questions like 'what is going on?'.

So let's put all the above to one side and focus on the positives. :thumbup:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=147515 :ayatollah:

The only positives I can think of tonight are the humour in the Canton Stand and the stadium clock is working again!

Good write up Carl, you've summed tonight up perfectly. :thumbup:

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:16 am

carlccfc wrote:

Steve, I stated the most money spent AT THIS LEVEL.
That accolade certainly belongs to Ole.

He made a £12 million profit for the club on transfers you conveniently left out so net spend you are way off

Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:56 am

Not too many positves tonite,but at the end of the day we must play to our strength's.Kenwynne Jones seems to get his head on everything directed at him,so lump it in the box far more often(not pretty but hey ho) and live off scrapss.
Guerra looks class and must start a run of games.
Lets keep the two center backs as they looked ok.

Out wide we really are struggling and Noone must start when fit,you need width and pace and we don't have it at the moment.
I thought Adomah showed us how a winger goes about his business.

We must do the simple things right first.
Worrying times at the moment!!

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:30 am

nubbsy wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Joe Mason scored a hat trick tonight, thats positive.

He could have done it for us! But instead we've bought a load of new players who are sat on the bench

Even if Joe was in t he side last night, he wouldn't have had much chance of scoring, as there was very little service to the forward line. I'm sure he's quite happy at Bolton for the moment.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:37 am

There were no positives last night. It was truly awful.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:09 am

When we suffer defeat after Defeat, and the way we were defeated ,sorry I cant see the positives in it. Also straight away Ole says he will have to make changes for Saturdays games yet again, ok yes something has to be done ,but we will never get any where without a settled side.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:32 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Football wise as a manager Steve, you honestly cant even compare Ole to Malky, not even a touch on Malky's record :thumbright:

Very true Annis, ole has way more integrity than Malky could ever have.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:23 pm

The only positive I can think of at the mo, is that Pulis is bookies favourites which surely means that behind the scenes he will at least get a call. Hopefully :bluescarf:

Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:34 pm

Positives = we're one more day closer to Tan leaving the club and hopefully f.ucking off back to Malaysia for good.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:14 pm

My positives are there are so many empty seats in front of me, i can watch the game......But the games are not good....lol