Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who was your man of the match v Middlesbrough at home?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:21 pm

David Marshall
3%
John Brayford
No votes
Bruno Manga
22%
Juan Cala
28%
Matt Connolly
No votes
Anthony Pilkington
2%
Peter Whittingham
1%
Tom Adeyemi
No votes
Mats Daehli
1%
Kiko Macheda
No votes
Kenwyne Jones
11%
Aron Gunnarsson (sub)
2%
Adam Le Fondre (sub)
No votes
Javi Guerra (sub)
29%

Total votes : 90

' MOTM v Middlesbrough (h) '

Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Less said about the result, the better.

Is this the end for Ole? Perhaps.

Who was your MOTM, if anyone?

24 hours to vote.

Re: MOTM v Middlesbrough (h)

Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:23 pm

none, there wasnt a motm

Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:45 pm

Juan Cala :thumbright:

Re: ' MOTM v Middlesbrough (h) '

Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:48 pm

Manga , Cala ,Jones ,Gunnarsson and Guerra (why isn't he starting) are the only ones who played well tonight ( I felt sorry for Connolly as he has been playing well at CB then he's played out of position and it showed )

Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:56 pm

My vote goes to Juan Cala but Manga came a close 2nd :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:00 pm

Juan Cala for me and Manga also looks as if he will add a lot to the team.

Guerra had just 18 minutes but boy does he look class or what.

:bluescarf:

Best performance by a city player tonight goes to Joe Mason with a 2nd half hatrick. Well done Joe see you next season hopefully.

:bluescarf:

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Juan Cala :thumbright:

Cala for me too, But I bet you he doesn't play next game.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:21 pm

Javi Guerra - quality player who came on, ran his socks off and battled hard

Cala was good tonight too, but Javi really did make a difference.

I want to see him start at Derby woth Le Fondre - I think Jones needs a rest.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:43 pm

Guerra!

Now f*cking start him on Saturday! :x

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:44 pm

phildavies wrote:Guerra!

Now f*cking start him on Saturday! :x

:thumbup: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:24 pm

Manga :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:29 pm

I don't think any of them deserve any real credit in all honesty !

But jones probably edges it simply because you could see he has put a lot of effort into his game and did try tonight , just a shame nobody else helped him

Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:34 pm

Nobody.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:24 am

Come on Mrs Whittingham, own up, who voted for Peter again? I'm sure he didn't get picked tonight!

Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:48 am

Forever Blue wrote:Juan Cala :thumbright:

Was you smoking maraganja before the game ?????? All city players where dreadful I'd give it to a bora vplayer

Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:50 am

thomasblue wrote:I don't think any of them deserve any real credit in all honesty !

But jones probably edges it simply because you could see he has put a lot of effort into his game and did try tonight , just a shame nobody else helped him

I voted for Jones because he did his best last night :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:57 am

Other than the goal I thought Caka did well last night. He competed fir everything and dud not stop running. He showed passion. Guerra is a class above any of the other strikers and should be selected but he is being ignored by Ole for some reason.

Has a great touch, holds the ball up well and good vision. He also gives 100%.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:46 am

ThomasC wrote:
thomasblue wrote:I don't think any of them deserve any real credit in all honesty !

I voted for Jones because he did his best last night :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Exactly. Jones was by far the best player out there.

Cala was terrible, why did he get that many votes? Manga showed signs of quality, but didn't do well. Daehli got one vote too - and this was by far the worst game he's had in the Cardiff shirt.

I'd say Jones, Pilkington and Manga (because it was his debut) were the only ones who should get a passing grade in this match.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:30 am

He only came on with 15 mins left but Guerra gets my vote,looked a class above everyone else>

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:01 am

How was Cala terrible!??!

You MUST have been watching another game. Cala did very well, and if we can get manga and Cala playing together every week, we have 2 great CBs who can use the ball well too

Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:13 am

JamesC wrote:How was Cala terrible!??!

You MUST have been watching another game. Cala did very well, and if we can get manga and Cala playing together every week, we have 2 great CBs who can use the ball well too

this!

if there's one positive from the game its the fact that we have 2 CBs capable of playing the ball out, a luxury we haven't enjoyed in a while

Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:44 am

I agree with the last thing you said. Letting Manga and Cala build a good partnership is probably the best thing for the club - could really make a good pair of CBs.

Still, I think Cala's positioning and pressure was waaay off, especially in the first half. I didn't see another game, but I saw a weak, uncomfortable, insecure CB in him last night. On the ball he was OK, but that was all for me. That being said, the support from midfield was horrible, so his (and Manga's) working conditions were awful. My opinion anyway :)

Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:19 pm

City Slicker wrote:Come on Mrs Whittingham, own up, who voted for Peter again? I'm sure he didn't get picked tonight!

:laughing6:

Juan Cala for me!
He covered alot of the defensive line. He had too much work to do with Connolly constantly out of position.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:22 pm

apocalypse wrote:

I agree with the last thing you said. Letting Manga and Cala build a good partnership is probably the best thing for the club - could really make a good pair of CBs.

Still, I think Cala's positioning and pressure was waaay off, especially in the first half. I didn't see another game, but I saw a weak, uncomfortable, insecure CB in him last night. On the ball he was OK, but that was all for me. That being said, the support from midfield was horrible, so his (and Manga's) working conditions were awful. My opinion anyway :)

Fair point in the positioning point. However, he covered Connolly continuously and was virtually playing centre back aswell as left back for that game :ayatollah:
I love Cala's attitude. He always wants to impress. He did make a few errors which has cost us goals last season but he will learn. He is quality and he can proud of his performance. Gunnar & Guerra were also good when they came on.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:57 pm

Just over 20 minutes left to vote.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:14 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Just over 20 minutes left to vote.

:thumbright: