Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: LATEST NEWS/GUESS THE SCORE ' DERBY v CARDIFF CITY '

Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:25 pm

' Cardiff City: Danny Gabbidon & Scott Young focus on Derby '

Cardiff caretaker management duo Danny Gabbidon and Scott Young say they are not looking beyond Saturday's Championship encounter at Derby County.
But Gabbidon, who arrived as a player-coach in September, said: "Who knows what will happen if you get a few results."
Ex-Bluebirds defenders Gabbidon, 35, and Young, 38, are in temporary charge following Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's exit.

The duo want the squad to show more energy and organisation on the pitch.

Tony Pulis, Craig Bellamy and Dundee's Paul Hartley are out of the running to succeed Solskjaer.

And Gabbidon admitted being charge for no matter how long was "daunting".

After being released by Crystal Palace, Gabbidon trained under Solskjaer over the summer and was then offered a contract.
The centre-back, who has won 49 caps for Wales, spent five years at Cardiff after signing from West Bromwich Albion in August 2000 and made 219 appearances for the Bluebirds.

Gabbidon, who left Cardiff for West Ham United in 2005, has also played for Queens Park Rangers.
The Cwmbran-born player joined Palace on a free transfer in September 2012 but was one of 12 players released by the Eagles in May.
Gabbidon said his journey from Palace to taking charge at Cardiff City Stadium was "a rollercoaster".

Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:18 pm

bakerbluebird wrote:Now that Ole has gone and we have 2 players who know what the fans love to see, all I am looking to see from our players is 90 minutes of football where we see something we didn't for a full game under Ole - EFFORT. I'm hoping that Scott Young's enthusiasm will drive us on to victory!

However, meaning Scott & Danny were defenders in their playing days, it does make me think if they will adapt a defensive line-up during their time in charge.

I wouldn't say I'm confident at all with getting the 3 points but for the benefit of keeping myself partially sane, I will have to say 2-1 Cardiff... The players need to perform though :ayatollah:

Passion will def return from our players :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:30 pm

Derby v Cardiff preview
Jake Buxton comes back into the reckoning for Derby as they prepare to host managerless Cardiff.

Last Updated: 19/09/14 at 13:44

Buxton served a one-match suspension on Wednesday night against Blackburn, following his red card in the draw with rivals Nottingham Forest.

Zak Whitbread started in his absence as one of three changes made by Rams head coach Steve McClaren at Ewood Park. Elsewhere, Cyrus Christie and Jamie Ward came in for Ryan Shotton and Johnny Russell.

Ward looks set to keep his place after scoring twice against Rovers on his return from a hamstring problem, but midfielder Jeff Hendrick remains sidelined as he recovers from a dislocated shoulder.

Danny Gabbidon could name himself in the matchday squad when Cardiff make the trip to Pride Park.

The Welsh defender, an unused substitute on Tuesday night, will lead the team along with former fans' favourite Scott Young after Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's sacking on Thursday and he could make a number of changes to the starting line-up.

Cardiff's huge squad includes plenty of players who did not take the field against Middlesbrough including Sean Morrison, Magnus Eikrem and Guido Burgstaller, while Fabio's muscle problem will be assessed.

Craig Noone and Kagisho Dikgacoi have stepped up their push for full match fitness but the pair are more likely to return in Tuesday night's Capital One Cup clash with Bournemouth.

Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:18 pm

Cardiff have scored 1 goal or less in 17 of their last 20 away games, going on to win 1, draw 4 and lose 12 of these matches.

Cardiff have conceded 1 goal or less in 8 of their last 20 away games, going on to win 2, draw 4 and lose 2 of these matches.

In their last 20 away matches, Cardiff have scored 0.7 goals per game and conceded 1.9 goals per game on average.

Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:50 pm

Weve only won 2 of our last 20 away games :shock:

Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Weve only won 2 of our last 20 away games :shock:

Shocking stat.

Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:41 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Shocking stat.

Carl, hopefully we can start to improve ASAP :ayatollah:

Re: LATEST NEWS ' DERBY COUNTY v CARDIFF CITY ' MATCH THREA

Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:50 pm

My team would be:

Marshall
Brayford Manga Cala Fabio
Pilkington Adeyemi Ralls Noone
LeFondre Guerra

Subs:
Moore, Connolly, Gunnarsson, Whittingham, Daehli, Jones, Macheda

Would bring John/Whitts in for Fabio/Noone if they're not fit. :ayatollah:

Score Prediction: Heart telling me 2-2, but my head is telling me 3-0 loss. Really want Scott Young and Gabbs to do well. :bluescarf:

Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Shocking stat.

Carl, hopefully we can start to improve ASAP :ayatollah:

Under Ole we only won 5 out of 25 LEAGUE GAMES...
We only won 9 out of 30 competitive games under him too...

Things will only get better. :bluescarf:

Re: MATCH THREAD ' DERBY COUNTY v CARDIFF CITY ' MATCH THRE

Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:09 pm

I strangely, feel very positive about today :thumbup: let's hope it's a good day!!

:bluescarf:

Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:09 pm

Team

Marshall, Brayford, Connolly, Manga, Ralls, Whitts, Gunnar, Adeyemi, Noone, PIlk + Jones...

Wat?

Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:11 pm

Odd since I thought Cala played really well to not even see him on the bench.

Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:14 pm

#CardiffCity TEAM NEWS: Marshall (c), Brayford, Connolly, Manga, Ralls, Whittingham, Gunnarsson, Adeyemi, Noone, Pilkington & Jones. :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

SUBS: Moore, John, Morrison, Daehli, Guerra, Le Fondre & Maynard. :ayatollah:

4-5-1 with Ralls starting at left back.

Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:#CardiffCity TEAM NEWS: Marshall (c), Brayford, Connolly, Manga, Ralls, Whittingham, Gunnarsson, Adeyemi, Noone, Pilkington & Jones. :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

SUBS: Moore, John, Morrison, Daehli, Guerra, Le Fondre & Maynard. :ayatollah:

4-5-1 with Ralls starting at left back.

Some Strange starting line ups over the last few weeks but this is definitely a winner. Ralls at left back are you kidding me? Gona be made into a scape goat feel sorry for him. The way Guerra cant get a start is a joke. I hope im wrong and we win but I cant see it with that set up.

Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:46 pm

Svenman87 wrote:Odd since I thought Cala played really well to not even see him on the bench.

Agree Cala and Manga did well in the week behind a really weak midfield

Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:47 pm

Not happy with that line up. Why did we sign Guerra by the way. Play him for fecks sake!

Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:48 pm

Not happy with that line up. Why did we sign Guerra by the way. Play him for fecks sake!

Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:50 pm

I refuse to belive Ralls is playing right back totally by random. Maybe he has been filling this role in the development team at some point? If not, strange to let out John.

Otherwise, I think the line-up looks exciting. Let´s just hope Noone is ready for a start.

Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:54 pm

Dve wrote:I refuse to belive Ralls is playing right back totally by random. Maybe he has been filling this role in the development team at some point? If not, strange to let out John.

Otherwise, I think the line-up looks exciting. Let´s just hope Noone is ready for a start.

Exciting - Our best forward Guerra is on bench, Jones done well but if hes upfront by himself that hoof ball all over again.
The midfield that has been picked has been over run in so many games this year
And we don't have 4 defenders to play at back
Line up more worrying than exciting.
Big Plus ofcourse Noone great player

Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:02 pm

Hmm, god knows how this will go. At least there's a solid formation?

Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:08 pm

No take it back is 4 at back and ralls is left back very weird
Last edited by BristolBlueBird1097 on Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:09 pm

Wow dodged a bullet there...

Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:11 pm

Same old sh#t

Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:12 pm

Can't keep the fecking ball

Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:13 pm

BristolBlueBird1097 wrote:No take it back is 4 at back and ralls is left back very weird

He has played left back before.

Better option than connolly or John.

Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:18 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
BristolBlueBird1097 wrote:No take it back is 4 at back and ralls is left back very weird

He has played left back before.

Better option than connolly or John.

Connoly Manga Cala and Brayford problem solved

Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:30 pm

stentona wrote:Can't keep the fecking ball

We have 22% possession so far. A new low.

Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:33 pm

Idk how many midfielders we need if we still are getting bossed in this formation.

Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:34 pm

No surprise with Whitts, Adeyemi & Gunnarson in midfield that we have 22% possession ... the three are a waste of space. We need a whole new centre midfield and soon ... LOAN SYSTEM PLEASE

Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:35 pm

They look completely fecking lost